Options

Tips for a beginner?

tmantookietmantookie Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
Hello all,

I have been playing Cooking Dash and have gotten a fair amount of enjoyment out of it. The only problem is that I don't really know where to go from here. My current setup is:

1. Table Steaks (All stars, Series Finale finished)
2. Eats For Earth (Completed, working on stars)
3. Party Foul (Ditto)
4. Taco Train (Same)
5. Adventurous Eats (You guessed it)
6. Metal Chef: Italian (Series Finale unlocked, still trying to get all stars)
7. Cutie Cakes (Stuck in the middle of Season 4)
8. Out and Inning (Season 3)
9. Caveman Paleo (Season 3)
10. Chateau Creep (Season 3)
11. Country Fried Cabin (Season 3-ish)
12. VIP Valhalla (Season 2)

My XP Level is at the plateau after unlocking Super Alice where you don't get rewards for a while, and I only have VIPs up to Dinah. My current plan is to unlock venues as I earn each VIP; e.g. once I reach Hugo, I'll get Backyard BBQ. I'll save any remaining spinoffs for the holidays they're for. In the meantime, I'll invest in venues I already have.

Are there any flaws in my plan, and what Venues should I get next?

Comments

• Options
    SisterbearSisterbear Registered Users 113 Posts
    I say go for what you enjoy playing. I liked and found the sushi restaurant easy. The wonderland delights is very similar so I went to that one next. 
    I found hip hop Hala to be very easy, easiest level beyond the first 4. 

Im not big on spending a lot of money. I start new venues during free play. Then I spend 10-12 a week on upgrades on my new venues and slowly beat them. I also replay levels many times and try to memorize orders( I guess I fund this fun?) over buying autochefs. I also login every night and prep long recipes even if I'm not playing and watch all days it allows for the day. 

I think most most of us long time players had little choice of order to go in, we just played as levels came out. There was a time when the prep kitchen was changed and myself and many others took some time off or cut back on playing, thankfully glum listened and changed it back. During that time 4 venues were released so I finally had a choice. I watched videos on the new kevels and found ones I would like. Everyone is different, i dislike the lava level the most, don't like pirates either, or the Christmas ones, but like hip hop, sushi, taco and wonderland. 
  • Options
    djwombatdjwombat Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    My advice:
    1. Dont get too many venues if you havent fully upgraded the earlier venues. Try to make sure most, if not all your ingredients, decor and kitchen appliances are upgraded to at least level 3. 
    This is so you can get higher scores in Trial of Style. 

2. If you want to maximise gold, get those venue with spin-offs. This way your appliances carry over so you dont need to upgrade some of them in the spin-offs. These include Dreamy Delights in Cutie Cake and the Christmas Cabin stage and also Bavarian Fest from Medieval Dines. 

3. I personally dont like some stages because I find them extremely difficult. LIke the Alice in Wonderland stage, the Indian restaurant stage and the Enso Sushi stage. I suppose if you upgrade everything fully these stages would be simple. But there are other stages out there where I dont even need to upgrade everything fully and still do pretty ok. Like the Zero G Pizzeria or the Caveman Paleo stage. Depends on what you like and how much gold you have at your disposal i guess. 

4. I started playing this game in like 2011. Back then there was no Trial of Style. So i basically just aimed to beat each venue with just one star since there was no motivation for me to fully upgrade everything. Now times have changed and I have no choice but to upgrade as much as I can so i dont do that badly in trial of style. 

But if trial of style is not your priority then simply play what you like!!

• Options
    bluefire1983bluefire1983 Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    I’m pretty sure cooking dash only launched in 2015. I started when it began as well. 
  • Options
    djwombatdjwombat Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    I’m pretty sure cooking dash only launched in 2015. I started when it began as well. 
    Believe it or not i was playing it in 2011 on the old iPad2. Yeah.
    Of course now the ipad2 has been phased out. My ipad2 still works!! But you can't upgrade any apps or games on it now :(

So im playing the game on my iphone 6S nowadays. Small screens suck :(
    The game has improved a lot, from a marketing and sales perspective anyway. Like there was little reason 7 years ago to unlock Auto Chef for every stage. Like....why? Why would I want to make the game so easy for myself? Isnt the challenge in the microing? I also didn't even bother upgrading the food or appliances much. Like......why? As long as i could beat all levels in the restaurant with just one star, why would I bother using gold to upgrade stuff to level 3 and above?

Of course, trial of style has changed all that....