Options

Big PvP problem!

13Next

Comments

• Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    In this case, being a Tier 3 base with Tier 3 weapons, it would be suicide to go for the Medusa. I'd never get a matchup I could win again. Now, yeah, there's many a Tier 4 and a few Tier 5 base matchups, but I can usually find something close to me in 3 spins to take down.

I would strongly advise anyone that's not at least a full Tier 8 base to go for an 11.5x weapon, or your diamond production from PVP will be jeopardized!
    You need to have Player Health at a range that can absorb an unseen opponent, or suffer a quick death.

That being said, It would have been nice to have the choice. But then my explanation may be the reason Glu did not allow me in a weapon prize Bronze league.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Actually could be an advantage to being a TIER 2 or 3 ... you would never face a max'd out TIER 11 for starters. These players are doing just fine in PvP with no secondary weapons at all !!! Kudos for them.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Actually could be an advantage to being a TIER 2 or 3 ... you would never face a max'd out TIER 11 for starters. These players are doing just fine in PvP with no secondary weapons at all !!! Kudos for them.

I don't care if it's counterproductive, I want bigger guns! Speaking of big guns, I think you will like the Medusa, Scorpion? (In my earlier post, I forgot you were still crafting.) I was diappointed in it, but now, upgraded through mid-Level 3 it is coming into its own. 92 K Shorts are now a 1 Medkit affair. Fully upgraded, I bet it can take the Level 11 defenses.
  • Options
    BracedogBracedog Registered Users 4 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    All who are having this issue please provide me with your:

In-game name:
    iOS/Android:
    Device:

Maninthamirror
    IOS
    IPad 3
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I don't care if it's counterproductive, I want bigger guns! Speaking of big guns, how are you liking the Medusa, Scorpion? I was diappointed in it, but now, upgraded through mid-Level 3 it is coming into its own. 92 K Shorts are now a 1 Medkit affair. Fully upgraded, I bet it can take the Level 11 defenses.

Yep it's too late for us ... we're already trapped in the arms race (a leftover from 2.0) ... besides we've already seen everything there is to see, gotta keep moving forward. The MEDUSA should be ready for prime time late tomorrow (it's not even a 10.5 out of the box, which is the topic of yet another thread one day) ... Once equipped, I'm sure it will be fine ... for now LOL
  • Options
    Yep it's too late for us ... we're already trapped in the arms race (a leftover from 2.0) ... besides we've already seen everything there is to see, gotta keep moving forward. The MEDUSA should be ready for prime time late tomorrow (it's not even a 10.5 out of the box, which is the topic of yet another thread one day) ... Once equipped, I'm sure it will be fine ... for now LOL

Scorpion with a new heavy! ALL RIGHT! A month in the making, anticipated like the second coming! You may never need to buy another Medkit.
  • Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    Scorpion with a new heavy! ALL RIGHT! A month in the making, anticipated like the second coming! You may never need to buy another Medkit.

He has at most, three weeks with it.
  • Options
    He has at most, three weeks with it.

The half life of these weapons has gotten astonishingly short.
  • Options
    The half life of these weapons has gotten astonishingly short.

Power creep has ruined this game. It should be at least two months before moving onto a newer tier!
  • Options
    Power creep has ruined this game. It should be at least two months before moving onto a newer tier!

I agree. I dreaded the arrival of Tier 11, since I still haven't gotten through level 10. This is particularly true since they have so many unsolved issues from the release of version 3. You've seen the new campaign, it is just a tired rehash of earlier campaigns. The only new thing as now the video seizes up, even in the campaigns. The programmers should be fixing the game, not added new levels of endless expense. I don't know a single gamer who was enthused about Level 11.

The only recent addition that I am enthused about is the creation of Clans. But what is the use of Clans if you haven't created a game this is a joy to play?
  • Options
    RMorr50912RMorr50912 Registered Users 79 Posts
    Well I have to say today I've been in the same group the whole time. Don't know what happened yesterday but it was nuts. Yesterday's shenanigans still might cost me the parts I need to complete a weapon but I've had no trouble today other than really losing interest because of the bugs. A game shouldn't feel like a chore.

BTW Handles why am I not allowed to post attachments? I've checked all my settings and I'm not allowed on iPhone or PC. In my settings it says I am. It's a big pain in the a$$ to have to put up pics and post links when I could simply upload an attachment .
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    I don't care if it's counterproductive, I want bigger guns! Speaking of big guns, I think you will like the Medusa, Scorpion? (In my earlier post, I forgot you were still crafting.) I was diappointed in it, but now, upgraded through mid-Level 3 it is coming into its own. 92 K Shorts are now a 1 Medkit affair. Fully upgraded, I bet it can take the Level 11 defenses.

Bradr752, just wondering how much (diamonds/gold) to upgrade Medusa. Does it take as much as Bastet? Or is it more? Thanks....
  • Options
    AGREED ... my 9.5 MERCURY was useful for over a month, the 10.5 SETH was good for 1-2 weeks (got it late, but probably 1 month as well) and the 11.5 MEDUSA will be good until the next event featuring a HEAVY. The ONLY weapon that gets us any mileage is the TESLA, usually good for 2 months or more.

Let us not overlook that there is only ONE single weapon that really means anything at all and it's the HEAVY; GLU knows this obviously.

The life of a weapon can easily be extended by not releasing a new TIER every month but this is the GLU FACTORY and the treadmill continues to spin. After all Glu has decided there will be no more horse races and wants to slow us down. Engineered (programmed) obsolescence on steroids.

What worries me is that their plan to slow us down has failed as players continue to register high scores; this may lead to even more drastic measures on their part ... SMH

GLU ... just fix the bugs ... we'll adapt, we always do !!!
  • Options
    Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts
    AGREED ... my 9.5 MERCURY was useful for over a month, the 10.5 SETH was good for 1-2 weeks (got it late, but probably 1 month as well) and the 11.5 MEDUSA will be good until the next event featuring a HEAVY. The ONLY weapon that gets us any mileage is the TESLA, usually good for 2 months or more.

Let us not overlook that there is only ONE single weapon that really means anything at all and it's the HEAVY; GLU knows this obviously.

The life of a weapon can easily be extended by not releasing a new TIER every month but this is the GLU FACTORY and the treadmill continues to spin. After all Glu has decided there will be no more horse races and wants to slow us down. Engineered (programmed) obsolescence on steroids.

What worries me is that their plan to slow us down has failed as players continue to register high scores; this may lead to even more drastic measures on their part ... SMH

GLU ... just fix the bugs ... we'll adapt, we always do !!!

One other thing that can help slow us down is the simple fact next month we don't get back on that rinse and repeat merry go round.
    Just take our 11.5 weapons and our 11 base (when we get there) and say hey enough is enough.
    The players that are in tier 5-6-7 have taught me that well this week.They have played without having to face all the maxed out drones,bases etc.that we have to contend with.
    Myself after the upcoming Tesla war in a couple of weeks it's time for me to slow down and smell the coffee.
    Soon enough the maxed out stuff will pass me by and then it's like Ahhhhh now this is fun.

Go enjoy your new heavy as I will win mine today,I need 5 more parts and I have a 1000 gold,So yeah that bad boy is all mine.
  • Options
    Merc316 wrote: »
    One other thing that can help slow us down is the simple fact next month we don't get back on that rinse and repeat merry go round.
    Just take our 11.5 weapons and our 11 base (when we get there) and say hey enough is enough.
    The players that are in tier 5-6-7 have taught me that well this week.They have played without having to face all the maxed out drones,bases etc.that we have to contend with.
    Myself after the upcoming Tesla war in a couple of weeks it's time for me to slow down and smell the coffee.
    Soon enough the maxed out stuff will pass me by and then it's like Ahhhhh now this is fun.

Go enjoy your new heavy as I will win mine today,I need 5 more parts and I have a 1000 gold,So yeah that bad boy is all mine.

Hear ... Hear ... I'm with you brother. I stopped upgrading BASE TIERS at 10 and it's only 75% upgraded and I'm am NOT going to TIER 11 until they "fix" and "force" me to in order to continue on up to 12 ... not gonna happen any time soon.

Good Luck with that HEAVY ... take a break from the madness and get it ready for the TESLA Global.
  • Options
    ImreefImreef Registered Users 69 Posts
    Someone said in another post that if you play on the weekend global tournament and qualify for the bronze league
    100 points then you compete for gun parts.
    If you don't play on the weekend and the just add you to the bronze league then you only get to compete for drone parts.
    At least that's the way it's supposed to work.

That is wrong. I got 1500 AP last weekend and I'm competing for drone XP modules instead of weapons. It's been like that every time I'm in a bronze league. This guy (RMorr50912) on the other hand posted pics of how he's been competing for gun parts in multiple bronze leagues (thanks Ronnie for doing that btw). My initial understanding of how the bronze leagues worked was what Brad said: bronze compete for drone parts, silver for gun parts and that's how its been for me. That's why I was so surprised a couple weeks ago to learn people were able to complete weapons eventho they were in the bronze league. I haven't been able to figure out how GLU decides who goes to which version. Like most, I'm also on IOS with a high tier base at level 100. I don't get it??
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Imreef wrote: »
    That is wrong. I got 1500 AP last weekend and I'm competing for drone XP modules instead of weapons. It's been like that every time I'm in a bronze league. This guy (RMorr50912) on the other hand posted pics of how he's been competing for gun parts in multiple bronze leagues (thanks Ronnie for doing that btw). My initial understanding of how the bronze leagues worked was what Brad said: bronze compete for drone parts, silver for gun parts and that's how its been for me. That's why I was so surprised a couple weeks ago to learn people were able to complete weapons eventho they were in the bronze league. I haven't been able to figure out how GLU decides who goes to which version. Like most, I'm also on IOS with a high tier base at level 100. I don't get it??

Handles!!! Can you please clarify at what point does the Bronze League shift from winning Drone parts (completely useless) to Weapon Parts??? I have 20 Medusa parts that are worthess from the Global match.

Would you like to buy them back? I'll give you a great deal!
  • Options
    unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    Yagershots wrote: »
    So I was affected by this glitch too. I couldn't sleep last night so I logged in (iOS iPhone 6plus) around 2:30am est. played a few pvps. Was in a commanding lead 90vps total about 34 over next player, so I logged out. Logged back in around 2:58am est and I was back to 0 in 27th place (sorry, no screen shot) in different group. I figured there was a GLU glitch and went to bed. I thought it was so close to league closing that maybe the servers needed to update. Woke up this morning and didn't have any parts for winnings. Was so pi**ed that I have not played a game till this afternoon. So I logged in and was in a new league (expected) with 0 vps I took screenshots to document the players in the league pics 1,2,3&4. Played one game and my score jumped to 92vps in same league. Took 1st place. ***! Feel bad for the person who was in 1st. Let's see if it stays this way. Wow!!!

b8k8m.png

33bzfk4.png

24g62qp.png

vwzcqc.png

New day, one game 92vps
    352rbcl.png]

That was me in 1st place in a completely different league.

JamieK84
    Ios
    IPhone 5s

Ended up coming 2nd and have no chance of getting the last weapon parts I need to complete today

-unhappy!
  • Options
    Imreef wrote: »

All I know is a few weeks ago due to weekend commitments I fell to the bronze league but I was able to complete the 10.5 Narwal Tesla from that league.
    The difference was that first place paid 20 parts while 2-3 place only paid 10 parts.
    11 thru 20 paid drone parts.
    You had to win 2 times and come in 2 or 3 once to get it and some of those boys sure don't care to spend.
    I'd rather be in silver any day of the week because it's way more forgiving.
  • Options
    unhappy wrote: »
    That was me in 1st place in a completely different league.

JamieK84
    Ios
    IPhone 5s

Ended up coming 2nd and have no chance of getting the last weapon parts I need to complete today

-unhappy!

The bronze league offers drone exp modules. Not parts, how are you getting weapon parts in the bronze league?
  • Options
    I don't know? Usually I'm in silver league and win the weapon easily. I was away this weekend and just missed silver by about 130 points. I got 5 weapon parts for finishing 1200th or so.

I won the league on Monday + 20pts
    Got screwed around on Tuesday came 2nd + 10pts
    Meaning I need to win the league today. 1st place currently has over 116 league points, I'm 2nd on 70. So looks like +10 pts
    Giving me a grand total of 45pts!

Thanks a lot once again GLU!
  • Options
    I don't know? Usually I'm in silver league and win the weapon easily. I was away this weekend and just missed silver by about 130 points. I got 5 weapon parts for finishing 1200th or so.

Meaning I need to win the league today. 1st place currently has over 116 league points, I'm 2nd on 70. So looks like +10 pts

Please double check this ... I believe 2-3 place will get you 16 parts which would give you what you need. But you're in the BRONZE League, so I cannot be sure of this.

Breakdown in SILVER LEAGUE:

1st - 20 PARTS
    2nd-3rd - 16 PARTS
    4th-6th - 12 PARTS
    7th-10th - 10 PARTS
    11th-20th - 5 PARTS
  • Options
    Please double check this ... I believe 2-3 place will get you 16 parts which would give you what you need. But you're in the BRONZE League, so I cannot be sure of this.

1st - 20 PARTS
    2nd-3rd - 16 PARTS
    4th-6th - 12 PARTS
    7th-10th - 10 PARTS
    11th-20th - 5 PARTS

Bronze league
    1st- 20 Parts
    2-3rd- 10 Parts
    The rest get drone parts down to around placement 10 or 12.
    Bronze league is very unforgiving.
    That's why I try for silver league if at all possible.
  • Options
    Bronze league
    1st- 20 Parts
    2-3rd- 10 Parts
    The rest get drone parts down to around placement 10 or 12.
    Bronze league is very unforgiving.
    That's why I try for silver league if at all possible.

What is your operating system? I'm in bronze and the most we can get are exp modules.
  • Options
    I think Brad R posted it had to do something as to what level base you have.I just went to base 11.
    I don't know though because there was players in my group with base 6 on up.
    I'm on IOS on a iPad.
  • Options
    mcjpaydmcjpayd Registered Users 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amsoft2000 View Post

1st - 20 PARTS
    2nd-3rd - 16 PARTS
    4th-6th - 12 PARTS
    7th-10th - 10 PARTS
    11th-20th - 5 PARTS

Wow, has the silver league slightly changed it's prize tiers? when i finally made it to the silver once, probably about 3 months ago... i thought it was:
    1st-20
    2nd-3rd - 15
    4-6th -10
    the other spots were filled up with those older drones.

dang - i'd rather be in the silver league i think?!
  • Options
    mcjpayd wrote: »
    Wow, has the silver league slightly changed it's prize tiers? when i finally made it to the silver once, probably about 3 months ago... i thought it was:
    1st-20
    2nd-3rd - 15
    4-6th -10
    the other spots were filled up with those older drones.

dang - i'd rather be in the silver league i think?!

How long ago was that? It's been this way for at least several months now ....
  • Options
    R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts

Sorry bro, I still fighting to complete my medusa so far looks that I'm going to make it. But with the crazies things that are happening here all can change.. Need 10 parts I'm on 4th place and so far the others are not no crazy maybe they are on the same position of you... I should have crafted the gun yesterday but with the problem didn't happen.. I'm on silver league.
  • Options
    Any news on what will happen? I'm going to end up with 45 parts and it's cost me a heap of gold and time to get there..!