Options

PVP unable to kill primary

poorcharliepoorcharlie Registered Users 5 Posts
Why am I unable to damage the primary target in pvp? The only way I can win is to use rocket. My rifle nor my assault gun damages the primary target. The other targets I can eliminate.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    cyclopse wrote: »
    Same here as they are on higher level as well have so much health which can't be killed via ur gun until u have rocket or grenade which are needs to be purchased and this is where glu is earning and system getting tough and bad... From last 1 week I have hardly win 2 or 3 PvP matches ...

What platform and what level are we talking about here.

I have never heard of or seen this type of a problem. The juggernaut always has the most health is always the hardest to take out. Next come the sentry and then the player character.

Have you tried doing a head shot?
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    All things being equal, I would agree that the JUGG would be the hardest of all to kill. But when things are not balanced (not all things being equal) some interesting gaming experiences can arise.

The game is really all about numbers; weapons ratings, power ratings, player health, attack power, defense power. The first experience most players encounter in PvP is an inability to win consistently and defeat opponents before either the clock runs out or the player health is depleted.

So let's start with the easiest to explain; grenades and rockets. The power associated with these add-on weapons is directly linked to the opponent's (any opponent) defense power and WILL kill any opponent regardless of defense tier or YOUR weapons strength and can kill multiple opponents if they are in close proximity upon detonation. This is one of the few constants in CKS, but as you've noticed, these come at a price.

Attack Power vs Player Health: this is the most difficult to nail down because of the variables involved. I'll try to explain using LONG range weapons and battles. Your long range weapons are SNIPERS and TESLAS and for arguments sake we'll assume that both of these weapons are fully equipped (advertised rated power) and are going up against a seemingly equal opponent.

The first thing you need to understand is how much damage a single shot can cause. First off when you use a SNIPER rifle we're talking about ONE SHOT, ONE KILL ... hopefully. In theory, if your SNIPER's attack power exceeds your OPPONENTS player health (which is extremely rare, approaching improbable), you will be able to kill your opponent with a single head shot, a body shot has half the effective power than that of a head shot, so always aim for the head.

The TESLA weapon has a unique component named MAX CHARGES, which can be upgraded to a maximum of 10 (as in this example). Think of a single CHARGE as a single SNIPER ROUND, so if I charge my TESLA to the maximum before firing, it's the equivalent of firing 10 simultaneous SNIPER rounds into someone's head ... they're dead. Why people use TESLAS in battle is because of the "perceived" effective power of the weapon ... it's an illusion. What the TESLA does bring to the table is SPEED and in PvP the clock is what you're really competing against; some will explain that the clock is the ONLY thing you're really competing against. The TESLA also has the unique ability of being able to shoot through most obstacles where an opponent might be hiding, whereas the SNIPER requires a clear shot. The TESLA is THE WEAPON of choice for LONG RANGE PvP battles.

Finally, the single most important thing to remember about weapons is their RATING versus their POWER. The "rating" is the highest weighted variable when it comes to locating an opponent; a 12.5 rated weapon should mostly attract TIER 12 defenses, but there's a catch. Not all 12.5 weapons are created equal and not all tier 12 defenses are created equal ... these weapons can, and MUST, be upgraded. A 12.5 weapon is not a 12.5 weapon until it's fully equipped, in fact a 12.5 weapon is only an 11.5 weapon when it's 60% equipped (that's three columns of updates). Unequipped, a 12.5 weapon is effectively a 10.5 weapon that is fully equipped ... GLU TRAP LURE #1 ... you cannot win vs a BASE DEFENSE that is 2 full ratings higher than your weapon(s).

Put another way, in order to defeat a TIER 12 BASE, without an upgraded weapon, you would need a 14.5 rated weapon. but if you have a 14.5 rated weapon, you'll attract TIER 14 defenses and rarely see a TIER 12 BASE ... GLU TRAP LURE #2.

Starting to get the picture? Experienced players refer to this phenomenon as the "Weapons Upgrade Treadmill" ... you'll be marginally successful at best.

So how do you escape from this endless cycle? BUY and SPEND GOLD ... you are now officially "trapped".

You've just received the benefit of the first 2-3 months of my gaming experience in a single forum post; I suggest you exploit it to the fullest.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    All things being equal, I would agree that the JUGG would be the hardest of all to kill. But when things are not balanced (not all things being equal) some interesting gaming experiences can arise.

You've just received the benefit of the first 2-3 months of my gaming experience in a single forum post; I suggest you exploit it to the fullest.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!

Excellent description if game play, as usual.

However, unless the original post was stated incorrectly, wasn't the original question/problem, that they are not able to damage the primary target unless they use rocket or grenades?

That part of the original post did not make any sense, that they can't damage the primary target.

Not being to defeat the primary target makes more sense.

I wonder which one it is?
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    Excellent description if game play, as usual.

However, unless the original post was stated incorrectly, wasn't the original question/problem, that they are not able to damage the primary target unless they use rocket or grenades?

That part of the original post did not make any sense, that they can't damage the primary target.

Not being to defeat the primary target makes more sense.

I wonder which one it is?

Yeah sometimes once I get started, I try to cover the entire topic ... but yes, his original question was about grenades and rockets; I did touch on that as well trying to describe how a grenade can kill when your weapon cannot. I figure let them take from it whatever they can.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I was in the same problem/situation when I was Tier 6 to 7 with in-game primaries and no secondaries stuck at a level/mission point where I had to upgrade my weapons to continue playing, but not getting players that even though they were green, the final target was undefeatable. I'd have to focus countless headshots, either sniper, or assault, and his health meter would hardly budge.

The problem was a combination of two things. The opponents level being higher than mine, and usually having won a weapon in global/leagues that seemed to add to health, too.

Only bots or players with non-secondaries were defeatable, and it is impossible to know with real players with just the stats when you choose.

There is hope for you guys if you tough it out. Takes a long time, since you have to constantly hit the forfeit button when you see that the health meter doesn't budge, and you build your base very slowly, but it can be done. Hang in there.
  • Options
    cyclopse wrote: »
    Totally agree with try_again same happening to me not been the primary target hardly had a loss in health even if I make 20 to 30 headshots and when after loosing I check their level they mostly are on level 140 and the weapon I have it has 6k damage which seems to be a lot low to kill a target with 140 level until I have grenade in short range or a rocket launcher in case of long range

6K being "a bit low" is the under statement of the year, so obviously it's impossible to kill a TIER 15 opponent with that weapon; the problem is you should NOT have been matched against him in the first place. The only explanation I could possibly give is that there are no opponents available in your class and you're going to face a GLU generated opponent by default unless you continue to try and find another opponent.

The ONLY choice you have at this point is to upgrade your base tier; what is your tier btw?
  • Options
    OK I've nailed down a few hard facts for you by experimenting with the matchup algorithm.

Now I was able to lower my ATTACK POWER by selecting lesser RATED weapons and every opponent came back RED; meaning it's next to impossible to defeat these opponents, I know this from experience and I wasn't going to risk my streak to find out if it has changed.

Trying to locate a more suitable opponent: I gave up after 10 attempts which is the threshold for any player I would imagine.

So here's the deal, while GLU has now made it possible to use a lesser rated weapon in PvP, it's next to impossible to find an opponent you can defeat with that weapon; just a different way to achieve the same results. Next up is the fact that it would appear using the small sampling I collected, that the great experiment in letting newer players compete PvP using lesser weapons in the hope that they could somehow lure them into spending $$$ has failed; to put it bluntly ... the gravy train is no longer in service.

I will not dismiss the notion that GLU has made a mistake; I cannot confirm that these are the new intended parameters for game play since GLU does not share any information with players and never states it's intentions.

What I can state are the results of hard data collected from the game via actual experience gained from using the available features of the game, so it's like this ... for newer players, given your current configuration, unless you're willing to start being a paying customer, unless you're willing to take on the monumental task of upgrading to TIER 15 using free energy OR you can somehow convince GLU to back out this change and allow you to continue to compete for free ...
    ... you are dead in the water; consistently winning PvP is no longer possible unless you're at TIER 14.
    I have revised this upward from TIER 12 for two reasons (1) the advice is a month old (2) TIER 16 will be released in 2-3 weeks.

Ironically, the same advice I gave 6 months ago appears to be the only option. Complete your contracts, upgrade your base, and once you've caught up (if you have the staying power that is), grab a current weapon or 2 and fully equip them, then and ONLY then will you be able to successfully compete in PvP.

From outside the box, I would say that CKS is becoming an exclusive club for players who have been playing for quite some time. Newer players will find it increasingly more difficult to compete and this is intentional; steer the new players to something like MIRN and continue milking the veterans until they quit from boredom and move on.

Statistics collected from recent Global Events support this conclusion. For example, on any given Global Event DAY #1 there are 45,000-50,000 players who have registered kills. Of those, only 1,000 are capable of scoring 25 victories on any given day of the Global; that's 1 out of every 50 or just 2%. Think about it ... only 2% of all players can score a single victory in any given hour. That's not conjecture or speculation, those are the facts. So ... 98% of all CKS players should not or rather, cannot compete in PvP ... yet they try anyway and that's their prerogative.

Since we're talking about a video game and NOT brain surgery here, it should be quite obvious that the game is "rigged" against new players trying to compete using free energy, regardless of what GLU or anyone else says ... your move.
  • Options
    nic1969nic1969 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Back to the original question. I am on Tier 8, weapon power 10.0 (89.9) w/ Drone power 6500. I can no longer defeat a Tier 6 Base power 4600 w/ Drone power 1420. Just attempted a challenge in short range and finished all the sentries in less than a min and for the next 4 mins could not kill the primary target. I've gotten this far by just enjoying the game and playing for free, but it seems glu is trying to make it impossible to play without spending money.
  • Options
    When I was in that position, I could only beat the bots. Look for matchups that don't have drones, they will have a health level that you should be able to defeat.

Let me know if this helps.
  • Options
    I don't know if the "bot" battle will work since there's no reliable way to determine who is a "bot"; all opponents are now bots and all have drones, so the ONLY viable way to play is to progress through the game the way it was originally intended and totally forget about PvP for now. I know closing contracts and upgrading each corresponding base with every new region is time consuming and after 15 REGIONS and TIERS I find it mind numbingly boring ... but I did it, just like many others who play this game.

GLU provided a shortcut to this process back in June and a few months later has decided it wasn't working as they intended.

Ironically, the newer players are where the rest of us were when WE started, except there are just about double the number of contracts that need to be closed and a half dozen more defense tiers that need to be upgraded ... but again we have all endured and done what was necessary.

The downside to starting out fresh at this point is there's is no practical way to catch up before the next Presidential Election without spending GOLD. You can buy GOLD, of course, but there are other ways to acquire GOLD.

So your options are simple ... forget about PvP for now, you cannot succeed anyway. Start closing your contracts (there are hundreds of them waiting to be closed), I might add they weren't incorporated for no reason ... they were meant to be fought. Each closed contract has prizes, cash, parts, diamonds, etc. associated with it. It is possible during that process something might change that will allow you to TRY_AGAIN at PvP.

Good Luck !!!
  • Options
    You are correct as usual, Python. I forgot about the implications of the new update. But I think you can tell the new bot players - if a PvP comes up having the exact same drone power as yours, it is a bot player.

Also agree and equally stress the importance of Campaigns. The missing ingredient here is every level up gives you more health. And the net worth of 10 points in levels is much greater than a typical jump from one base to the next. Obviously base and weapon upgrades are part of the leveling up, so both will take you some time to complete.
  • Options
    I've seen bots with variable powered drones maybe 5-6 times, the rest had identical drones, but that might have been because of my base defense has been fully upgraded for awhile now. Also, and I know you're punishing me for not remembering your platform(s) at times, but I am not The Python. **SMILES**
  • Options
    RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    I'll post to this thread with some information as I rebuild from scratch.

Currently I'm playing East Asia campaign while trying to collect enough free gold to purchase the elite package for Russia. I have advanced to level 20.

My base is half way through tier three. I may post a link to an active spreadsheet with cost for upgrades as I go. PvP prizes are all over the board so I will not include that column. Observation: cost of PvP matches is tied to your health, not your economy. I ran my health to the top of the tier and saw the match cost rise with it. I'll keep you posted as my economy climbs.

My weapons are the basic 2.0 weapons that you start with one box (damage) to finish completely upgrading. I get tier four opponents and only win about 25% of the matches (of course they are red opponents). I may purchase the cash 3.0 weapons, but would rather get the 3.5.

My drone is level 21 with machine guns at 185 and rockets at 145. It can hold its own against level 28 recruits, mercs and snipers. Needs help against rockets and special forces. No chance against turrets. Observation: as soon as the opponent's drone appears, my drone will focus on it ignoring more active enemy.

Huggles
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    RaylinaD wrote: »
    I'll post to this thread with some information as I rebuild from scratch.

Currently I'm playing East Asia campaign while trying to collect enough free gold to purchase the elite package for Russia. I have advanced to level 20.

My base is half way through tier three. I may post a link to an active spreadsheet with cost for upgrades as I go. PvP prizes are all over the board so I will not include that column. Observation: cost of PvP matches is tied to your health, not your economy. I ran my health to the top of the tier and saw the match cost rise with it. I'll keep you posted as my economy climbs.

My weapons are the basic 2.0 weapons that you start with one box (damage) to finish completely upgrading. I get tier four opponents and only win about 25% of the matches (of course they are red opponents). I may purchase the cash 3.0 weapons, but would rather get the 3.5.

My drone is level 21 with machine guns at 185 and rockets at 145. It can hold its own against level 28 recruits, mercs and snipers. Needs help against rockets and special forces. No chance against turrets. Observation: as soon as the opponent's drone appears, my drone will focus on it ignoring more active enemy.

Huggles

Happy to see you have the heart to start over; I don't think you're the only one ... backups are your best friend.

For as long as I can remember the cost for a PvP match has been 125 diamonds regardless of anything else OR how far you've progressed in the game; please elaborate.

This is an excellent opportunity to carefully track costs from the beginning, if you're up to the task.

Welcome Back !!!
  • Options
    I vaguely remember at low levels the PvP match starting cost started below 125. There was a jump to 85 at one point. At the time I remembered, it was after I had done a "find another" button, and I was ticked I ever did that.

I don't remember the progression, but I'd think it's tied to Level number, and not anything in base or weapon upgrades. This seems like eons ago.

RaylinaD, all I can say is you seem very calm about the loss of all your built up hard work/money spent. I'd at least send GLU Customer Care a detailed list of what you can remember you had. If you had a spreadsheet of it, send that in!

As to what they'd do for you, someone came up with an estimate of gold in the 5-6 figure range I believe? So the likelihood of being compensated for what you actually had would be improbable.

I guess the reaction of "water under the bridge" is just not in my nature. I'd have walked away from this game and never looked back. Hope you re-enjoy the game, and GLU doesn't pull any more surprises on you.
  • Options
    TRY_AGAIN you could very well be correct about the match cost since I didn't "feel comfortable" with PvP until I reached Tier 8-9 with 9.5 weapons; of course everything else since is history.

I had posted a reply to Python in another thread where he mentioned several of his clan (outside of you, of course) has lost everything as well due to crashes.

It doesn't surprise me that nobody had a reliable backup to recover from, but what does surprise me is that people do not take backups at this stage of technologies' evolution. Windows 95/NT4 was introduced 20 years ago and I have been beating that "backups" drum ever since ... nobody listens until it's too late; I guess it's human nature, sort of like driving a car until it won't start one rainy morning.
  • Options
    I used to be a system administrator for a CAD mainframe, and am well aware of backups. I developed a script where each morning the system would compile either a daily, weekly, monthly backup (dailies saved for two weeks, weeklys for 4 weeks, and monthlies for a year), that was for data. There were also full system backups, too, and a couple racks of tapes became quite cumbersome, but "my" system was safe. Then the edict came that we had to have a duplicate location for data in case of fire.

This was on a system mind you that had two 300MB hard drives that where larger than a waist high refrigerator, and 3 times heavier. Reel to Reel tapes could take close to an hour to write one with a read check for good measure. A full backup would take 7 tapes.

Ever since, I've tried to have duplicates of my data at home, but am too lazy, as we all are, so stuff can always happen. It's a case of what are you willing to loose for your laziness and to save precious time between past and current.

Sure the cloud servers are wonderful, and maybe they work for most until they don't. I see no place in my devices settings to tell it make a new partial/full backup of data or programs at this point to Google. So, my understanding is limited there. I'm sure the software to do so is not very robust either, but iOS sounds like it may be better? But that didn't help our friend I guess.

Sorry for rambling.
  • Options
    Well Bud I've been there with tape backups and libraries to catalog them in, but we're in the 21st century now ... external 2 TB disk drives for $50 and with an adequate laptop or PC one can backup an entire tablet in 10-15 minutes tops (if backing up apps and app data).

Of course music and video collections take longer.

Forget about cloud storage and fancy do nothing backup apps. Just treat it like any other disk drive. Root access backups via TWRP are even better.

I'll do you one better on Android you can move your apps and data to an SDCARD (external OR internal); in fact the app is named APP2SD. Once on an SDCARD, you can duplicate the card on any PC. A standard 32GB SDCARD costs about 25-$30 and an external adapter costs about $20.

I've heard frustration stories about IOS not recognizing USB devices or not being recognized as a hard drive on the PC. That's an IOS problem, so I can't speculate on a solution for that.

Really a very small price to pay for peace of mind.
  • Options
    Maybe my device's usb is slow, but it takes me 50 minutes to do a full backup, and it's not a loaded tablet, just 30 or so apps.

Backup of the game and data was almost as bad - roughly 30 minutes. I use a simple program that does the TWRP scripting called Wugfresh Nexus Toolkit.

And, any time lost backing up can eat into a cheap man's game that relies on free energy to try and keep up with the big boys!

I may soon have to decide to switch out the 2012 tablet for something that runs smoother. At the moment, when the PVP second stage starts, the graphics are teetering on crash/freezing when I go to pop up and fine target maybe one guy before the final kill shot.

My other choice is ditch the Tier 15 game that's on, and just continue my Tier 11 game on an octa-core processor Samsung that seems much more fluid with a minimum amount of freezing in comparison. There may be a way to root this one as well, but haven't found one to back it up yet.
  • Options
    Hell my 2013 Nexus 7 is getting long in the tooth, so the 2012 is geriatric. These devices were never meant to last past 1-2 years, so any mileage you get out of them beyond that is pure gravy.

As for data transfer speed, yes it could be the USB port since in 2011-2012 they were just starting to widely use 2.0 and your may be operating at 1.1 speeds. The data cable and PC's USB port all contribute to data transfer speed. Even if it took an hour, it's still worth it. Your description is basically, as you stated, laziness and you won't miss an hours worth of game play to secure your device ... I won't tell you what I think about that. *** SMILES *** Are you playing 24/7 ... everybody has excuses for not taking backups ... unbelievable.
  • Options
    Happy to see you have the heart to start over; I don't think you're the only one ... backups are your best friend.

For as long as I can remember the cost for a PvP match has been 125 diamonds regardless of anything else OR how far you've progressed in the game; please elaborate.

This is an excellent opportunity to carefully track costs from the beginning, if you're up to the task.

Welcome Back !!!

At tier 1, PvP cost 30 diamonds, progressed to 45 and 55 during tier 2 and currently with a maxed tier 3 health the cost is 65. Current second choice is 110, 175 and 250 at my level. I don't recall the earlier second choice costs, but I will track in he future.

Huggles
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    RaylinaD wrote: »
    At tier 1, PvP cost 30 diamonds, progressed to 45 and 55 during tier 2 and currently with a maxed tier 3 health the cost is 65. Current second choice is 110, 175 and 250 at my level. I don't recall the earlier second choice costs, but I will track in he future.

Huggles

That explains it ... I wouldn't go anywhere near PvP until TIER 8, that's why I couldn't remember those low costs **SMILES**
  • Options
    That explains it ... I wouldn't go anywhere near PvP until TIER 8, that's why I couldn't remember those low costs **SMILES**

I am pursuing rapid growth back to tier 12. On a side note: at economy 3.2 you can be attacked via PvP with the current game version. This was not so with version 1. Darkstone was not attacked until I was tier 8 or 9, i don't remember.

Huggles
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    I offer a correction- current PvP cost at max health tier 3 is 55, not 65. It makes more sense with second choice at 110 and 165.

Huggles
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    RaylinaD, There's a few issues I have with Scorpion, and one is his insistence with not doing PvP until tier 8 or 9. I say do it as much as possible to make those few extra diamonds! Why wouldn't you? Plus, I had the luxury of being in the Amazon leagues, where I could actually get weapons parts ready to craft for the day that I reached a couple tiers below their power.

Still shaking my head that you have the motivation to do it all over again, kudos to you!
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    RaylinaD, There's a few issues I have with Scorpion, and one is his insistence with not doing PvP until tier 8 or 9. I say do it as much as possible to make those few extra diamonds! Why wouldn't you? Plus, I had the luxury of being in the Amazon leagues, where I could actually get weapons parts ready to craft for the day that I reached a couple tiers below their power.

Still shaking my head that you have the motivation to do it all over again, kudos to you!

I said I wouldn't go anywhere near PvP until TIER 8 ... literally ... I didn't go anywhere near PvP until I reached TIER 8, others do what they feel comfortable with, besides she's a veteran player not a newcomer. If I started over, I'd be in there mixing it up ASAP.

As you mentioned normal rules of competition do not apply to Amazon, because there isn't any ... everybody wins so why the hell not do anything ... you can't loose anyway right?

You see I knew immediately that to be successful at PvP was going to cost $$$ and I wasn't willing to spend anything until I was confident I could win every battle ... but that's me.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    In one of the endless mysteries about this game, with my 2.95M base and 2.95M Drone, I am being challenged 20 or more times a day now, usually by people with Tier 1 bases and lame weapons. My most recent challenger is Doofyscaprinox, 52 VP, Tier 2 Base, 200 power, Drone: 240, Sniper, 2.0, 240 power, Assault, 248, 2.0 power, no tesla, no heavy. He hit me twice, guess who won both times.

Before that it was Guest7bed8bc13, 20 VP, Tier 1 base, 104 power, Drone, 200 power, Sniper, 1.0, 134 power, Assault, 1.0, 136 power, no tesla, no heavy. He challenged me three times.

What is the story with these guys?
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    In one of the endless mysteries about this game, with my 2.95M base and 2.95M Drone, I am being challenged 20 or more times a day now, usually by people with Tier 1 bases and lame weapons. My most recent challenger is Doofyscaprinox, Tier 2 Base, 200 power, Drone: 240, Sniper, 2.0, 240 power, Assault, 248, 2.0 power, no tesla, no heavy. He hit me twice, guess who won both times. What is the story with these guys?

It took me a minute to figure out how you were being attacked by a tier 1 and tier 2 bases. The I saw the "Challenged". I guess you can just chalk it up to being on the all-time leaderboard. So far, I have been "challenged" exactly zero times, no body loves me, lol.

In MIRN, challenges have also pretty much fallen by the wayside too. in the first couple of weeks, I was being challenged on a fairly regular basis, but now the last challenge was 39 days ago. I suspect, the same thing will happen in CKS.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Concerned, maybe you can explain to me the Challenges thing. I don't understand the point of it. You don't get Diamonds, you waste energy credits. What is the point of it?
  • Options
    CoffeemakerCoffeemaker Registered Users 11 Posts
    Injoyed reading this thread. It was helpful understanding things but on the other hand i hear pleaple saying that there is the god players. That they have hacked the system. I do not know if this possible but i played two at the near same rankings killed one the other couldn't even hurt. Now if is possible to hack this, it would be nice if at least able to have glu check and see if that person is playing fare. As i have questions about some i have played. If they are playing fare no harm done, if they aren't maybe it would send a message you can be caught.