Options

01/28 TESLA GLOBAL (How Are We Doing?)

amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
We've finally got our 19.5 TESLA GLOBAL. I know it was a long time in coming and many are chomping at the bit to acquire one. After all, our last TESLA GLOBAL was on 11/26 (2 full months), so ENJOY !!!

TOP 10: 19.5 SIRIUS 59.98M - 90.44M
TOP 30: 19.5 ARCTURUS TESLA 49.15M-80.61M
@3,500: 19.5 BETELGEUSE 59.98M - 90.44M

@7,000: ???

... which in some ways is reminiscent of the 12/17 ASSAULT GLOBAL:

TOP 10: 18.5 SCALEMAIL 19.66M - 30.15M
TOP 30: 18.5 HAUBERK 16.38M - 26.87M
@3,500: 18.5 MISSLETOE 19.66M - 30.15M
@9,500: 19.5 HEL 49.91M (Chain Driven HEAVY)

... in another way we could be replaying the 01/14 VIP Event from two (2) weeks ago:

The VIP Top Prize was (you guessed it right) the 19.5 BETELGEUSE and the two Super VIP Prizes were the 20.5 URSA (ASSAULT) and the 20.5 TROLL (HEAVY).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there is an excellent chance there is a 20.5 HEAVY sitting atop the Super VIP, but is it yet another CHAIN DRIVE? *OR* a HEAVY with OPTICS, such as the TROLL.

Either way (although I'd like to grab a HEAVY), personally I cannot go through the BETELGEUSE to get there since I already own one that is 100% upgraded (excellent weapon BTW) :)

Two more weeks and we'll be talking about 21.5 HEAVIES/TESLAS and that's the ticket.

So I must pass on the whole enchilada and do what I do best ... cruise for milestone GOLD.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I guess some of the guys that bought into the latest super vip 20.5 tesla for 7000 gold feel a bit jilted to have the global now only put their new weapon 1 month ahead of the field. It's seems to me the regular vip's may be a safer bet?

Glu really needs to keep on a regular schedule, it just mucks up the game being interesting and relegates it to messed up.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    I guess some of the guys that bought into the latest super vip 20.5 tesla for 7000 gold feel a bit jilted to have the global now only put their new weapon 1 month ahead of the field. It's seems to me the regular vip's may be a safer bet?

Glu really needs to keep on a regular schedule, it just mucks up the game being interesting and relegates it to messed up.

Well my friend, it's been a "one month preview" for several months now. The last time the Super VIP placed us 2 months ahead of the pack was in the September time frame when the TOOBAD RELOADED Strategy (idea) was born.

The Super VIP is a fleeting experience and should only be the course of last resort for average players such as ourselves. The High-Rollers will be fine, that's why we call them High-Rollers. :)

As an after thought, the primary motivation behind "high powered" weapons is not killing power (secondary side-effect in most cases). To be quite honest, anyone who has reached TIER 19 and is current, is an adept killer whether they're using 18.5, 19.5 or 20.5 weapons. It's the diamond production that is the Key to The CKS Kingdom.

The better the weapons, the more diamonds you can accumulate; everything else from base to drone upgrades subsequently fall into place.

Speaking of "high" rollers and weapons ... vault takes routinely fall between 390K-410K these days and my New Record High Vault Take is 504.2K.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    No Global on IOS yet.

SuperVIP at 7000 Gold is 20.5 Mictlan Heavy, Gatling model, sucky!
    At 5750, 20.5 Caravan Sniper

No reason to go there.

VIP has a 5.9M HR at 1600. My Drone is now at Level 160, 6.01M, 5.9M MG and HR, 4.1M, SG and RL, no noticeable improvement from 2.18M weapons.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    No Global on IOS yet.

No reason to go there.

VIP has a 5.9M HR at 1600. My Drone is now at Level 160, 6.01M, 5.9M MG and HR, 4.1M, SG and RL, no noticeable improvement from 2.18M weapons.

Yeah I suspected there was a chain drive up there. :( I guess we'll have to play it by ear now since we're past the halfway point to TIER 20 with 21.5 weapons soon to follow.

Question ... is the vanilla PvP still in play? If so, who needs Globals; just grab the diamonds LOL
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Yeah I suspected there was a chain drive up there. :( I guess we'll have to play it by ear now since we're past the halfway point to TIER 20 with 21.5 weapons soon to follow.

Question ... is the vanilla PvP still in play? If so, who needs Globals; just grab the diamonds LOL

PVP is still in full effect on IOS. Here are the current AT Leaderboard standings and you can see I am in some trouble:

#1 108642 VP Patrickpiollot
    #2 99115 VP Bradr752
    #3 98529 VP Ausausa
    #4 95639 VP Tonyzaper23

As you can see, I am still 9.5 K out of first place, with Aus only 600 VP behind and TZ back only 3.5K. The rule is: If they play, I play. Today they are not playing.
  • Options
    PVP is still in full effect on IOS. Here are the current AT Leaderboard standings and you can see I am in some trouble:

#1 108642 VP Patrickpiollot
    #2 99115 VP Bradr752
    #3 98529 VP Ausausa
    #4 95639 VP Tonyzaper23

As you can see, I am still 9.5 K out of first place, with Aus only 600 VP behind and TZ back only 3.5K. The rule is: If they play, I play. Today they are not playing.

WOW ... it's getting pretty hot over there on IOS. In thoroughbred racing parlance, I'd say you guys are headed for a "photo finish" :) Another question ... How do you know they're not playing? I suppose you could periodically check the AT Leaderboard, but is it reliable in the absence of the Global?

If it were me, I'd make up as much ground as possible; for FREE of course.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    WOW ... it's getting pretty hot over there on IOS. In thoroughbred racing parlance, I'd say you guys are headed for a "photo finish" :) Another question ... How do you know they're not playing? I suppose you could periodically check the AT Leaderboard, but is it reliable in the absence of the Global?

If it were me, I'd make up as much ground as possible; for FREE of course.

*** SMILES ***

I track the AT Leaderboard, but a Global leaderboard would make it easier.

Since #5 is 10K back and #6 is 20K behind, I really only have to watch 3 players.
  • Options
    I track the AT Leaderboard, but a Global leaderboard would make it easier.

You've reached Level 160 on the support drone; I know you reported that 150-155 were hovering around 40M diamonds. What were the costs from 156-160 after you passed 4.1M on the support drone?
  • Options
    You've reached Level 160 on the support drone; I know you reported that 150-155 were hovering around 40M diamonds. What were the costs from 156-160 after you passed 4.1M on the support drone?

Costs aren't increasing very fast:

151 3.28M 1510 XP 39.53 M Diamonds
    152 3.5M 1515 XP 39.67 M Diamonds
    153 3.75M 1520 XP 39.80 M Diamonds
    154 4.01M 1525 XP 39.93 M Diamonds
    155 4.29M 1530 XP 40.06 M Diamonds
    156 4.59M 1535 XP 40.19 M Diamonds
    157 4.91M 1540 XP 40.32 M Diamonds
    158 5.25M 1545 XP 40.45 M Diamonds
    159 5.62M 1555 XP 40.71 M Diamonds
    160 6.01M 1560 XP 40.84 M Diamonds
  • Options
    Costs aren't increasing very fast:

151 3.28M 1510 XP 39.53 M Diamonds
    152 3.5M 1515 XP 39.67 M Diamonds
    153 3.75M 1520 XP 39.80 M Diamonds
    154 4.01M 1525 XP 39.93 M Diamonds
    155 4.29M 1530 XP 40.06 M Diamonds
    156 4.59M 1535 XP 40.19 M Diamonds
    157 4.91M 1540 XP 40.32 M Diamonds
    158 5.25M 1545 XP 40.45 M Diamonds
    159 5.62M 1555 XP 40.71 M Diamonds
    160 6.01M 1560 XP 40.84 M Diamonds

That's great to hear, so we're talking roughly 2 x full vaults per level. My goal is to reach 4.29M over the weekend (possibly further). I'll take the gloves off tonight and join the hard fight :)

In simple terms ... 100 PvP Victories (minimum) = 1 Level of Advancement (there's 40 new levels)

Admittedly an optimistic projection with regards to the newest in drone development; definitely NOT for the faint of heart. I anticipate many will abandon drone development (in a serious way) altogether since it requires some heart, considerable effort and a moderate amount of GOLD if you plan to continue base and weapons upgrades.

Baby steps gents ... lets get to 4.29M and reassess the situation. It may very well be more practical to reach 4.29M, strap on the 4.1Ms and start weapons upgrades; a subjective decision for sure.

Are you in it for the long haul? That's the first question to ask yourself, I would think.
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    No Global on IOS yet.

No reason to go there.

Global finally started on IOS platform around 8:30AM PST.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    Global finally started on IOS platform around 8:30AM PST.

Happy you could join the fight :) Any explanations for the delay?

I always liked short Globals; the shorter the better LOL
  • Options
    After closely monitoring my tablet's vitals, I've determined that power consumption of CKS (which is a resource hog anyways) is highest when a VIP Event is active; higher than PvP and Clan Wars. Obviously on the surface, this makes absolutely no sense at all so there must be something else running in the background sucking up juice when a VIP Event is running.

Clan War battles are infrequent and short in nature. PvP battles are relatively short. VIP Events are always running, but what the hell is going on under the hood to require that much power?

Something possibly "scanning" our game play and preferences and reporting back to HQ maybe? Unlikely ... I am determined to figure this one out though.

I am also trying to figure out why there are so few 4.1M weapons parts OR why they are even offered at all. The only practical purpose is to "jump" your weapons to 4.1M as soon as you reach 4.29M on the support drone; after that what's the point? If you wanted to upgrade your weapons, you could easily use the larger denomination parts, which are more plentiful ... I can't figure this one.

Here I am trying to make sense out what GLU does ... now THAT makes no sense LOL

Any insights BRAD?
  • Options
    After closely monitoring my tablet's vitals, I've determined that power consumption of CKS (which is a resource hog anyways) is highest when a VIP Event is active; higher than PvP and Clan Wars. Obviously on the surface, this makes absolutely no sense at all so there must be something else running in the background sucking up juice when a VIP Event is running.

Clan War battles are infrequent and short in nature. PvP battles are relatively short. VIP Events are always running, but what the hell is going on under the hood to require that much power?

Something possibly "scanning" our game play and preferences and reporting back to HQ maybe? Unlikely ... I am determined to figure this one out though.

I am also trying to figure out why there are so few 4.1M weapons parts OR why they are even offered at all. The only practical purpose is to "jump" your weapons to 4.1M as soon as you reach 4.29M on the support drone; after that what's the point? If you wanted to upgrade your weapons, you could easily use the larger denomination parts, which are more plentiful ... I can't figure this one.

Here I am trying to make sense out what GLU does ... now THAT makes no sense LOL

Any insights BRAD?

You are right about the scarcity of 4.1M parts. My theory is that Glu knows that they have little or no value either for upgrade or contribution to Clan Base upgrade, so you really only need one of each. (I inadvertently contributed my 4.1M MG parts to the Elites, and had difficulty obtaining a replacement.) Numerous 26 and 32 M parts are required for upgrades. In short, I am glad that they are rare, because multiple copies of the 4.1Ms serves only to clutter up the inventory.

I assume that the 5.9Ms will continue to be even more rare, along the lines of the 740 K Drone weapons. Since the 5.9Ms are only upgradeable to 23.6M I am still expecting the appearance of an intermediate power level Drone part between 5.9 and 26.2M. I assume that these will also be rare, premium value parts as well, probably VIP "door prizes" like the 5.9Ms.
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    This probably isn't the best place for this, but as I posted before, I started an Apple group character during the Christmas break, and I have a couple observations I'd like to make.

When I started my Amazon character over a year ago, only a couple campaigns had been released, and subsequent releases were at least a month apart. A result of the delay in new campaign releases was that player levels were usually in balance with their base tiers and guns.

It's been really eye-opening to start a new player, because that balance is gone. I've encountered tons of level 180 players with tier 12 (and lower) bases. Myself, I'm currently at level 148 (which is the second issue), with 11.5 primary guns (no secondaries) and my base is only tier 8 (power 19.44K) - that's pretty out of balance.

The consequence of that is that mismatch is that PvP matches are crazy. I'm often matched up against bases that look fair, until either I catch a case of sudden death because the base avatar has primary guns way more powerful than their base - one shot, one kill stuff - or I get down to the avatar, and their level is so high that my guns appear to have no effect. Thankfully, plentiful equipment from clan wars map spins has kept me in the game; even so, it's not unusual to have an avatar eat 4 grenades or rockets before they go down.

A second issue is that a couple weeks ago, I'm pretty sure that I was level 100, approaching 101, and I had a new content restart. All of a sudden, I was level 130, got 131, and have continued advancing normally since. Is that sort of glitchy level change a unique occurrence, or have others experienced it? I'm not going to open a support call to be demoted, especially roughly 8 times the health has mitigated the nearly full health to dead in one shot isser I noted earlier, but it feels pretty weird.
  • Options
    PYTHON (Good Morning) ... this is as best a place as any since this is where the "brain trust" will ALWAYS check in at some point.

I'm not sure if there is a question in your post somewhere, so I'll reply with my own observation(s). I would also refer you to your mate TRY_AGAIN as he is the resident expert on starting fresh.

My overall experiences with regards to GLU's handling of fixes and patches of issues, problems, glitches, etc. is that when an issue is discovered OR reported they will (if they do at all) remedy the problem going forward ... whether "forward" is a new release, content update, defense tier or region. They absolutely NEVER go back.

The consequence of that approach is that from our perspective, the problem never gets resolved when/where it was discovered, so when you start anew, whether it's CKS or MIRN (for example), you will experience all of the issues, some new, some worse, that you experienced the first time around. From a practical POV, the problems never actually get resolved, we simply move past them. This approach also cascades through the "food chain"; for example, how many times is Customer Care willing to assist on the same problem before they stop responding at all?

I can't remember actually when it occurred, but it was relatively early on ... there was a sudden level jump, as you described as going from level 100 to 130. Par for the course ... nothing new here.

As far as invincible opponents and sudden death, you were correct in your observation about "balance". When your setup becomes "out of bounds" all types of strange things occur with regards to matchups and weapon effectiveness.

Mathematically, if one were to NEVER upgrade their base, for example, but complete the campaign contracts to a high level, they could achieve an amazing amount of success in PvP with relatively low-powered weapons and finish on the leaderboard quite easily. They become invincible. This phenomenon doesn't exist at the higher tiers, but you will encounter it at lower levels. There are consequences to using this approach however; without a base there is no diamond production and no upgrades.

The game experience is fast and furious but short lived.

I once recommended to new players to ALWAYS complete your contracts first. I've grown to regret ever giving that advice because they ignored the second part about defense upgrades when they stumbled upon the "invincibility effect". They're all long gone by now.

On the flip side, once you start upgrading your base, you must keep everything in sync in order to be successful. A high defense tier without all the other components being at OR near that tier level is disastrous. A weapon rated well beyond your defense tier is a catastrophe.

Being an IT Pro like yourself, I could never understand why issues and problems would constantly resurface after seemingly being remedied by GLU, but I always suspected that it's the software architecture itself that was the problem not to mention that the game itself was never designed NOR expected to last as long as it has.
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    Speaking of recurring issues, now I've hit the level 150 -> 151 glitch on Apple (I thought they fixed that, except for the Amazon group) - I'm fighting campaign missions, but no longer advancing. I put in a customer support trouble call. Maybe that'll give me some time to build up my base a bit.
  • Options
    RANK #1: 12,857 AP (DRED)
    RANK #2: 12,646 AP (DAZ)
    RANK #3: 11,643 AP (NIKY1)
    RANK #11: 4,685 AP (ORLIIK)
    RANK #30: 3,782 AP (B2NOT2B)
    RANK #89: 2,296 AP (SCORPION) ... Global: goal is to advance support drone level to 155 (4.29M).

2,521 AP @ 04:52 PM EST.

• Options
    You are right about the scarcity of 4.1M parts. My theory is that Glu knows that they have little or no value either for upgrade or contribution to Clan Base upgrade, so you really only need one of each. (I inadvertently contributed my 4.1M MG parts to the Elites, and had difficulty obtaining a replacement.) Numerous 26 and 32 M parts are required for upgrades. In short, I am glad that they are rare, because multiple copies of the 4.1Ms serves only to clutter up the inventory.

I assume that the 5.9Ms will continue to be even more rare, along the lines of the 740 K Drone weapons. Since the 5.9Ms are only upgradeable to 23.6M I am still expecting the appearance of an intermediate power level Drone part between 5.9 and 26.2M. I assume that these will also be rare, premium value parts as well, probably VIP "door prizes" like the 5.9Ms.

I never noticed that the 4.1M parts were rare, but I checked my inventory and discover the following:

23 - 4.1M MG
    17 - 4.1M HR
    15 - 4.1M SG
    12 - 4.1M RL

So I guess I should consider myself fortunate.

But, I do have between 120 and 140 each of all of the 26.2M and the 32.8M parts, so far.
  • Options
    Global numbers on Apple platform with 2 Days 6 Hours 20 Mins to go:

#1 14971 M79T
    #2 13921 MANWITHTHEGOLD

#14 7860 TONYZAPER23

#30 5160 IAMPORKS

I am sitting #350 with 1460 points.
  • Options
    Global numbers on Apple platform with 1 Day 18 Hours to go:

#1 18421 M79T
    #2 17321 MANWITHTHEGOLD
    #10 11460 ANHMINH7482
    #13 10160 TONYZAPER23

#30 6421 QWASAR

I am sitting #356 with 1960 points.
  • Options
    RANK #1: 20,032 AP (DAZ)
    RANK #2: 17,217 AP (DRED)
    RANK #3: 12,019 AP (NIKY1)
    RANK #10: 6,785 AP (ORLIIK)
    RANK #30: 5,196 AP (GUNMAN)
    RANK #101: 3,357 AP (SCORPION) ... Global: goal is to advance support drone level to 155 (4.29M).

• Options
    RANK #1: 20,957 AP (DAZ)
    RANK #2: 17,510 AP (DRED)
    RANK #3: 12,019 AP (NIKY1)
    RANK #10: 7,671 AP (LEON000)
    RANK #30: 5,810 AP (MRPAKNE)
    RANK #58: 4,032 AP (SCORPION) ... Global: goal is to advance support drone level to 155 (4.29M).

• Options
    RANK #1: 23,182 AP (DAZ)
    RANK #2: 19,910 AP (DRED)
    RANK #3: 12,315 AP (NIKY1)
    RANK #10: 8,446 AP (LEON000)
    RANK #30: 6,382 AP (SWAGGERBROWN)
    RANK #39: 5,269 AP (SCORPION) ... Global: goal is to advance support drone level to 155 (4.29M).

• Options
    Global numbers on Apple platform with 1 Day 3 Hours to go:

#1 20879 WAZGONNAKILU
    #3 19146 MANWITHTHEGOLD
    #10 16085 YZ3RMAN
    #18 10610 TONYZAPER23

#30 7946 GREGLONGBOW

I am sitting #414 with 2471 points.
  • Options
    RANK #1: 27,818 AP (DAZ)
    RANK #2: 24,121 AP (DRED)
    RANK #3: 12,340 AP (NIKY1)
    RANK #10: 9,782 AP (ANCALAGON)
    RANK #30: 7,921 AP (19ILYUSH87)
    RANK #40: 6,005 AP (SCORPION) ... Global: goal is to advance support drone level to 155 (4.29M).

Hypothetical: How do we achieve a 4.29M support drone without losing ground (minimal cost)?

Statistical Sampling completed. Approximately 7,500-8,000 AP is required to advance 4 Levels on the support drone. TOOBAD (35 Parts) is in effect so it is possible to accomplish this using FREE energy along with 1,000 (milestone) GOLD in a single Global Event, playing 12 hours per event day (average).

Not "great" news, but it is an acceptable level of commitment; beyond Level 160 becomes problematic, but ... I'm working on it :)

• Options
    Global numbers on Apple platform with 16 Hours to go:

#1 23454 DBLOCK64
    #2 23390 WAZGONNAKILU

#10 16835 ANHMINH7482
    #21 11160 TONYZAPER23

#30 9546 CHILLMAN

I am sitting #365 with 3096 points.
  • Options
    RANK #1: 30,118 AP (DAZ)
    RANK #2: 25,521 AP (DRED)
    RANK #3: 13,554 AP (VOIPA)
    RANK #10: 10,957 AP (ANCALAGON)
    RANK #30: 8,460 AP (QUICKSILVERX)
    RANK #43: 6,505 AP (SCORPION) ... Global: goal is to advance support drone level to 155 (4.29M).

Cruising for the duration.

• Options
    RANK #1: 37,154 AP (DAZ)
    RANK #2: 35,532 AP (DRED)
    RANK #3: 15,386 AP (JACK018)
    RANK #10: 13,296 AP (LEON000)
    RANK #30: 9,021 AP (TEDDY)
    RANK #100: 6,905 AP (SCORPION) ... Statistical sampling completed.
    TOOBAD (19.5 ARCTURUS):
    GLOBAL EVENT (01/28/2016) --- RANK #100 (6,905 AP) --- 20 Parts Acquired; 30 Parts To Go.
    SILVER LEAGUE EVENT (DAY #1) --- N/A ---
    SILVER LEAGUE EVENT (DAY #2) --- N/A ---
    SILVER LEAGUE EVENT (DAY #3) --- N/A ---

Reevaluation of drone development is underway; competitive efforts are NOT anticipated until TIER 20.

TOP 90 Finish was thwarted as RANK evaporated from #60 to #100 in the final 60 seconds :(

SILVER LEAGUE Events: Milestone GOLD only is in play; I already own the 19.5 BETELGEUSE.

• Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Wow, that last minute push sounds insane? I might have shut the game off and deleted it permanently if that happened to me?

Got rank 23 and 25 with just under 6000 AP on Amazon. It was looking somewhat fluid at the bottom when I went to bed 6 hours before the end, but only dropped 3 places, so the concrete was set by then. Quite surprised at only 3 places with a delayed tesla.

There was a surprise rush on MIRN at our no.1 clan by the "we try harder" clan. I put in 6035 AP on that one to clinch rank 7, 239 win streak. I should have taken some speed to stay up with them to enjoy the rush, but it would have wiped out my gold stock and I wouldn't be posting refreshed after a good nights sleep.

I really feel like a bum, though! But at least basking in my new weapons... Picturing you right now - shacking your head.

Oh, and I'm sure you'll want to forgo the tesla, and go for the 1st place prize, the General, 49M Heavy with optics. Another brilliant move by Glu. What the heck is that curved appendage under the stock? A 22LR banana clip? - intimidating!