Options

Advice Needed: Should I buy the shotgun on sale right now with glu credits?

Currently there is a Region 6 shotgun for sale in the weapons store, only available to purchase with glu coins. It has a very quick fire rate:

A7FBmIb.jpg

However I already own the pervious one and it is fully maxed out. I have just barely enough coins to purchase this other gun but I'm not sure if I should do it. I may need those coins for a special Region 7 gun. What do you think? On another note, do you recall if this shotgun would have helped me with the recent Turkey Event (which is now over)? I didn't have enough coins to buy the blunderbuss. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ShiftlessDrifterShiftlessDrifter Registered Users 52 Posts
    Well, sale's over but I ended up buying it anyway in the nick of time. Kind of a waste. I was hoping the extra power would help knock out black bears and grey wolves more quickly and to a degree it does, but not quite as effective as I was hoping. Oh well, goodbye glu coins! :(

Fully upgraded it set me back about $100,000 bucks after the purchase.
  • Options
    g 78 33g 78 33 Registered Users 158 Posts
    I wouldn't you already own a region 6 shotgun I would save your gold up for the holiday hunts or region 7 when it comes out,no point in owning 2 shotguns for the same level
  • Options
    WUS-WUSWUS-WUS Registered Users 204 Posts
    Hold onto them for something special you never know.
  • Options
    A little late now, don't you think?
  • Options
    WUS-WUSWUS-WUS Registered Users 204 Posts
    They had that shotgun on there before the thanksgiving hunts but took it off for the holiday, I'm guessing we will see other special weapons soon too. The shotgun itself is not that big of an improvement over the cash gun but some people like the best.
  • Options
    It's actually nice for onslaught hunts for the wolves, which are particularly vicious. If you don't act quickly you'll get eaten. Sometimes I can squeeze off two shots while they're leaping up at me, (because it's a semi-auto so the fire rate is much quicker). In my panic I sometimes miss the first time but the second shot will get them. It doesn't always work out, but then, if I play my cards right I can kill 3 wolves before they even get close to me. The extra power will cripple them with a single shot and a second will kill them. I can usually kill at least two from afar and then only have to deal with one leaping up at me.

However, since you have to buy the gun with glu coins it's not something I really recommend to other people unless you have a boatload of coins to blow.