Options

Insufficient memory because of game data - not cache, clear data and game progress

2Next

Comments

• Options
    Guestkh1981Guestkh1981 Registered Users 252 Posts
    Yes am using the latest version
  • Options
    Jet LeeJet Lee Registered Users 33 Posts
    Yes am using the latest version

You are good to go.
  • Options
    Nothing is simple with apple products. The backup i made seems to have a password to it which i never gave. Cant make a recovery without that password. Read online abt it many ppl have this issue they usd password breakers to remove password. Lets see if i get the time for all this sh* t. Thanks apple and thanks glu.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Is it possible that the "recovery" password is the same password that you may have set for the device itself? Something similar to the passcode that "locks" your screen.

If so, there are several tools available for resetting that password I believe.

If you backed up the data to iCloud, for example, maybe you need to provide the iCloud password?

I know that when I backup OR restore to (from) either Microsoft's OneDrive or DropBox, I need to provide a password BEFORE I can access the backup files.

For OneDrive, that password also happens to be the same Windows 10 Password I use when I login to my laptop (single sign-on, if you will). Of course, this differs from setting a password on a single file or folder.

Consider it a learning experience that you will NEVER forget ...
    ... we just need to figure out what's going on.

This article specifically mentions being prompted for a passcode when restoring from iTunes:

http://appletoolbox.com/2012/08/forgot-iphoneipad-passcode-how-to-reset-your-passcode/

It also mentions booting into "recovery mode" to reset the passcode.

Since they mention using the iTunes software during the process, I am SMH because I personally feel that iTunes has got to be one of the most "temperamental" software programs ever conceived. :)

Let me know if any of this helps ...
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    5182hl.jpg well finally got it done. After battling with the itunes backup password i was finally able to solve that issue it turned out to be my icloud password that once i had used. I got the go ahead from glu for the restore delete thing so i took a back up then deleted the game and restored the game after that. It downloaded a few things before i could get back into the game. Now the load time is a little less but the pvp hanging issue is still there which i think is because of the old phone. At least i got to free up the phone now and have a backup for when things go wrong.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I am truly pleased that this can finally be put to bed. So the general sequence is (please confirm):

(1) Backup to iTunes
    (2) Delete CKS
    (3) Re-install CKS ... (not necessary, proceed directly to RESTORE) ... :cool:
    (4) Restore from iTunes

If you could fill in the details and create another thread ...
    ... I'm sure many, many iOS players will be grateful. :)

Looking back, I'm sure you'll agree that it was simple and painless ... you just let your paranoia get the best of you, I guess. LOL

Well Done !!!
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    •K4L1••K4L1• Registered Users 9 Posts
    I will give this a try.
    Be aware!!!!! Should this not work, I will come back and proclaim a very loud and stern "daaaagnabbit!"
  • Options
    Before u start with anything dont forget to take screen shots of ur game base, equiptment, maps, clan etc for safety. 1.take backup and check in itunes if the backup is present or not. Go to prefrences then devices and see if there is a backup file present in itunes. 2. After succesfull backup Delete cks from phone. 3. Restart phone. 4. Restore backup from itunes. Dont reinstall or download the game. 5. Restart phone run the game let it download stuff and u should be good to go. This worked on iphone4.