Options

Game crashing almost 50% since newest update

ddd33ddd33 Registered Users 35 Posts
Am I the only one having issues or has this last upgrade really caused the game to crash a lot. If I try and fire or move when their Juggernaut is firing or when base drone is firing I lock up and crash almost half the time. I have had problems in the past but it had gotten much better, now it is worse than ever. Please tell me this is being worked on.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I've had a few crash/restarts, especially after completing a campaign mission. There's the standard delay before the map load, then it immediately restarts. I also lost one PvP because the game froze after standing up; I couldn't duck or move to aim, about 15 seconds later I was dead. Maybe the game will settle down.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    ddd33 wrote: »
    Am I the only one having issues or has this last upgrade really caused the game to crash a lot. If I try and fire or move when their Juggernaut is firing or when base drone is firing I lock up and crash almost half the time. I have had problems in the past but it had gotten much better, now it is worse than ever. Please tell me this is being worked on.

My advice is to NOT move or fire when the enemy is firing, especially the drone. Duck and wait for the firing to stop, then attack.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    My advice is to NOT move or fire when the enemy is firing, especially the drone. Duck and wait for the firing to stop, then attack.

Another thing to look for is when you have successful completed a battle, watch the screens that load when you are collecting your winnings. If one of the screens seems to load in two parts, 1/2 the screen looks fine and the other half is black, before it finally loads, then you need to close and restart CKS. Your tablet is getting ready to crash during the next battle.

Also, my tablet would almost always crash during a battle if I had been viewing one of the free videos with out restarting CKS before starting the battle.
  • Options

I typically do but sometimes am locked on a target an ddon't see that they begin firing in time to duck. I also just started running into 2.95m base x 2.95m drone challenges ever time. i am nowhere near that challenge level. Hopefully this settles down also as I just passed on 26 of these before revenging someone to reset cost.
  • Options
    I typically do but sometimes am locked on a target an ddon't see that they begin firing in time to duck. I also just started running into 2.95m base x 2.95m drone challenges ever time. i am nowhere near that challenge level. Hopefully this settles down also as I just passed on 26 of these before revenging someone to reset cost.

You shouldn't be seeing 2.95M drones unless you have one of your own ... do you?

And another one bites the dust ...
  • Options
    You shouldn't be seeing 2.95M drones unless you have one of your own ... do you?

And another one bites the dust ...

First thanks for all your help to my posts. I have a 65K drone a229.12k base 13.5 giraffe, 13.0 bulldog, 14.5 quazar elite and 13.5 ruby. so nothing close to the max base and drones I keep getting. I know my Samsung is older but the crashing is reallllly getting bad. I forget to just duck missles and try to run to other cover...crash, shoot while the jug or drone are ....crash. Not trying to whine, just cannot enjoy game when it lags so bad and then freezes and crashes. Also can't chat with clan half the time because chat is down. Ii stop with last question: Hit "find target" and actually got something other than max bases, it was a player named "hardik18patel and the message "this player is banned" Why did it even come up as a challege if they are banded and I didn't see if it charged me diamonds for having to skip over them.
  • Options
    First thanks for all your help to my posts. I have a 65K drone a229.12k base 13.5 giraffe, 13.0 bulldog, 14.5 quazar elite and 13.5 ruby. so nothing close to the max base and drones I keep getting. I know my Samsung is older but the crashing is reallllly getting bad. I forget to just duck missles and try to run to other cover...crash, shoot while the jug or drone are ....crash. Not trying to whine, just cannot enjoy game when it lags so bad and then freezes and crashes. Also can't chat with clan half the time because chat is down. Ii stop with last question: Hit "find target" and actually got something other than max bases, it was a player named "hardik18patel and the message "this player is banned" Why did it even come up as a challege if they are banded and I didn't see if it charged me diamonds for having to skip over them.

I'm not sure what you consider "close" LOL that 14.5 QUAZAR ELITE is what I'm using (14.5 BLACK HOLE clone) and I'm at TIER 15 FULLY upgraded. All I see is 2.95M DEFENSES and I've been seeing these max'd out defenses for more than a month. So that explains the LONGS.

The SHORTS? What is your SHORT range weapon of choice? Post a screen shot of it's upgrade status and a SS of your BASE, if you don't mind, that is.

The DRONE? Post a SS of your drone and weapons. Here you have a legitimate complaint for customer service. The only drones you should be seeing are 65K.
  • Options
    So my drone is 65k with all the parts at the 64k level (I have been upgrading the main drone until I get it to the next level of weapons without spending on all those weapon upgrades, just my strategy as there are always to many things to spend on). My long is the ruby and it is at 1.11M (need 4 more upgrades to complete). Quazar is at 1.87M, just got it recently and has only one upgrade so far. I just keep plugging along.
  • Options
    CoffeemakerCoffeemaker Registered Users 11 Posts
    I have had several crashes. As told by others. Lost a pv match this cost me the stuff i spent to win then lost. When i reloaded game that i had won i had lost? That hurt.
  • Options
    So my drone is 65k with all the parts at the 64k level (I have been upgrading the main drone until I get it to the next level of weapons without spending on all those weapon upgrades, just my strategy as there are always to many things to spend on). My long is the ruby and it is at 1.11M (need 4 more upgrades to complete). Quazar is at 1.87M, just got it recently and has only one upgrade so far. I just keep plugging along.

The 14.5 QUAZAR is what being used to match you with LONG battles; that's why you're seeing 2.95M defenses. What are you using for SHORT battles?
  • Options
    My short is the heavy- ruby and it is at 1.11M (need 4 more upgrades to complete)
  • Options
    My short is the heavy- ruby and it is at 1.11M (need 4 more upgrades to complete)

The RUBY may also (not as often) attract stronger opponents. When you say 4 more upgrades are we referring to 4 boxes (80% completed) or 4 columns (20% completed)? If the latter, you'll need to get it to at least 60% or 3 columns ASAP.

Other than that, you're pretty good on weapons. What's the status of your base?
  • Options
    Base is Level 12 with 229.12K. Lots of upgrades to go.
  • Options
    While I've been fairly lucky with few PvP crashes, a couple players in my clan have been reporting lots of crashes with the recent update, and one member has lost access to his profile and been restarted at level 1. He's contacted customer support.

Before the upgrade, I was looking at all the guns I own + upgrades to them, plus equipment, plus base upgrades, plus drone upgrades (and spins for XP modules), trying to figure out how much all that would cost in gold to get back where I currently am should my account be wiped (because the mostly diamond path has taken me 10 months; I'm approaching 30K VPs) -- I was ballparking it at over 80K gold.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    While I've been fairly lucky with few PvP crashes, a couple players in my clan have been reporting lots of crashes with the recent update, and one member has lost access to his profile and been restarted at level 1. He's contacted customer support.

Before the upgrade, I was looking at all the guns I own + upgrades to them, plus equipment, plus base upgrades, plus drone upgrades (and spins for XP modules), trying to figure out how much all that would cost in gold to get back where I currently am should my account be wiped (because the mostly diamond path has taken me 10 months; I'm approaching 30K VPs) -- I was ballparking it at over 80K gold.

Even if GLU awarded you that gold, and you got back your Tier and Weapons, you'd need to do most of the Campaign missions to get your Level and it's major health impact back, which would take quite a few boring hours.

We need to bug Joe about how he did his Google Game Center backup, then there's also the Amazon Game Circle, that's available to Kindle, which I have no clue about.

There's got to be a way for Kindle owners to have some assurance with a unstable game like this.

Note to Handles:
    "There should be a sticky for backing up any device!"
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    People here saying they are having crashes, can you provide your:

Device Used to Play:
    OS on device:

I'm going to email the information to the team to see what they can find on the issue.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Device Used to Play: Nexus 7 (2012)
    OS on device:Android KitKat Ver 4.4.4
    Amazon download.

About 8 crashes in 40 PvP plays. Sometimes crashes just after picking the opponent, or at opening of diamond vault door video, but usually during battles when targeting from one victim to the next and an automatic weapon starts firing.

Much less frame freezing before update.
  • Options
    I have two things to report.

First, in addition to the one clan member whose account was reset to level 1 coinciding with the update (Birdman), three members went unresponsive. My clan leader has been able to make contact with two of them, and I don't know why they didn't participate for a few days, so maybe it isn't game issues, but that's when it happened.

Another member is crashing so often now that he's seriously considering dropping out because he's already exhausted most of his data plan for this month on restarts. I've encouraged him to report it to customer support in hopes that they can help him. Please tell me that Glu is still working on issues related to the last major update -- it's hurting a lot of players.

Second, I had a strange experience. Since the update, I still had the frame rate issue, even a little worse than before. A couple times it was so bad that the game controls completely froze on me mid-PvP; I stood to fire, then couldn't shift my aim, move, or duck. The first time, I just waited to die after about 15 seconds. The second time I did a force shutdown of my Kindle HDX to exit the match, then cleared my cache after restart, then restarted the game after 45 minutes. While the loss still broke my streak, which I'd hoped might be preserved, the game changed for me.

I no longer have the frame lag issue, and at least for the moment, the game seems more stable. A surprising side effect is that automatic fire from defenders seems much more deadly than it had been, like the frame freeze might have prevented me from being hit by as many rounds from the rapid firing guns, but I'll take the capability to maneuver as a big plus and just adapt my play.

I read a post from someone that the update had fixed their frame rate issue, but it didn't for me, at least until 4 days after the update. The sequence was strange enough that I wanted to report it. I'm very happy with how this worked out for me, but am puzzled by the timing.
  • Options
    mcjpaydmcjpayd Registered Users 100 Posts
    i just posted in the bug thread - but it seems that the frame rate lag issue, for IOS at least, was fixed after the last update, and now with this update, it has re-surfaced.

Device Used to Play: iphone 6
    OS on device: IOS 8
  • Options
    I have two things to report.

First, in addition to the one clan member whose account was reset to level 1 coinciding with the update (Birdman), three members went unresponsive. My clan leader has been able to make contact with two of them, and I don't know why they didn't participate for a few days, so maybe it isn't game issues, but that's when it happened.

Another member is crashing so often now that he's seriously considering dropping out because he's already exhausted most of his data plan for this month on restarts. I've encouraged him to report it to customer support in hopes that they can help him. Please tell me that Glu is still working on issues related to the last major update -- it's hurting a lot of players.

Second, I had a strange experience. Since the update, I still had the frame rate issue, even a little worse than before. A couple times it was so bad that the game controls completely froze on me mid-PvP; I stood to fire, then couldn't shift my aim, move, or duck. The first time, I just waited to die after about 15 seconds. The second time I did a force shutdown of my Kindle HDX to exit the match, then cleared my cache after restart, then restarted the game after 45 minutes. While the loss still broke my streak, which I'd hoped might be preserved, the game changed for me.

I no longer have the frame lag issue, and at least for the moment, the game seems more stable. A surprising side effect is that automatic fire from defenders seems much more deadly than it had been, like the frame freeze might have prevented me from being hit by as many rounds from the rapid firing guns, but I'll take the capability to maneuver as a big plus and just adapt my play.

I read a post from someone that the update had fixed their frame rate issue, but it didn't for me, at least until 4 days after the update. The sequence was strange enough that I wanted to report it. I'm very happy with how this worked out for me, but am puzzled by the timing.

After carefully reading your post, it was the forced shutdown / restart of the Kindle that fixed the problem. Something else was most likely causing the problems and the forced restart broke the stalemate ... background tasks, scheduled tasks like syncs and backups, multiple updates coming down to apps while your playing, etc. can all cause an apparent video problem in CKS since it "hogs" most of the available resources.
  • Options

Hey Python, I'd estimate a minimum of 50 MASSIVE GOLD packages or roughly $5,000 and/or 150,000 GOLD would be required to reach fully upgraded TIER 15 with the latest weapons (all weapons you ever upgraded included).

With the benefit of experience, once might not acquire and upgrade all of the same weapons along the way, but this does NOT include drone development, the countless hours of PvP, parts, cash, prizes, etc. and the billions of diamonds collected that are now gone forever.

Losing the entire game (if you're current) is nothing less than a catastrophic loss and can never be truly recovered except for one fool proof way. I'm an IT pro and believe me when I say, if you don't have a full system backup, you had better create one and I mean RIGHT NOW !!!

A backup is only as good as the ability to restore from it, so as soon as you create the backup, you're going to need to test the reliability of the backup ... an old device is a good place to start testing your backup / recovery procedures (never on your primary device).

Once you're convinced that your procedure "WORKS" then you can rely on it for your primary device.

Playing CKS without a reliable backup is flirting with disaster.
  • Options
    I'm using a Kindle Fire HDX (7-inch). Do you have any recommendations for backup software? Everything I've found on Amazon Android appstore seems to have a disclaimer that it doesn't backup data, just apps. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what they mean, but what I need to backup is app data.
  • Options
    mcjpaydmcjpayd Registered Users 100 Posts
    So as for the frame rate lag - even though i had no app running in the background and nothing was downloading, it was really bad. Then i shut my iphone off, and turned it back on - and that seemed to fix the frame rate lag issue. Now it behaves just as it did as of the previous update. So apparently with this update and maybe future ones anyways, completely shut off and start your device.
  • Options
    mcjpayd wrote: »
    So as for the frame rate lag - even though i had no app running in the background and nothing was downloading, it was really bad. Then i shut my iphone off, and turned it back on - and that seemed to fix the frame rate lag issue. Now it behaves just as it did as of the previous update. So apparently with this update and maybe future ones anyways, completely shut off and start your device.

CKS is a resource hog, no doubt about it ... as with any poorly written app, sometimes the only way to release resources and restore performance is to reboot the device.
  • Options
    I'm using a Kindle Fire HDX (7-inch). Do you have any recommendations for backup software? Everything I've found on Amazon Android appstore seems to have a disclaimer that it doesn't backup data, just apps. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what they mean, but what I need to backup is app data.

The problem with the Kindle Fire, I believe is I have never seen any procedure out there to root one without resetting the device. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Kindle was designed as an eBook Reader ... is it a full fledged tablet or no?

If it is, I'll try to locate something specific for that device. What version of Android are you using? If 4.x.x we may have a quick way to root without reset via Towelroot.

Give this a try, open up Chrome Browser and go to https://www.towelroot.com/ ... click on the Greek Lamda and see what happens.
  • Options
    Kindles come in several different "flavors". The Kindle, Kindle keyboard, Kindle paperwhite, and newer version of the paperwhite called the Kindle Voyager are all ebook readers.

The Kindle Fire series is an actual Android tablet, although they use a "simplified" proprietary version of the standard Android OS (mine's currently listed in settings as Fire OS 4.5.5), see http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CYQP3AK/ for the 7-inch HDX specs.

It's possible to install Android apps from places other than the Amazon app store, but they do their best to discourage it and due to Amazon's custom OS, many (especially utilities) aren't compatible. Essentially, Amazon gives you a very good deal on a tablet in exchange for locking into their "ecosphere" and allowing them to market to you directly.
  • Options
    Gotcha ... are you the adventurous type? It might be possible (probable) to get away from Amazon's proprietary OS and install the actual Google Android OS. Without an reliable backup it could be a dangerous trip though because you could loose all of your data but without the Android OS, taking a backup becomes problematic, as you are aware.

I would discourage doing this at this time; a technician's POV. That said, it would be more of a "sacrifice now" for a better "future computing experience" using this device. If you ever decide you've had enough CKS OR want to start anew on MIRN, for example, you way want to seriously consider ditching the Fire OS and move to Android. You can still install the Amazon version of CKS on Android if that is your gaming preference.

I'll continue to try to locate a backup/recovery solution for the Kindle Fire.
  • Options
    Well I guess you know this ... next device you purchase will NOT be ..... LOL

OK I've done some preliminary research and what used to work, such as TOWELROOT described previously, no longer works. Amazon is actively going out of it's way to prevent root access; similar to the way Apple locks out it's customers from IOS.

I did read up on a procedure on MEDIAFIRE, but there are too many potential pitfalls to be 100% reliable so I can't recommend it as a technician's solution.

I shall continue to keep you posted if I find a recommendable solution.
  • Options
    Thanks for looking into it. That's pretty much what I found last time I looked.

When I first logged into facebook in CK:S, I recall that a message was displayed to the effect that my game state was backed up, so they may be periodically saving game data to FB. I play at least one other game that I think is doing that.
  • Options
    gigmaestrogigmaestro Registered Users 9 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    People here saying they are having crashes, can you provide your:

Device Used to Play:
    OS on device:

I'm going to email the information to the team to see what they can find on the issue.

OK Handles, I will waste more time trying to get Glu to fix this game.
    I play on iPad mini 1st gen running whatever the latest Apple IOS update is which lets face it is just an excuse to hog resources so that eventually you are forced to upgrade to another s**t Apple device.
    In conjunction with this, your Mickey Mouse programmers have screwed this game up so much that I am experiencing the following problems.
    1) I have not been able to play any campaign missions for over 5 weeks and therefore cannot benefit from earning diamonds from the heavy and tesla missions.
    2) 34 put of my last 52 PVPs have crashed. This has lost me hundreds of golds and millions of diamonds.
    3) I have been complaining to Glu via their so called Customer Care and they keep giving me the same...."we are aware of the problem" answer and yet do nothing to fix it. In the meantime, they keep releasing more levels that I cannot play.

It is clear to me that Glu do not give a toss about players like me and many of the others who are probably playing on older devices. Much of the bulls**t surrounding the support drone is half the problem. It takes me over 10 minutes to load the 'change' screen for the drones weapons and then I have to scroll through hundreds of the same 64k etc weapons. It is absolutely pathetic!!

There, that is another 10 minutes of my life trying to get Glu to fix this game. Time to play another PVP and watch it crash. Pathetic!!