Options

Leadership Boards - The right count?

MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
The boards show the number of hunts of, and the number of animals killed by, each player. Nobody should feel offended, but considering that after playing the game a number of times any player perfectly knows how many animals are in each hunt, the regions where the series of animals to be killed are longer, and the exact point of the screen where they "take off", killing 15 moose in region 3 or 15 gnu in region 4 with a region 8 assault riffle which kills them with one shot, does not evidence any particular skills IMO.

I do not know if this would be difficult (from a game design point of view) but there might be other ways to better recognize leadership (in terms of skills). For instance, quickness in completing some specially difficult hunts (I read that someone completed the 12 Canadian geese in 40 seconds or something like that). Or killing difficult targets of high regions with certain weapons (the 5 hyenas of region 7 with a pistol) or with difficult shots (head shots only).

Just an idea to start a friendly discussion (to kill some time till region 9 is released ... ;))

Comments

• Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    What about a leader board for heart or lung shots? The game already recognizes heart and lung shots. I think that would be easy to do. Even with an infrared scope a moving target is a little challenging hitting the heart or lung.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    TMan2TMan2 Registered Users 35 Posts
    I agree, even if there were just a set of achievements to work toward. Such as 5 heart shots in one hunt, I know Game Center on the iPhone has a few achievements but I completed those long ago. It would be great to have things to accomplish between events and new region releases.
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    I like the thought of having a board for heart, lung, and brain shots. No extra cash for a brain shot but it is probably the hardest, especially on animals that don't charge.
  • Options
    MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    What about a leader board for heart or lung shots? The game already recognizes heart and lung shots. I think that would be easy to do. Even with an infrared scope a moving target is a little challenging hitting the heart or lung.

I vote for that. And also for eye shots. The game also recognizes eye shots already.
  • Options
    mwrhgcmwrhgc Registered Users 134 Posts
    How bout number of moose killed in a day.. !ive killed a trillion moose or mooses .. MOOSE HUNTER 2014.. woo hoo(se)!!.
  • Options
    mwrhgcmwrhgc Registered Users 134 Posts
    Kyra420 wrote: »
    I like the thought of having a board for heart, lung, and brain shots. No extra cash for a brain shot but it is probably the hardest, especially on animals that don't charge.

I wonder why the game doesnt pay for brain shots ? Not that 5-10 extra bucks makes a difference but i always go for the extra money and avoid the brain altho if it paid that wouldnt be the case.. makes having it in your scope kind of a waste.
  • Options
    g 78 33g 78 33 Registered Users 158 Posts
    I would also like to see the eye shots count for something it's an extremely small target on an animal that is usually moving and to pull off that shot should be worth something.
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    mwrhgc wrote: »
    I wonder why the game doesnt pay for brain shots ? Not that 5-10 extra bucks makes a difference but i always go for the extra money and avoid the brain altho if it paid that wouldnt be the case.. makes having it in your scope kind of a waste.

Yeah 5 or 10 bucks more really makes no difference. Eye or brain shots, lol, we just like shooting stuff in the head. It is nice to try to drop everything with a heart shot too.