Options

drone upgrades taking forever......

ddd33ddd33 Registered Users 35 Posts
I have a Samsung Galaxy and finally got to 8000 points to upgrade my drone only to find that it takes 5 to 15 minutes just to load all the drone parts and then several minutes to try and move down the screen to find the right parts to upgrade. It is soooo slow it is driving me crazy. Why do these parts not list like old drone parts did with the exception of ones you upgraded. Then it wouldnt take a week to load. And don't even get me started on the adds as one just popped up and I am looking at a blank screen while the drone parts reload again.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    ddd33 wrote: »
    I have a Samsung Galaxy and finally got to 8000 points to upgrade my drone only to find that it takes 5 to 15 minutes just to load all the drone parts and then several minutes to try and move down the screen to find the right parts to upgrade. It is soooo slow it is driving me crazy. Why do these parts not list like old drone parts did with the exception of ones you upgraded. Then it wouldnt take a week to load. And don't even get me started on the adds as one just popped up and I am looking at a blank screen while the drone parts reload again.

Agree, the drone parts takes forever to load. I wonder if they even tested that part before releasing...
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I am unable to update at all on either the Amazon Kindle or the ios iPad. Even the Campaigns take forever. Bummer!
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I can upgrade the drone body OK, but I think you're talking about upgrading a gun or ray (mounted component).

Yeah, that locks up my Kindle Fire HDX because it can't render all of the individual components I've won. Level 1 components should "stack" like the version 2 drones and drone parts do when upgrading the drone body.

Even the drone component "change" page is almost unusable because there are too many level one components of any type/power to render. Those should "stack" too.
  • Options
    duckmeatduckmeat Registered Users 79 Posts
    It works fine for me, but I can't afford it. The 1k drone takes 10's of thousands of diamonds to upgrade the attachments and to put it simply a player in my tier can't even produce or hold the amount of diamonds it takes to upgrade those.

With that said though a player who spends real money should have an advantage, but it shouldn't be impossible for another player who just spends less real money. This is the case at least where I am at.

This game drowns us in redundant attachments and gives the lower spending players absolutely no way to at least throw them away. There is nothing we can do with them otherwise.
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
  • Options
    ddd33ddd33 Registered Users 35 Posts
    I can upgrade the drone body OK, but I think you're talking about upgrading a gun or ray (mounted component).

Yeah, that locks up my Kindle Fire HDX because it can't render all of the individual components I've won. Level 1 components should "stack" like the version 2 drones drones and parts do when upgrading the drone body.

Even the drone component "change" page is almost unusable because there are too many level one components of any type/power to render. Those should "stack" too.

You are absolutely right, I can update the body (slow but manageable) but the 4 components are no longer upgradeable because I cannot get scrolled past the first two rows of parts which are all to high of power to use.
  • Options
    RMorr50912RMorr50912 Registered Users 79 Posts
    I'm having the same problem. I can upgrade the actual drone ok but when trying to put weapons etc on it just locks up my iPhone 5. I end up having to close out and open the game again. What a pain!
  • Options
    bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    RMorr50912 wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem. I can upgrade the actual drone ok but when trying to put weapons etc on it just locks up my iPhone 5. I end up having to close out and open the game again. What a pain!

Bumping the thread so Handles can comment on this programming f*** up. But I'm sure he/she won't bother to comment on this.
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Include me on the victims list. Took 10 minutes to show the parts, then device locks up.
  • Options
    RMorr50912RMorr50912 Registered Users 79 Posts
    Giving this another bump. This issue really needs to be addressed. All this stuff is useless until the organization is changed.
  • Options
    MesamarkMesamark Registered Users 3 Posts
    I'm still trying to figure out how guys are getting to drone power of 9 and 10000
    Which module upticks you?
    And I'm getting real tired of these bronze, gold events. They're a ripoff in that there is no way to buy the extra parts.
    Glu keeps throwing in another weapon instead of letting us finish getting one
  • Options
    arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    I am getting frustrated at how long it takes to upgrade ur drone...i have spent 10s of thousands of diamonds already and i am still not even at 900 drone power. This is bull!
  • Options
    R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
    ddd33 wrote: »

Well at least you are able to upgrade.. I try to do that on weapons and tha game freezes and I have to restart the game ... I only can upgrade the drone but no guns but it takes forever ..
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    The dev team is working on a fix for the slow loading time of Drone parts. In the mean time the best solution you can use for this is to use the parts to upgrade ASAP.

However I realize how this is not entirely feasible, especially to players who are wanting to work on base building mainly.
  • Options
    Guest245148285Guest245148285 Registered Users 10 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    The dev team is working on a fix for the slow loading time of Drone parts. In the mean time the best solution you can use for this is to use the parts to upgrade ASAP.

However I realize how this is not entirely feasible, especially to players who are wanting to work on base building mainly.

Also not feasible to use drone weapon parts ASAP until drone power itself is upgraded, which costs thousands and thousands of diamonds in and of itself. I've been upgrading my drone since the release and have only gotten it to 14.2K. There are hundreds and hundreds of drone weapons parts/upgrades that can't be used yet. I have absolutely no idea how some people have managed to achieve 369K drone power. Sounds totally implausible. Fusing drone weapons to drones has become an exercise in futility and is beyond frustrating
  • Options
    BowbenderBowbender Registered Users 13 Posts
    My thoughts too. 369k drone seems impossible in the time since release of ver 3.0..
  • Options
    Also not feasible to use drone weapon parts ASAP until drone power itself is upgraded, which costs thousands and thousands of diamonds in and of itself. I've been upgrading my drone since the release and have only gotten it to 14.2K. There are hundreds and hundreds of drone weapons parts/upgrades that can't be used yet. I have absolutely no idea how some people have managed to achieve 369K drone power. Sounds totally implausible. Fusing drone weapons to drones has become an exercise in futility and is beyond frustrating

Not impossible just expensive. Your CC can upgrade anything
  • Options
    Guest245148285Guest245148285 Registered Users 10 Posts
    duckmeat wrote: »
    Not impossible just expensive. Your CC can upgrade anything

Lol, trust me, I know about CC charges. I've wasted far too much on this game already!. It costs over 1000 gold per level (at 14.2K). That's not even 3 levels/$100 real cash. That, along with the fact that it takes over 15 minutes to fuse a new weapon to the drone at each level AND the fact that I saw 369K drones on the first day of play, still sounds pretty fishy to me. I guess that it is possible, however, for some rich kid/person somewhere in the world to spend thousands of dollars (and tons of time) on a video game just to be able to kick my butt in PVP matches.
  • Options
    Lol, trust me, I know about CC charges. I've wasted far too much on this game already!. It costs over 1000 gold per level (at 14.2K). That's not even 3 levels/$100 real cash. That, along with the fact that it takes over 15 minutes to fuse a new weapon to the drone at each level AND the fact that I saw 369K drones on the first day of play, still sounds pretty fishy to me. I guess that it is possible, however, for some rich kid/person somewhere in the world to spend thousands of dollars (and tons of time) on a video game just to be able to kick my butt in PVP matches.

I have no doubt that this game is full of cheaters and GLU bots for boosting gold spending. I have no way to prove it, but I am convinced in my own mind that GLU uses bots. There is no other way to explain the massive scores players have in events that have only been running for 2 minutes.

My drone is not that high yet, so its possible I spoke without knowing what I was saying.
  • Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    duckmeat wrote: »
    I have no doubt that this game is full of cheaters and GLU bots for boosting gold spending. I have no way to prove it, but I am convinced in my own mind that GLU uses bots. There is no other way to explain the massive scores players have in events that have only been running for 2 minutes.

My drone is not that high yet, so its possible I spoke without knowing what I was saying.

They already announced that they have npcs for us to fight.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?131685-Matchmaking-System-and-Bots
  • Options
    They already announced that they have npcs for us to fight.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?131685-Matchmaking-System-and-Bots

Yeah I know that. But I am saying they have NPC's for us to compete against as well, that are used to force us to spend gold in order to win events or place higher.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    NPC's being ...? non paying customers?
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Eventually this thing comes full circle and every player you'll face will have MAX'd out drones (if they can build one) and defenses, then what? Nobody can win unless you've got a "cloaking device" and weapon rated at 12.0 LMAO

I'll be long gone before that happens. In fact, if they do not fix this drone power issue, not being able to build drones, drones killing graphics on our devices, diamond depletion, worthless currency, ever rising cost of upgrades, yaada yaada yaada by the next PvP, I may call it quits ... a game is supposed to be fun NOT work. 3.0 is busted.

I mean COME ON, how can these "players" have max'd out drones, when I cannot build a single one?

Yet they will look you straight in the eye (maybe not in the eye) and state I don't know what you're talking about ...

Then you ask why would someone cheat or hack their way to victory? Well folks we've got our answer to that one don't we ...
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Eventually this thing comes full circle and every player you'll face will have MAX'd out drones (if they can build one) and defenses, then what? Nobody can win unless you've got a "cloaking device" and weapon rated at 12.0 LMAO

I'll be long gone before that happens. In fact, if they do not fix this drone power issue, not being able to build drones, drones killing graphics on our devices, diamond depletion, worthless currency, ever rising cost of upgrades, yaada yaada yaada by the next PvP, I may call it quits ... a game is supposed to be fun NOT work. 3.0 is busted.

I mean COME ON, how can these "players" have max'd out drones, when I cannot build a single one?

Yet they will look you straight in the eye (maybe not in the eye) and state I don't know what you're talking about ...

Then you ask why would someone cheat or hack their way to victory? Well folks we've got our answer to that one don't we ...

Once every single player has a maxed out drone, then they will come up with a "MAXED OUT DRONE KILLER" weapon.

Muahahahahahaha......
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Eventually this thing comes full circle and every player you'll face will have MAX'd out drones (if they can build one) and defenses, then what? Nobody can win unless you've got a "cloaking device" and weapon rated at 12.0. I mean COME ON, how can these "players" have max'd out drones, when I cannot build a single one?

Crafting a drone is the easy part. When v3.0 was rolled out, every single player was given the necessary parts to craft a drone - the basic one that is.

Upgrading it - now that's the hard part. But according to Handles, this has been brought up to the Dev Team and a fix is being worked on.
  • Options
    Noobie wrote: »
    Crafting a drone is the easy part. When v3.0 was rolled out, every single player was given the necessary parts to craft a drone - the basic one that is.

Upgrading it - now that's the hard part. But according to Handles, this has been brought up to the Dev Team and a fix is being worked on.

Yeah I know, I was the one who finally convinced him there was actually a problem. In fact I warned him via PM that the problem was coming right after the upgrade and I started accumulating parts in the Global. I said, oh no, this isn't good, left him a PM, posted back and forth and he finally lamented after 3 days, we may have a problem .... Ya Think?

Good Grievances !!!
  • Options
    I just took out a max powered drone with a sniper rifle shot and took the kill shot (also sniper) by shooting that little bugger in the *** when he turned and tried to run away ... funny

Alright ... back to business ... 2 maybe 3 hours and I'm hitting the sack.

Good Hunting !!!

SCORPION
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I finally succeeded in getting my drone above 8000, so I was eligible to install the 7 star weapons. It took several minutes to load the weapons menu, which eventually opened to display the 64k weapons. To select a new 8000 power machine gun, I then pressed the left arrow key 96 times (I counted) very slowly to allow the display to scroll left through screen after screen until at long last I was able to get access to the first 8000 power weapon. This means that I own between 450 and 500 identical copies of the 51000 weapon as well as numerous identical 64000 power weapons, each displayed in its own little box. I then repeated this painful process for the other three weapons. The process took nearly 30 minutes. Of course, having equipped the 4 new weapons, I am still unable to upgrade them, since the program locks up and requires me to reboot when I try to upgrade. I took my new 8000 power, 7 star drone out for a spin and it doesn't seem much more impressive that its 3 star predesessor. I suppose there are those who will say that I shouldn't judge the eventual power of this drone. I am only only Level 69 of 120, with my power at 8.2 K, well below the max power of 369 K.

I will say it again: The drone project is a disaster!
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I finally succeed in getting my drone above 8000, so I was eligible to install the 7 star weapons. It took several minutes to load the weapons menu, which eventually opened to display the 64k weapons. To select a new 8000 power machine gun, I then pressed the left arrow key 96 times (I counted) very slowly to allow the display to scroll left through screen after screen until at long last I was able to get access to the first 8000 power weapon. This means that I own between 450 and 500 identical copies of the 51000 weapon as well as numerous identical 64000 power weapons, each displayed in its own little box. I then repeated this painful process for the other three weapons. The process took nearly 30 minutes. Of course, having equipped the 4 new weapons, I am still unable to upgrade them, since the program locks up and requires me to reboot when I try to upgrade. I took my new 8000 power, 7 star drone out for a spin and it doesn't seem much more impressive that its 3 star predesessor. I suppose there are those who will say that I shouldn't judge the eventual power of this drone. I am only only Level 69 of 120, with my power at 8.2 K, well below the max power of 369 K.

I will say it again: The drone project is a disaster!

Right On Target ... yet there are numerous "players" out there, facing us in battle, with 369k power drones and less than 100 victories, some with no victories at all.

You gotta love em.

SCORPION
  • Options
    ifti31545ifti31545 Registered Users 1 Posts
    U can choose starting ones to upgrade anything and the required item will b upgraded. Plz try it.
  • Options
    Noobie wrote: »
    Once every single player has a maxed out drone, then they will come up with a "MAXED OUT DRONE KILLER" weapon.

Muahahahahahaha......

Yeah I just saw one in today's VIP Event ... a 14.5 Monster !!! Of course, you'll need to raid Fort Knox to be able to afford it, but it has surfaced. Well you've got to keep those loyal paying customers happy ... talk about overkill ... WOW

It does give you some perspective though !!!

SCORPION