Options

Handles: Current league event parts awards mistake? Or not?

amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
The following was noted by several players in the SILVER LEAGUE across platforms.

The parts thing has got to be a mistake, I'm showing RANK #1 16 PARTS and RANK #2-3 16 PARTS ... it's all screwed up ... I'll leave HANDLES a thread ... SMH

Could you look into this and confirm if it is in fact an error ...

Thanks !!!
Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    So you can only get 48 parts if you come first 3 days in a row..!?
  • Options
    unhappy wrote: »

That would appear to be the case ... SMH
  • Options
    skywaveskywave Registered Users 59 Posts

it mean, 2 parts u must get from spin wheel, it mean cost gold again, lucky if only 1, 2 or 3 times spin wheel and u get what u want but if not ??? try try try again just for 2 or maybe more parts. some times u get another parts in 10 or 20 or 30 spin wheel ( more gold u need and more $$$ u give to GLU ). think again to become 1st place on this silver league. nice strategy GLU.
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Interesting. I'm going to report this right away.
  • Options
    Handles wrote: »

Thank you Sir !!!
  • Options
    skywaveskywave Registered Users 59 Posts

4 thumbs up for your quick response.
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Are both payouts the same weapon parts or for two different weapons. I'm being told that the number of parts is right but it's for two different weapons.
  • Options
    Are both payouts the same weapon parts or for two different weapons. I'm being told that the number of parts is right but it's for two different weapons.

RANK #1 is usually for 20 PARTS; RANK #2-3 is for 16 PARTS (until today). After taking a closer look, they do appear to be for different weapons (TESLA or HEAVY) but as far as I can remember that has never been the case; it has always been for the TOP 30 weapon from the Global OR you could opt to complete the weapon during league play 20+20+10.

When did this change occur?
  • Options
    LokisDottirLokisDottir Registered Users 2 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    RANK #1 is usually for 20 PARTS; RANK #2-3 is for 16 PARTS (until today). After taking a closer look, they do appear to be for different weapons (TESLA or HEAVY) but as far as I can remember that has never been the case; it has always been for the TOP 30 weapon from the Global OR you could opt to complete the weapon during league play 20+20+10.

When did this change occur?

Handles has bounced this to me! This change was put in a little over a month ago, you just may not have noticed if you weren't always in the Silver League. There were a few reasons behind this:

1) We had player feedback indicating that some players were intentionally holding back to get into the Bronze Bracket since the prizing was equal. Since we want to encourage everyone to play to the best of their ability, we changed up prizing for the 1st place for Silver and Bronze. Silver now gives you a chance at the Gold Bracket prize if you get 1st place.
    2) The total number of parts you could get for 1st was reduced from 20 to 16 - this is because the prize itself is of a higher value, and, again, we want to encourage people to try their best. If we rewarded Silver League and Gold League equally there would be no point in trying to be Gold. This places 1st in Silver on even footing with 2-3 in Gold.
    3) We're by no means done tweaking this. We want people to have fun and be rewarded appropriately for their skill. We will continue to monitor the performance of these events to make sure prizing remains fair and motivating.

Thanks for your feedback!
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    If you read the first thread about the Silver League problem, you would have seen that the first prize is for the Valhalla just like the Gold League offers. 2nd and up is for the Ruby, which should have been the 1st prize offering, but for 20 parts, not 16.

There is no way to win the Valhalla, and currently doesn't appear in the Mystery Box for gambling on.
  • Options
    Handles has bounced this to me! This change was put in a little over a month ago, you just may not have noticed if you weren't always in the Silver League. There were a few reasons behind this:

1) We had player feedback indicating that some players were intentionally holding back to get into the Bronze Bracket since the prizing was equal. Since we want to encourage everyone to play to the best of their ability, we changed up prizing for the 1st place for Silver and Bronze. Silver now gives you a chance at the Gold Bracket prize if you get 1st place.
    2) The total number of parts you could get for 1st was reduced from 20 to 16 - this is because the prize itself is of a higher value, and, again, we want to encourage people to try their best. If we rewarded Silver League and Gold League equally there would be no point in trying to be Gold. This places 1st in Silver on even footing with 2-3 in Gold.
    3) We're by no means done tweaking this. We want people to have fun and be rewarded appropriately for their skill. We will continue to monitor the performance of these events to make sure prizing remains fair and motivating.

Thanks for your feedback!

I am grateful for your reply in such a timely fashion ...

Whilst we can appreciate your intentions the problem persists ... how can we be expected to craft a weapon from parts that (1) were not offered in the Global (2) the parts total being awarded is inadequate at 16 PARTS to be able to craft a weapon during League Event play.

Unless I am totally missing something, this would seem to encourage players to NOT play to their fullest potential since crafting a weapon has become practically impossible via PvP battles alone.

Additionally, I have no reason to doubt what you stated about this change being implemented a month ago, however, if that were the case I am pretty certain I would have noticed before now since when I compete it's exclusively in the Silver League.

Please enlighten me ...
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    If you read the first thread about the Silver League problem, you would have seen that the first prize is for the Valhalla just like the Gold League offers. 2nd and up is for the Ruby, which should have been the 1st prize offering, but for 20 parts, not 16.

There is no way to win the Valhalla, and currently doesn't appear in the Mystery Box for gambling on.

We've got his attention, so I am sure we;ll get this resolved ... I hope.

I've linked to the other thread discussing this issue here.
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?168938-Silver-league-first-place
  • Options
    LokisDottirLokisDottir Registered Users 2 Posts
    I am grateful for your reply in such a timely fashion ...

Whilst we can appreciate your intentions the problem persists ... how can we be expected to craft a weapon from parts that (1) were not offered in the Global (2) the parts total being awarded is inadequate at 16 PARTS to be able to craft a weapon during League Event play.

Unless I am totally missing something, this would seem to encourage players to NOT play to their fullest potential since crafting a weapon has become practically impossible via PvP battles alone.

Additionally, I have no reason to doubt what you stated about this change being implemented a month ago, however, if that were the case I am pretty certain I would have noticed before now since when I compete it's exclusively in the Silver League.

Please enlighten me ...

Yup, there is a pretty simple fix for this issue - though it won't go in this week as there's just not enough time. As for how to complete it, we're looking into numerous ways to make it easier to complete weapons, and to recycle old parts that are unneeded. Handles will keep you guys updated when those plans are finalized and launched
  • Options

Correct, I really don't want to finish in first place :-/

Amsoft - you have a pm.. Looking forward to your comments :)
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Yup, there is a pretty simple fix for this issue - though it won't go in this week as there's just not enough time. As for how to complete it, we're looking into numerous ways to make it easier to complete weapons, and to recycle old parts that are unneeded. Handles will keep you guys updated when those plans are finalized and launched

So, as I expected, I'm in a race to avoid 1st place, so I can craft the parts I won from the Global. I'm sure the guy that wins 1st place will be scratching his head tomorrow, and doing the math find out that he will be 2 points short if he could win 1st two more days in a row.

Logic has completely gone over my head?
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I have to tell you, I don't understand this at all. It makes no sense. Hopefully, Glu won't attempt a similar "fix" for Gold League.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I have to tell you, I don't understand this at all. It makes no sense. Hopefully, Glu won't attempt a similar "fix" for Gold League.

Dev team are already putting drone parts together for gold league..!
  • Options

Thank You for addressing this issue .. I look forward to hearing from HANDLES about the solution, as well as the possibility of recycling old parts.

Thanks Again !!!
  • Options

Had it NOT been for our new strategy, I might have been screwed out of a HEAVY for the 3RD time ... KUDOS for YOU !!!
  • Options
    Thank You for addressing this issue .. I look forward to hearing from HANDLES about the solution, as well as the possibility of recycling old parts.

Thanks Again
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Had it NOT been for our new strategy, I might have been screwed out of a HEAVY for the 3RD time ... KUDOS for YOU !!!

We are, as always, one step ahead of the Grim Reaper (Glu), congrats! BTW, I just reached 60,000 VP, still third on the All-Time Leaderboard, but they are gaining on me.
  • Options
    We are, as always, one step ahead of the Grim Reaper (Glu), congrats! BTW, I just reached 60,000 VP, still third on the All-Time Leaderboard, but they are gaining on me.

Congratulations on your lifetime achievement ... don't let them catch you man !!! *** SMILES ***
  • Options
    I've only got 32 parts for this weapon, which means if i get the 16 parts needed I will only have 48 parts and i am not tosѕіng about with the unbalanced wheel of misfortune to get fuᴄked over..!

So I'm going to have a day off, then i also don't want the weapon that is being offered next week either, so i'll take the week off. I'm also getting fed up with being attacked and losing to 16k-64k bases with maximum weapons of upto 250k against my 300+k base.. I know they are cheating, glu don't give a ѕhіt as usual, so why waste anymore time or money on a game which is only going to be dropped on its аrѕе in a matter of time!!

good luck..
  • Options
    I've only got 32 parts for this weapon, which means if i get the 16 parts needed I will only have 48 parts and i am not tosѕіng about with the unbalanced wheel of misfortune to get fuᴄked over..!

So I'm going to have a day off, then i also don't want the weapon that is being offered next week either, so i'll take the week off. I'm also getting fed up with being attacked and losing to 16k-64k bases with maximum weapons of upto 250k against my 300+k base.. I know they are cheating, glu don't give a ѕhіt as usual, so why waste anymore time or money on a game which is only going to be dropped on its аrѕе in a matter of time!!

good luck..

Now you really sound UNHAPPY. There are cheats out there, we all know this, but don't allow them to influence your decisions. If you're done with the game, fine ... I can't fault you for that. Of course this game, like many others will one day be retired but maybe not as soon as one might think. I like you UNHAPPY and would be unhappy if you left.
  • Options
    StageofHistoryStageofHistory Registered Users 18 Posts
    **** it!!! Silver League, and I need 2nd/3rd place to Craft the Ruby (after I foolishly won the League on Monday). I overtook the guy in 1st place earlier, even though I knew what would happen... So now I'm on 70 points, and the other top 3 or 4 players behind me are just standing still. I can only hope the guys lower down keep pushing on for that 50 Gold and force someone past me.

How can a game be set up to prevent people wanting to win 1st Place?
  • Options
    **** it!!! Silver League, and I need 2nd/3rd place to Craft the Ruby (after I foolishly won the League on Monday). I overtook the guy in 1st place earlier, even though I knew what would happen... So now I'm on 70 points, and the other top 3 or 4 players behind me are just standing still. I can only hope the guys lower down keep pushing on for that 50 Gold and force someone past me.

How can a game be set up to prevent people wanting to win 1st Place?

According to GLU this change was implemented to encourage you to play harder, if you can believe that. Anyways a fix is reportedly coming, but not until the next Global / League Event (starting tomorrow). GLU doesn't have a great track record with such things, but the developer claims that it is a simple fix ... so we'll see soon enough.

Hang in there ...
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    According to GLU this change was implemented to encourage you to play harder, if you can believe that. Anyways a fix is reportedly coming, but not until the next Global / League Event (starting tomorrow). GLU doesn't have a great track record with such things, but the developer claims that it is a simple fix ... so we'll see soon enough.

Hang in there ...

I certainly hope that there is a quick fix. A maddening side effect to this latest fiasco, is all of the players are now bunched up together.
    In last nights Silver league, I needed at least a 10th finish to stay on track for my 50 parts. With 10 minutes to go I was in 2nd place, then all hell broke lose.
    All of a sudden, there were 6 people tied for 2nd thru 7th with 162 points and 5 people tied for 8th thru 12th with 160 points. I ended up being one of the odd men out, and I finished in 11th place.
    Now all I need to do is finish 2nd-3rd in todays league play in order to get enough parts to craft the heavy. With players bunched like they are, this will be no small feat.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    I certainly hope that there is a quick fix. A maddening side effect to this latest fiasco, is all of the players are now bunched up together.
    In last nights Silver league, I needed at least a 10th finish to stay on track for my 50 parts. With 10 minutes to go I was in 2nd place, then all hell broke lose.
    All of a sudden, there were 6 people tied for 2nd thru 7th with 162 points and 5 people tied for 8th thru 12th with 160 points. I ended up being one of the odd men out, and I finished in 11th place.
    Now all I need to do is finish 2nd-3rd in todays league play in order to get enough parts to craft the heavy. With players bunched like they are, this will be no small feat.

It is indeed strange to see players bunch up like that ... nobody wants the lead for fear of winning ... now that takes the cake doesn't it?
  • Options
    It is indeed strange to see players bunch up like that ... nobody wants the lead for fear of winning ... now that takes the cake doesn't it?

Yes it does. The sad part is was nothing that I could do about it and it is happening again today.

With 12 hours 50 mins to go, the standings look like this:
    1st 72 points
    2nd 70 points
    3rd 70 points
    4th 68 points
    6th 68 points
    7th 66 points
    11th 66 points

Right now I am in 5th place with my 68 points.
  • Options
    2q1xun9.png

It just keeps getting better and better. Now the top 8 places all have the same score. Since none of us seems to want to finish in 1st (we do not want the parts for a weapon we can't craft, this is what happens.