Options

NEW PLAYERS: Things to know about the commitment this game requires.

2Next

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    How Far Can I Go? Without using GOLD is this week's challenge. Last time I attempted this I came up short 20 Weapons Parts for a Trebuchet, I believe. I have much better weapons this time around though, so we'll see ...

Quick stats on the leaders (Android) after six hours: Rank #1 has 4,000+ APs and Rank #2 has over 3,800 APs.

Some quick arithmetic suggests roughly 11 victories a minute or a victory every 5-6 seconds. Whilst this appears to fall short of suggesting an unfair advantage, it definitely caught my attention ...

... how could someone keep up that pace? Rockets & Grenades? I don't think so ... but what do I know ** SMILES **

SCORPION
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    How Far Can I Go? Without using GOLD is this week's challenge. Last time I attempted this I came up short 20 Weapons Parts for a Trebuchet, I believe. I have much better weapons this time around though, so we'll see ...

Quick stats on the leaders (Android) after six hours: Rank #1 has 4,000+ APs and Rank #2 has over 3,800 APs.

Some quick arithmetic suggests roughly 11 victories a minute or a victory every 5-6 seconds. Whilst this appears to fall short of suggesting an unfair advantage, it definitely caught my attention ...

... how could someone keep up that pace? Rockets & Grenades? I don't think so ... but what do I know ** SMILES **

SCORPION

amsoft2000/Scorpion, I think your calculations were just a tiny, bit off.

This is Global Events. Every victory in a PvP match gets you 25 APs - after the first 7 matches that is. So...

(((4000 - 85)/25)+7)/6 = 27.267 victories every hour - which is about a victory for every 2.2 minutes.
  • Options
    Noobie wrote: »
    amsoft2000/Scorpion, I think your calculations were just a tiny, bit off.

This is Global Events. Every victory in a PvP match gets you 25 APs - after the first 7 matches that is. So...

(((4000 - 85)/25)+7)/6 = 27.267 victories every hour - which is about a victory for every 2.2 minutes.

Yes ... you're correct ... so there is still some hope :-) although that is still a torrid pace.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    The 7th match is 25 points. Matches 1-6 total 60 points. Moot point.
  • Options
    Yes ... you're correct ... so there is still some hope :-)

Just don't fall asleep for the next 3 days <grin>.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Just don't fall asleep for the next 3 days <grin>.

I am going to give it my best shot. The relaxed pace is a welcomed change and I should be able to make it through the first day (with no sleep) easily. Come Saturday AM, we'll see how I'm holding up ** SMILES **

SCORPION
  • Options
    I am going to give it my best shot. The relaxed pace is a welcomed change and I should be able to make it through the first day (with no sleep) easily. Come Saturday AM, we'll see how I'm holding up ** SMILES **

SCORPION

So ends the great experiment in stamina ... *** SMILES ***

1 minute left in Global PvP and I'm still alive ...

Rank # 219... 5,107 APs ... 20 Weapons Parts

SCORPION

Rest In Pieces ;=) ... ;-) ... ;-)
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    While playing the game, especially in the iOS platform, don't be too comfortable and be so sure of anything.

During the previous Global Event (5/07 thru 5/10/2015), I was ranked 55 with less than an hour and 30 minutes to go. I thought I was safe enough to end up better than 90 even if I don't play anymore PvP matches. It would be a change of pace during the league tournaments - so I thought. So I decided to run an errand. I figured I had just enough time to get back by midnight. I did not bring my iPad with me. Boy, was I wrong big time!! I did come back few minutes after midnight, just to find out that I ended up with 20 parts instead of the 35 parts I was hoping for. I don't know what was the score for rank 90. I don't know whether or not using more gold would have helped me. But one thing was for sure. Being comfortable and so sure of myself did not....
  • Options
    Playing on the iOS events sounds like sadomasochism! Just plain brutal (and expensive)!
  • Options
    CaptainmidniteCaptainmidnite Registered Users 42 Posts
    It is! Far more people playing iOS version of the game
  • Options
    Noobie wrote: »
    While playing the game, especially in the iOS platform, don't be too comfortable and be so sure of anything.

During the previous Global Event (5/07 thru 5/10/2015), I was ranked 55 with less than an hour and 30 minutes to go. I thought I was safe enough to end up better than 90 even if I don't play anymore PvP matches. It would be a change of pace during the league tournaments - so I thought. So I decided to run an errand. I figured I had just enough time to get back by midnight. I did not bring my iPad with me. Boy, was I wrong big time!! I did come back few minutes after midnight, just to find out that I ended up with 20 parts instead of the 35 parts I was hoping for. I don't know what was the score for rank 90. I don't know whether or not using more gold would have helped me. But one thing was for sure. Being comfortable and so sure of myself did not....

Funny you should say that ... the rank I posted was the final actual numbers, but I didn't mention that as I was posting I had to go back to the game for a last second win to secure that. I saw my position evaporate 28 ranks in like 60 seconds (it went from 210 to 238) I was worried about being bumped above 250. When I mean last second win ... the PVP actually ended as I collected the diamonds ...

*** SMILES ***

Good Hunting !!!

SCORPION
  • Options
    I noticed that Google Android is now running CKS 3.0 (Great Work) but the Global PvP is now underway so I guess this means Sliver League Day #3 is NOT to be?

Better stock up on MedKits boys, without that 10.5 heavy the Short Range PVP matches are brutal ... with 9.5 Tesla at least I have a fighting chance in Long Range matchups, but that 9.5 heavy is definitely "out gunned".

We really NEED that third day Silver League Event. I'm afraid spending GOLD is out of the question until I get a better weapon ... Jeez

What a shame to waste 45 weapons parts :-(

SCORPION
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I noticed that Google Android is now running CKS 3.0 (Great Work) but the Global PvP is now underway so I guess this means Sliver League Day #3 is NOT to be?

Better stock up on MedKits boys, without that 10.5 heavy the Short Range PVP matches are brutal ... with 9.5 Tesla at least I have a fighting chance in Long Range matchups, but that 9.5 heavy is definitely "out gunned".

We really NEED that third day Silver League Event. I'm afraid spending GOLD is out of the question until I get a better weapon ... Jeez

What a shame to waste 45 weapons parts :-(

SCORPION

I have a Bastet maxxed out at 157180 power, a 10.5 Heavy weapon and I am losing almost every short range contest, even using massive amounts of consumable, Medpacks, handgrenades and knives. No fun at all!
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I have a Bastet maxxed out at 157180 power, a 10.5 Heavy weapon and I am losing almost every short range contest, even using massive amounts of consumable, Medpacks, handgrenades and knives. No fun at all!

Now that sucks :-( ... Some CKS 3.0 functions appear to be somewhat "unbalanced", I agree. Let's see if Glu can address these. From what I've experienced, the "Jugernauts" and "Sentries" are really "pumped up". Take these out first no matter how long it takes because you do not want these guys taking shots at you freely.

Then you can mop up the mercs and snipers.

I've also noticed that I have 11 wins in a row, but only getting 7 APs. Is this a new policy or a bug?

UPDATE: 12 wins got me 10 APs ???
    UPDATE: It took 17 wins (maybe 16) to finally get 25 APs ...

SCORPION
  • Options
    Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts
    Tell me about it.For now I'm skipping the short range contests as I am way under gunned with my 9.5 heavy.
    Looks like with this update the people that paid money to upgrade to base 10 got screwed over big time.
    You got people in base 7,8 and 9 with the same guns I have and they have it made.
    Oh well I will chalk it up to a learning experience and not upgrade to any more bases once I get caught up on more powerful guns.
  • Options
    Merc316 wrote: »
    Tell me about it.For now I'm skipping the short range contests as I am way under gunned with my 9.5 heavy.
    Looks like with this update the people that paid money to upgrade to base 10 got screwed over big time.
    You got people in base 7,8 and 9 with the same guns I have and they have it made.
    Oh well I will chalk it up to a learning experience and not upgrade to any more bases once I get caught up on more powerful guns.

Yep ... it looks like that Tier 10 Base Upgrade has got us all screwed especially with no chance of getting a stronger heavy. Maybe the goal WAS to slow us down a bit and get the newer players into the mix?
  • Options

Thanks for the heads up. I guess this game has tilted from favoring offense to defense now! This totaly screwed yesterday's idea to upgrade the Bastet instead of jumping to Base 10 and paying 38 gold for level 1 upgrades like Pythondjango mentioned. Feel like such a fool now - totally turned my playing strategy into stupidity.

CKS will make loosers of us all!
  • Options
    CaptainmidniteCaptainmidnite Registered Users 42 Posts
    Yeah the short ranged are much more difficult. I'm pretty much keeping to long range. I've also noticed I can NOT get someone below 50k base defense using the random battle finder. Yet everyone who attacks me has a base defense level of 10k or lower. I know this because I usually revenge people.
  • Options
    Well all I can say about the new format is no more "speed chess" via 1,000 bars of GOLD in Global PvP. Now it's all about grinding out a living and keeping a win streak alive. The matches are more of a challenge now, no more "free lunches". No more standing there like an 800 lb. gorilla blasting away at anything that moves *** SMILES ***

It's all about taking cover, choosing targets carefully, and ducking back down ... not to mention plenty of MedKits :-)

This is what SNIPERS do right?

Surprisingly at Rank #203 with 5 hours left in Day #1, is one of the best "non-GOLD induced" starts I've had. Time will tell ... There is a real problem with diamonds though, accumulating them to be used for upgrades is gonna be tough.

I suppose the All-Time Leaders Board Rankings are pretty much safe for awhile LMAO.

Has anyone found a trick to "fusing" drones? What a chore that has turned out to be ...

Kudos and Good Hunting !!!

I Aint 'Fraid of No Ghost ... LOL

SCORPION