Options

PVP unable to kill primary

2Next

Comments

• Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Concerned, maybe you can explain to me the Challenges thing. I don't understand the point of it. You don't get Diamonds, you waste energy credits. What is the point of it?

In MIRN, the prize for winning a "challenge" would be drone parts. That is about all that I ever won. In CKS, I have not challenged anybody, so I don't know what you would win.

But you are right about "wasting energy credits" and not "winning diamonds". I think that this is why it never went anywhere in MIRN. Like I said, it has been almost 6 weeks since anybody challenged me and 8 weeks since I challenged another player.

I felt that energy credits were better spent on PVP matches. Also, as I recall, winning a challenge does nothing for global or league play. All in all, a complete waste of time.

The reason that you are being "Challenged" so much is because the battle log is broken. Right now the only players that I can "click" on are the top 20. When I click on the opponents that are listed in my battle log, nothing happens. This is where you are supposed to be able to "challenge" somebody who defeated you. The challenge system gives you a chance to revenge even while the player is on line. However, like you said, why bother if you can't win any diamonds.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Injoyed reading this thread. It was helpful understanding things but on the other hand i hear pleaple saying that there is the god players. That they have hacked the system. I do not know if this possible but i played two at the near same rankings killed one the other couldn't even hurt. Now if is possible to hack this, it would be nice if at least able to have glu check and see if that person is playing fare. As i have questions about some i have played. If they are playing fare no harm done, if they aren't maybe it would send a message you can be caught.

GLU is GOD here ... nobody else ... they make the rules, we play by the rules ... it's that simple.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    In one of the endless mysteries about this game, with my 2.95M base and 2.95M Drone, I am being challenged 20 or more times a day now, usually by people with Tier 1 bases and lame weapons. My most recent challenger is Doofyscaprinox, 52 VP, Tier 2 Base, 200 power, Drone: 240, Sniper, 2.0, 240 power, Assault, 248, 2.0 power, no tesla, no heavy. He hit me twice, guess who won both times.

Before that it was Guest7bed8bc13, 20 VP, Tier 1 base, 104 power, Drone, 200 power, Sniper, 1.0, 134 power, Assault, 1.0, 136 power, no tesla, no heavy. He challenged me three times.

What is the story with these guys?

They're probably doing what I would do if I were in their position. Challenge the top dog to get a feeling of where I stand. Nothing magical or sinister about it; you should feel honored.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    They're probably doing what I would do if I were in their position. Challenge the top dog to get a feeling of where I stand. Nothing magical or sinister about it; you should feel honored.

I want to see a contest between a 2.95M Drone and a 1.0, 134 sniper. Should last about a nanosecond.
  • Options
    I want to see a contest between a 2.95M Drone and a 1.0, 134 sniper. Should last about a nanosecond.

What ever the result, the challenger now knows where he stands and how far he needs to go to be competitive. Do you have a problem with being challenged? I told you once you reached this level things would get interesting didn't I? **SMILES** In fact, I promised you these things would happen ... did you ever doubt me? LOL
  • Options
    What ever the result, the challenger now knows where he stands and how far he needs to go to be competitive. Do you have a problem with being challenged?

No problem at all. I just hope, sooner or later, somebody will explain to me what the point of challenges is. I can ignore it, no problem, but I keep thinking I must be missing something.
  • Options
    No problem at all. I just hope, sooner or later, somebody will explain to me what the point of challenges is. I can ignore it, no problem, but I keep thinking I must be missing something.

It's another GLU TRAP LURE to get these folk to start spending GOLD ... nothing more. If you want to defeat BRAD (and those like him) you need to be like BRAD and that's gonna take GOLD.

Another thing, I doubt very seriously that they lasted long enough to see your drone; the JUGGS and SENTRIES took care of that. The drone? ... that's lesson #2. LMAO
  • Options
    It's another GLU TRAP LURE to get these folk to start spending GOLD ... nothing more. If you want to defeat BRAD (and those like him) you need to be like BRAD and that's gonna take GOLD.

Another thing, I doubt very seriously that they lasted long enough to see your drone; the JUGGS and SENTRIES took care of that. The drone? ... that's lesson #2. LMAO

Oh, I forgot, this is Glu we are talking about, it's not supposed to make sense. Silly me!
  • Options
    RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    Concerned, maybe you can explain to me the Challenges thing. I don't understand the point of it. You don't get Diamonds, you waste energy credits. What is the point of it?

Brad, I have been both challenged and the challenger. The person who challenged me lost, so I gave a try at "revenge". I gained 2 fuses of XP for my efforts. Perhaps at your level you would gain more than 24 XP for the effort. I used it as a learning tool and feel that I can get better results at my level doing the contracts and collecting single fuses along with the cash.

Huggles
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    Oh, I forgot, this is Glu we are talking about, it's not supposed to make sense. Silly me!

There you go ... nothing GLU does is "sensible" to the player. It ONLY makes sense when you look at it from GLU's POV.
  • Options
    cnwfan3cnwfan3 Registered Users 2 Posts
    nic1969 wrote: »
    Back to the original question. I am on Tier 8, weapon power 10.0 (89.9) w/ Drone power 6500. I can no longer defeat a Tier 6 Base power 4600 w/ Drone power 1420. Just attempted a challenge in short range and finished all the sentries in less than a min and for the next 4 mins could not kill the primary target. I've gotten this far by just enjoying the game and playing for free, but it seems glu is trying to make it impossible to play without spending money.

I had the same issue when I started getting bigger weapons too quickly. The issue is that the other players were all already level 140. The weapons I had were large enough to kill everything else but the player. Seems to me that these players obtain level 140 long before they should. If you play enough of the secondary contracts, you can build you level up without upgrading you base or weapons. However, it takes a long long long time to do so. My guess is that is what your issue is.
  • Options
    cnwfan3 wrote: »
    I had the same issue when I started getting bigger weapons too quickly. The issue is that the other players were all already level 140. The weapons I had were large enough to kill everything else but the player. Seems to me that these players obtain level 140 long before they should. If you play enough of the secondary contracts, you can build you level up without upgrading you base or weapons. However, it takes a long long long time to do so. My guess is that is what your issue is.

The reason you can't win is because they've updated their player health well beyond your attack power ... it's futile to even try ... sorry, but the gravy train has ended. This usually happens as soon as you hit TIER 8 ... next stop FORT KNOX.