Options

Drone Update Incoming!

CKS HQCKS HQ Registered Users 5 Posts
Hi everyone,
On Monday, January 18th, 2016 at 12:00AM PST (Tuesday, January 19th for Android), Contract Killer: Sniper will enter downtime for approximately two hours. When the downtime is over, you will have access to our latest Drone Update!

Drone Update Details:
• Due to technical limitations, we had to re-scale the way we handled all Drone numbers
• Don’t worry! While the numbers appear to be smaller, this is visual only; your Drone is just as powerful as it was before this update
• The re-scale allowed us to add
o New Drone Levels
o New Drone Weapon Upgrades
o More Drone power in battle

Please let us know what you think!

Thanks,
CKS HQ
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    CKS HQ wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    On Monday, January 18th, 2016 at 12:00AM PST (Tuesday, January 19th for Android), Contract Killer: Sniper will enter downtime for approximately two hours. When the downtime is over, you will have access to our latest Drone Update!

Drone Update Details:
    • Due to technical limitations, we had to re-scale the way we handled all Drone numbers
    • Don’t worry! While the numbers appear to be smaller, this is visual only; your Drone is just as powerful as it was before this update
    • The re-scale allowed us to add
    o New Drone Levels
    o New Drone Weapon Upgrades
    o More Drone power in battle

Please let us know what you think!

Thanks,
    CKS HQ

If I might inquire, why are you asking "Please let us know what you think!" If there is one thing that all CKS players know, the Dev Team does not care what we think!!!!

The Dev Team is going to do what the Dev Team wants, whether the players like it or not.

Case in point, CKS 3.0 was released with a major change to the Battle Algorithm and we the players had to suffer when are weapons were too strong for our defense level and we had all kinds of problems surviving. What did the Dev Team tells us, but that they thought that the change made for a better battle match up.

The Dev Team decided to change the prize structure in league play, in order to ensure that all players played as hard as they could. Instead, we now have a system that causes the players to slow play and (for most players) trying to not take first place because the weapon parts that are awarded for 1st place are different that the parts that we just won in global.

Then during the CKS 4.0 update, the cost to upgrade the drone was doubled and the cost to upgrade the weapons went up 6 times. When the players questioned why the raise in cost, we were told by the Dev Team, that cost for drone upgrades had not changed. When we submitted proof that the costs had indeed changed, now the players are being told, "well we forgot to raise the cost of the upgrading the drone and this is the cost the Dev Team had planned for the cost to be all along. Or in other words, it is just too bad, but it is our "ball" and you are going to play the "game" the way we want it played.

So again, I ask the question, what the Dev Team care about what we think, is it going to make a difference???

The only good thing that I can say about this post, is at least now we know that league play will be interrupted and that will have a big consequence for those that are trying to win weapon parts to complete the weapon from the previous Global event.

I don't even want to start in about the Dev Team deciding to replace our Global Event, with the Clan War that we currently have.

For IOS players, league play will start later than normal. If the downtime is only 2 hours as stated, then US players will not be affected, as we will be sleeping. But for the rest of the world, they will be affected, as there will be an interrupt right in the middle of the 1st day of league. For Amazon players, the interrupt will be during the 2nd day of league play.

Hopefully, the usual will not happen, as has happened with all of GLU's update, and that is the 2 hours ends up turning into 6 or 8 hours or longer, which really puts a crimp into league play.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Hear hear!
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Hear hear!

Actually the only "good thing" about this post is that we now know CKS HQ is alive and well and wasn't kidnapped by terrorists.

Seriously, I feel a new round of "The Case of the Vanishing ... Whatever" coming on :)

The one single most important aspect of all of this is will the developers provide MORE and BIGGER drone component parts? The existing parts distribution makes it quite impossible for most to achieve the paltry, 2.95M drones will fully powered weapons. So it begs to be asked, what's the point?
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Hear hear!

Actually the only "good thing" about this post is that we now know CKS HQ is alive and well and wasn't kidnapped by terrorists.

Seriously, I feel a new round of "The Case of the Vanishing ... Whatever" coming on :)

The one single most important aspect of all of this is will the developers provide MORE and BIGGER drone component parts? The existing parts distribution makes it quite impossible for most to achieve the paltry, 2.95M drones will fully powered weapons. So it begs to be asked, what's the point?

I concur with everything you just posted. What I am also wondering is if Greedy, oh I mean GLU is going to raise the costs for drone upgrades again, just like the last increase?
  • Options
    Unanimous, then.

The alternative is to have a trash can we can dump our diamonds into, and in some cases (my older device), I'd almost prefer that. I will never have a drone as capable as y'all, but by the same token, I never notice the drones during PVP, and only take them out if the boss is ducking. I guess they're good for the lesser powered riffraff or campaigns, but they've never been a game changer (except as in Scorpion's case of controls being locked up.)

MIRN, I would say has implemented the power effectiveness a bit better, but still, overly expensive now.
  • Options
    TRY_AGAIN / CKS HQ ... how about opening up The Store to all the available forms of "currency"; let's use GAME CASH, DIAMONDS and GOLD freely and interchangeably to buy anything that is listed as a store item, including weapons.

I would be willing to bet that if we could purchase weapons using DIAMONDS, that Global/League PvP participation would sky rocket. We use diamonds for upgrades, YNOT for purchases as well ... makes too much sense to ever become a reality eh?
  • Options
    bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    I guess this is not the right thread to post in but what does CKS HQ add to the forum? Doesn't reply to a single thing and is mostly just invisible.
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    The new Drone Levels are out on IOS. There are 40 new levels, taking the Drone to 48.1M. The good news is that all of my XP modules have been restored. I also have in inventory 2 Generations of new weapons, 16.0, 4.1M and 19.0 26.2M. The cost of a level upgrade to Level 151 will be 39.27M Diamonds, a substantial increase over the 10.57M I paid to get to Level 150.

Also, the Drone update was accompanied by a change in the algorithm for opponents. tier 19 opponents are tougher. Good news, I am no longer being offered an endless stream of very low value opponents.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    The new Drone Levels are out on IOS. There are 40 new levels, taking the Drone to 48.1M. The good news is that all of my XP modules have been restored. I also have in inventory 2 Generations of new weapons, 16.0, 4.1M and 19.0 26.2M. The cost of a level upgrade to Level 151 will be 39.27M Diamonds, a substantial increase over the 10.57M I paid to get to Level 150.

Also, the Drone update was accompanied by a change in the algorithm for opponents. tier 19 opponents are tougher. Good news, I am no longer being offered an endless stream of very low value opponents.

Reading through your post, I was waiting to get to the "Good News" :) and by new weapons I assume you're referring to MG and RL?

Also, how long did the upgrade take?

Also again, it took me 3 full vaults of about 14M to get from level 149 to 150, so your 10M may be on the low side BUT you reached 2.95M so long ago that is was BEFORE the cost increases, so for the rest of us the price is the same and THAT is the Good News I was looking for ... GLU can keep the rest LOL
  • Options
    Reading through your post, I was waiting to get to the "Good News" :) and by new weapons I assume you're referring to MG and RL?

Also, how long did the upgrade take?

Also again, it took me 3 full vaults of about 14M to get from level 149 to 150, so your 10M may be on the low side BUT you reached 2.95M so long ago that is was BEFORE the cost increases, so for the rest of us the price is the same and THAT is the Good News I was looking for ... GLU can keep the rest LOL

Yes, I know that prices have increased substantially, so the new price structure was not a real surprise.

One additional item: the "possible rewards" for PVP have changed: 64K, 410K and 510K are gone, replaced by 4.1M, 26.2M and 32.8M rewards.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Yes, I know that prices have increased substantially, so the new price structure was not a real surprise.

One additional item: the "possible rewards" for PVP have changed: 64K, 410K and 510K are gone, replaced by 4.1M, 26.2M and 32.8M rewards.

Ahhh now we're talking My Man ... now we're talking :) But 26.2M/32.8M parts sounds absurd.
  • Options
    Here is a screen shot of some of the new weapons that are available.

2llc478.jpg
  • Options
    That's what I'm talking about ... so were these "gifts" OR did you recently win these in PvP?
  • Options
    That's what I'm talking about ... so were these "gifts" OR did you recently win these in PvP?

They are the new rewards for PVP for Tier Base 19.
  • Options
    Here are all of the PVP rewards that are available for Tier Base 19.

2ij51lz.png

2qnpeud.png

10z61xf.png

b4uws3.png
  • Options
    Ok, here is the first change that I have noticed about the New Drone Update

My Drone from last night is level 146. Its power was 1.91M/2.95M.

o9fvk4.png

My Drone this morning is Level 146. Its power is now 2.24M/48.1M

2wq76mw.png

It has gain power in the display. Not that it matters, nothing has changed in battle.
  • Options
    Well the support drone power level itself is meaningless outside of the context of the level of weapon you can strap on right? GLU has also stated that drone effectiveness will not change after the upgrade, so the only difference is that we can now upgrade the drone even further than the current max, which was impossible to reach anyways :)

Is this starting to sound like the usual GLU circular reasoning again?
  • Options
    Well the support drone power level itself is meaningless outside of the context of the level of weapon you can strap on right? GLU has also stated that drone effectiveness will not change after the upgrade, so the only difference is that we can now upgrade the drone even further than the current max, which was impossible to reach anyways :)

Is this starting to sound like the usual GLU circular logic again?

You are correct in my estimation, I am still trying to find out what was lowered. So far, I am still looking. One thing that I have noticed is 18.5 SPANISH BOOT HEAVY does not seem to be as powerful as before the update. It is taking me longer to defeat a SR battle with it, but it is still not a problem winning the battle.
  • Options
    OK, I found out what they lowered. They lowered the XP value of the drone weapons. the cost to use the modules remained the same. It does not appear to make a much of a difference because they lowered the total experience needed for the upgrade as shown.

New weapon values

1111leh.png

Old weapons values

2iw0vib.png

Old Weapon Upgrade

10f3jix.png

New Weapon upgrade

rsephc.png

So before the upgrade, the 510K MG had an XP value of 85,000 after the upgrade it has a value of 5,000 XP.

The total experience need for a Level 3 MG upgrade dropped from 2,559,000 to 147,000.

The net change appears to be an actual reduction of 33.23K of diamonds, if my figures are correct.
  • Options
    Sounds about right, I'll know better when I finally get the upgrade. Thank you as always "SHUTTER" :)

With regards to The Boot, let's just say it is functioning the way it should :):):)

Here's a drone development tip: Once you've got your support drone up to 4.1M (which is what you want to concentrate on at first), you can strap on a 4.1M Machine Gun (for example) and recycle your existing MG part with all the XP you've expended on that weapon to date.
  • Options
    Sounds about right, I'll know better when I finally get the upgrade. Thank you as always "SHUTTER" :)

With regards to The Boot, let's just say it is functioning the way it should :):):)

Here's a drone development tip: Once you've got your support drone up to 4.1M (which is what you want to concentrate on at first), you can strap on a 4.1M Machine Gun (for example) and recycle your existing MG part with all the XP you've expended on that weapon to date.

As far as the BOOT, it is not a real big issue, because my feeling was that of surprise while using it, because it did seem to be way over powered.

As far as the MG, you have correctly guessed or advised me to raising the drone to 4.1M so that I can strap on the 4.M MG weapon. I never was able to get the 740K MG and that is the reason why it is lagging behind in my development. By the time that I joined a Clan, I was able to get the other 3 weapons from Clan Global events, but was never able to get the MG.

Then CLU screwed everything up for me, anyway, when they started this silly Clan War mess.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    You are correct in my estimation, I am still trying to find out what was lowered. So far, I am still looking. One thing that I have noticed is 18.5 SPANISH BOOT HEAVY does not seem to be as powerful as before the update. It is taking me longer to defeat a SR battle with it, but it is still not a problem winning the battle.

Can you tell me the damage power on the upgrade screen (not weapon power of 24.58M) of the Spanish Boot? I'm sure that's what made it so powerful before. I knew this would be corrected, my estimate is they dropped it by 1/10.

I also have a Judas Cradle upgraded to 70% 38.47M weapon power, and damage at 2,482,176 and the Boot puts it to shame.
  • Options
    You were right about the limited lifetime. After using it sparingly I would estimate that @60% it had the effectiveness of a 20.5 weapon out of the box. As with the Judas Cradle it will still be effective vs TIER 19 opponents.

Onward and upward !!!
  • Options
    R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
    If I might inquire, why are you asking "Please let us know what you think!" If there is one thing that all CKS players know, the Dev Team does not care what we think!!!!

The Dev Team is going to do what the Dev Team wants, whether the players like it or not.

Case in point, CKS 3.0 was released with a major change to the Battle Algorithm and we the players had to suffer when are weapons were too strong for our defense level and we had all kinds of problems surviving. What did the Dev Team tells us, but that they thought that the change made for a better battle match up.

The Dev Team decided to change the prize structure in league play, in order to ensure that all players played as hard as they could. Instead, we now have a system that causes the players to slow play and (for most players) trying to not take first place because the weapon parts that are awarded for 1st place are different that the parts that we just won in global.

Then during the CKS 4.0 update, the cost to upgrade the drone was doubled and the cost to upgrade the weapons went up 6 times. When the players questioned why the raise in cost, we were told by the Dev Team, that cost for drone upgrades had not changed. When we submitted proof that the costs had indeed changed, now the players are being told, "well we forgot to raise the cost of the upgrading the drone and this is the cost the Dev Team had planned for the cost to be all along. Or in other words, it is just too bad, but it is our "ball" and you are going to play the "game" the way we want it played.

So again, I ask the question, what the Dev Team care about what we think, is it going to make a difference???

The only good thing that I can say about this post, is at least now we know that league play will be interrupted and that will have a big consequence for those that are trying to win weapon parts to complete the weapon from the previous Global event.

I don't even want to start in about the Dev Team deciding to replace our Global Event, with the Clan War that we currently have.

For IOS players, league play will start later than normal. If the downtime is only 2 hours as stated, then US players will not be affected, as we will be sleeping. But for the rest of the world, they will be affected, as there will be an interrupt right in the middle of the 1st day of league. For Amazon players, the interrupt will be during the 2nd day of league play.

Hopefully, the usual will not happen, as has happened with all of GLU's update, and that is the 2 hours ends up turning into 6 or 8 hours or longer, which really puts a crimp into league play.

Well said...
  • Options
    OK I'll bite ... it's 07:35 AM EST and no upgrade as yet. MAX POWER is still 2.95M, PvP REWARDS still returning 64K weapons parts ... Oh well.

Now I did notice that the game had exited overnight (usually it stays up and running). When I attempted to start it the first time, it wouldn't load. When I attempted it a second time, the "original" game started up. After 3 PvP battles, 1st PLACE has only 26 VP, so something happened last night to bring down the game for several hours.

Explanations please CKS HQ ???

Am I one of the unlucky OR did the entire upgrade fail (get postponed) ???

Only your hairdresser knows for sure !!! :)
  • Options
    Are you kidding me guys? You mean to say there is nobody else who DID NOT receive the update?

Maybe nobody cares LMAO

TRY_AGAIN did you get the update on Amazon?
  • Options
    Are you kidding me guys? You mean to say there is nobody else who DID NOT receive the update?

Maybe nobody cares LMAO

TRY_AGAIN did you get the update on Amazon?

Very odd that you have not received the update. As far as I could tell, there was not any real problems on IOS, I don't know how long the game was down, but at 6:30am, the game was up and running.

A fara as problems, 1 person in my clan reported that he lost all of his drone parts during the update, but global chat has been very quiet concerning any problems.
  • Options
    Very odd that you have not received the update. As far as I could tell, there was not any real problems on IOS, I don't know how long the game was down, but at 6:30am, the game was up and running.

A fara as problems, 1 person in my clan reported that he lost all of his drone parts during the update, but global chat has been very quiet concerning any problems.

Very odd indeed. I stopped playing yesterday around 8 PM and I can definitely say that the game was "down" overnight by looking at the low scores this morning; but that could be misleading due to the weapon being offered.

I suppose I won't know anything for a couple of hours when the GLUTONS come to work, but with CKS HQ at the helm, that's not guaranteed either. I expect the game will suddenly shut down without notice when they start the upgrade.

Par for the course at the GLU Factory. It's not a biggie though since it will be months before we'll notice any improvement in drone killing power.

I just wish GLU would stop tinkering around with the game and make improvements like better prizes, revert back to the CLAN GLOBAL and guaranteed delivery of prize awards. The gaming engine is as stable as it ever was OR ever will be ... LEAVE IT ALONE ... let the players play.
  • Options
    Only played 8 pvps this morning. Senior's device rebooted during the night, Juniors was running in background.

Yes no change on Amazon as of 4:30 AM EST this morning, I checked for drone max, and Spanish Boot being neutered.
  • Options
    New Content Update on IOS reverts from PVP rewards of new 4.1M, 26.2M, 32.8M back to the old 64K, 410K, 510K drone parts. What is up with that?

My guess is that the release of the higher values was a mistake which they have now rectified.