amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Game ... Set ... Match
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    duckmeatduckmeat Registered Users 79 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Game ... Set ... Match

lol.

Amazing how they can do stuff that is impossible for everyone else.

But such is life, there will always be somebody better.
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
  • Options
    Sharkfan64Sharkfan64 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Does anyone know where to find Q&A on Drones and Fusing? My questions:

1) if you have Power 8000 level and select/choose (+) pieces with less power (i.e. 125, 1000 6400), does it go towards upgrading Power 8000 item or apply to the respective lower Powered item?
    2) also in the those lines, what happens when your under Upgrade Machine Gun and select (+) Healing, it Fuses and takes diamonds. But did it apply to Machine Gun or Healing?

I play on an IPhone 5 with 16KB and it takes me 20 minutes to Fuse. So frustrating to just sit there and wait.

GLU: Please consider stacking and/or consolidate same Icons with a counter/amount feature. As this must be a memory hog issue and causing longer load times to Fuse....
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    Sharkfan64 wrote: »
    1) if you have Power 8000 level and select/choose (+) pieces with less power (i.e. 125, 1000 6400), does it go towards upgrading Power 8000 item or apply to the respective lower Powered item?

It seems like you are asking about upgrading a drone part. It doesn't matter which item you select - i.e. 125, 1000, etc. Each item has its equivalent XP. Lower powered drone parts has lower XP. On the other hand, higher powered drone parts has higher XP. You will need more pieces if you use the lower powered drone parts. On the other hand, you will need less pieces if you use the higher powered drone pieces. Keep in mind that you can only upgrade your drone parts as high as the power level of your support drone.

Sharkfan64 wrote: »
    2) also in the those lines, what happens when your under Upgrade Machine Gun and select (+) Healing, it Fuses and takes diamonds. But did it apply to Machine Gun or Healing? ?

It will apply to whatever part you are upgrading. As in your example - it would be the Machine Gun.
  • Options
    Sharkfan64Sharkfan64 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Noobie wrote: »
    It seems like you are asking about upgrading a drone part. It doesn't matter which item you select - i.e. 125, 1000, etc. Each item has its equivalent XP. Lower powered drone parts has lower XP. On the other hand, higher powered drone parts has higher XP. You will need more pieces if you use the lower powered drone parts. On the other hand, you will need less pieces if you use the higher powered drone pieces. Keep in mind that you can only upgrade your drone parts as high as the power level of your support drone.

It will apply to whatever part you are upgrading. As in your example - it would be the Machine Gun.

Thanks Noobie....Wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting diamonds for nothing. Seems like cost of each item is formulated/ratio by the Power/XP number. Example: Say Power=1000 cost 400 diamonds. Then Power 8000 would cost 7x's more or 2800 diamonds?
  • Options
    MRKYLEMRKYLE Registered Users 9 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I finally succeeded in getting my drone above 8000, so I was eligible to install the 7 star weapons. It took several minutes to load the weapons menu, which eventually opened to display the 64k weapons. To select a new 8000 power machine gun, I then pressed the left arrow key 96 times (I counted) very slowly to allow the display to scroll left through screen after screen until at long last I was able to get access to the first 8000 power weapon. This means that I own between 450 and 500 identical copies of the 51000 weapon as well as numerous identical 64000 power weapons, each displayed in its own little box. I then repeated this painful process for the other three weapons. The process took nearly 30 minutes. Of course, having equipped the 4 new weapons, I am still unable to upgrade them, since the program locks up and requires me to reboot when I try to upgrade. I took my new 8000 power, 7 star drone out for a spin and it doesn't seem much more impressive that its 3 star predesessor. I suppose there are those who will say that I shouldn't judge the eventual power of this drone. I am only only Level 69 of 120, with my power at 8.2 K, well below the max power of 369 K.

I will say it again: The drone project is a disaster!

Absolutely agree. I am slowly... EVER SO SLOWLY, upgrading my drones power. Finally got over 8,000 and thought maybe now I can finally start to give it some teeth, but the system locks up as soon as I try to go into the weapons upgrades. Total suckage to this point.
  • Options
    TybirdtybirdTybirdtybird Registered Users 2 Posts
    I guess you are still working on it . Yes I do have good wifi on my iPad Air 2. I'm still maybe 10 feet away from it . It's your server not us.
  • Options
    STBDudeSTBDude Registered Users 5 Posts
    I guess you are still working on it . Yes I do have good wifi on my iPad Air 2. I'm still maybe 10 feet away from it . It's your server not us.

Good to hear that even an iPad 2 Air suffers from this because I was worried they'd just say my iPhone 5S is too old.

Shows you how sloppy coding can lead to a memory usage problem that quickly renders a feature useless.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    RMorr50912 wrote: »
    Giving this another bump. This issue really needs to be addressed. All this stuff is useless until the organization is changed.

Keep bumping, this needs a fix!
  • Options
    KikopitKikopit Registered Users 12 Posts
    Still takes forever, freezes, and restart.
    When will this F'd up error going to get fixed?
  • Options
    stupidstupid Registered Users 4 Posts
    *BUMP*
    Me to...PLEASE fix this!
  • Options
    bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    Just a bump so it won't fall into the big black hole called "being sent to dev team." ;-)
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    bump, ba dump bump...
  • Options
    ddd33ddd33 Registered Users 35 Posts
    It has gotten much worse. I have slogged through getting machine gun to 10.1 healing to 11.8 shield to 8 and rocket to 10.9. At first it took about 20 minutes for parts to finally load and then as long as I only loaded the 6 parts that showed up on the screen (locks up if I try and scroll parts) it took about 5 minutes for it to go back to the screen to fuse. Now it takes 45 - 60 minutes or more (gave up at 60min) for parts, about 15 - 20 min for fuse screen to come back. This of co**** if adds don't pop-up if they do I have to restart. Also if that isn't enough, while I am trying to upgrade and supposedly still connected to the game, I will have my vault raided. Any idea in past few days about timing of fix??
  • Options
    ddd33 wrote: »
    It has gotten much worse. I have slogged through getting machine gun to 10.1 healing to 11.8 shield to 8 and rocket to 10.9. At first it took about 20 minutes for parts to finally load and then as long as I only loaded the 6 parts that showed up on the screen (locks up if I try and scroll parts) it took about 5 minutes for it to go back to the screen to fuse. Now it takes 45 - 60 minutes or more (gave up at 60min) for parts, about 15 - 20 min for fuse screen to come back. This of co**** if adds don't pop-up if they do I have to restart. Also if that isn't enough, while I am trying to upgrade and supposedly still connected to the game, I will have my vault raided. Any idea in past few days about timing of fix??

When were you able (at what level) to add shield and rocket? I am at 9K and those features are still locked; something about "Cannot Exceed Drone Strength ... Upgrade Your Support Drone" ... something to that effect.
  • Options
    When were you able (at what level) to add shield and rocket? I am at 9K and those features are still locked; something about "Cannot Exceed Drone Strength ... Upgrade Your Support Drone" ... something to that effect.

If I have the drone upgrade thing understood: as long as the "part" was for the right upgrade and was of equal or lower value than the main drone I was able to add it with the "change" button. Once it was attached I have upgraded as long as the upgrade did not make any one part higher level than the main drone. ie. my drone is currently 13.1K mach guns 10.1 healing 11.8 shield 8.0 and rocket 10.9. I tried to max the rocket out to 26.9k it says it will go but learned it cannot exceed main drone level. Does that answer or help with your question. I had no problems other than slowness with upgrading.
  • Options
    If I have the drone upgrade thing understood: as long as the "part" was for the right upgrade and was of equal or lower value than the main drone I was able to add it with the "change" button. Once it was attached I have upgraded as long as the upgrade did not make any one part higher level than the main drone. ie. my drone is currently 13.1K mach guns 10.1 healing 11.8 shield 8.0 and rocket 10.9. I tried to max the rocket out to 26.9k it says it will go but learned it cannot exceed main drone level. Does that answer or help with your question. I had no problems other than slowness with upgrading.

OK THX ... I think I understand the problem. All of the parts, that I can see that is, are 64k. from what you're describing, there must be a rocket part (for example) in there somewhere that is cheaper? This feature sucks ... how long has it been 3-4 weeks now?
  • Options
    OK THX ... I think I understand the problem. All of the parts, that I can see that is, are 64k. from what you're describing, there must be a rocket part (for example) in there somewhere that is cheaper? This feature sucks ... how long has it been 3-4 weeks now?

Yeah thats why I waited until I got to 8K to upgrade the 4 parts as there are 8K parts for all four things, then I believe 54k, etc.
  • Options
    Yeah thats why I waited until I got to 8K to upgrade the 4 parts as there are 8K parts for all four things, then I believe 54k, etc.

Cool ... thx again !!!
  • Options
    OMG it finally loaded ... right in the middle of the 64K parts, as usual. Now I am scrolling LEFT forever ... you would think it would load and take you to the beginning. PLEASE tell me these parts are in ascending order by POWER rating ......

I would sit here and play with this, but there must be thousands of these. The problem is PvP is 24/7 ... I don't know how you guys do it ... SMILES.

I know what's taking so long for them to fix a seemingly simple problem. All of this data is stored in a database, my guess MySQL, but that's not the point. How do you convert the tables in the database WITHOUT interrupting PvP? ANSWER: you can't, so whenever they figure it out, we'll probably loose a League Event Day, hopefully a shortened one instead. JEEZ what a cluster ****.
  • Options
    You have probably already figured out they are in no particular order and if you are having the same problems I am scrolling to knew ones is not an option. Thats why I now just use whatever first six show up on my screen.
  • Options
    bump...

It's really bad that the "sending to the dev team" isn't working on this bug either... But it's not working for almost anything.... so...
    This was actually one of the BIG new features in 3.0 and it was released a month ago. So the only thing we can understand by that is that the drone upgrade feature is not anything that GLU thinks is worth fixing.

And GLU don't communicate anything...
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    bys wrote: »
    bump...

It's really bad that the "sending to the dev team" isn't working on this bug either... But it's not working for almost anything.... so...
    This was actually one of the BIG new features in 3.0 and it was released a month ago. So the only thing we can understand by that is that the drone upgrade feature is not anything that GLU thinks is worth fixing.

And GLU don't communicate anything...

I have mentioned in other posts that the dev team is aware of the issue and is working on it but there is no ETA on the fix. When there is I will update the forum about it.
  • Options
    Handles wrote: »
    I have mentioned in other posts that the dev team is aware of the issue and is working on it but there is no ETA on the fix. When there is I will update the forum about it.

Thanks for your reply Handles. Don't you think that it is quite bad that one of the big things with v3.0 isn't tested enough before it is released? And when released and it is not working it is not fixed within a week? Even more not fixed within a month? And after a month there isn't even an ETA for a fix?

And in a post you say that there are real players that have managed to get a fully upgraded drone? That must be very close to impossible.
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!