Options

Read if you did not recieve your Region 9 reward gun OR Region 9 is not unlocking

DISCLAIMER - This is for iOS only. We are not ignoring Android but we have different teams doing iOS and Android and I'm not involved on the Android side. Once we have a fix for iOS we will pass it over to the Android team for them to fix it as well.

Hey everyone, we need your help in getting these two issues fixed. Sadly we have not been able to reproduce these issues internally so we need YOUR help. We need to get your save file so we can track down why this is happening. We are asking people who are having either of these issues to follow the instructions below. If you have not entered a ticket yet we will ask you to do so and attach the file to it. If you have an open ticket make sure to update it with the subject line and attach the file.

FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY:

For those using iOS, have version 1.2.2 and did not receive the prize rewards from the Alpine Sportsman OR cannot access Region 9 after having already completed the Trophy Hunts in Region 8.

1. Download iExplorer from http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/
2. Install iExplorer
3. Launch iExplorer. Select continue to use in Demo Mode
4. Connect iOS device. If device has a password enter it on the device and have device on home screen before device will load in iExplorer
5. Double Click Apps
6. Double Click DH 2014 folder
7. Double Click Documents
8. Select SaveData.txt and drag it to a place on your computer

Once you have the file you need to update your open ticket or create a new one.

To submit a ticket, go to this link: http://glumobile.custhelp.com/app/ask

VERY IMPORTANT - In the Subject line put one of the following for the issue you are having.
ROONE - Region 9 Guns
ROONE - Region 9 Unlock

After filling in the required fields, at the bottom of the form click on “Browse” to attach SaveData.txt then click continue to submit.

Thanks a ton for your help in tracking down these issues!

Comments

• Options
    Nuno1954Nuno1954 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Region 9 does not unlock. I have completed region 8 trophy hunts a month ago. Now it says I have to complete trophy hunts in Region 8 first, in order to unlock. But they are all completed!
    Playing on IPad 2 either in Wireless or 3G
  • Options
    ToroTerrorToroTerror Registered Users 2 Posts
    Same here. Yours is the first post that matches my issue on iOS.
  • Options
    MowermanMowerman Registered Users 1 Posts
    Same for me. IOS 7.0.4 I pad 2, symptoms same as post #1
  • Options
    RobsterthermidorRobsterthermidor Registered Users 6 Posts
    First of all it says you have to purchase ixplorer which I'm not prepared to do for your **** up, spent enough money on this game and now you want us to fix your bug issues by spending more dosh! Have you struck a commission deal with iexplorer or something?
  • Options
    GatormanGatorman Registered Users 12 Posts
    Same problem here, Region 9 will not unlock !!! All region 8 trophy hunts completed a month ago. Ipad 3....*** ???
  • Options
    PJUK1PJUK1 Registered Users 6 Posts
    First of all it says you have to purchase ixplorer which I'm not prepared to do for your **** up, spent enough money on this game and now you want us to fix your bug issues by spending more dosh! Have you struck a commission deal with iexplorer or something?

It's a free demo.
  • Options
    RobsterthermidorRobsterthermidor Registered Users 6 Posts
    Must be on a different page then, mine says cheapest download is $34.99! Sod that
  • Options
    Yep, guess you have got it wrong.
  • Options
    JgbiffJgbiff Registered Users 4 Posts
    ROONE,
    I sent in a ticket but didn't know how to attach the download from the program you recommended. I have a copy and would be willing to email it.
    Jgbiff
  • Options
    ScubachrisScubachris Registered Users 1 Posts
    I also cannot access region 9 on my iPhone 5 even though I've finished my trophy hunts in region 8 weeks ago. What a rip.
  • Options
    PrtclMn001PrtclMn001 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Scubachris wrote: »
    I also cannot access region 9 on my iPhone 5 even though I've finished my trophy hunts in region 8 weeks ago. What a rip.

Same. And I have no PC or Mac at my current location with which to download this iExplorer thing.

iPad 2 iOS 7.0.4.

This must mean I am out of luck? I may end up just deleting the app then...
  • Options
    Corts29Corts29 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Just posted mine with the same problem. I agree, either send a new update to fix the problem or I'm deleting the app as well
  • Options
    tadeo0tadeo0 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I have the same issue. I would delete the game but I have already spent over 50 bucks on it. What a rip off. And there is no update in sight.
  • Options
    Dan9167Dan9167 Registered Users 1 Posts
    When I click on this link, I keep getting an error statement stating "Safari failed to download"
  • Options
    Da.FreakDa.Freak Registered Users 4 Posts
    I also had trouble downloading IExplore with chrome & ie. Download failed I tried my trusty desktop the my lappy with no luck. Is there any way to patch another trophy hunt on region8 to activate region9 trigger?
  • Options
    Nuno1954Nuno1954 Registered Users 3 Posts
    The IE issue is only for debugging.
    This bug happened with the last software update. I was downloading region 9, but it crashed, and blocked since then.
    They will have to fix, and post another update on Apple store.
  • Options
    songbird280songbird280 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Is anyone having issues with the game freezing entirely while hunting? This keeps happening to me in region 9, I have to reset my tablet everytime it happens
  • Options
    RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    I want to thank EVERYONE who sent in their save file to help us reproduce these two issues! We have a fix for the Region 9 unlocking that we are currently testing to make sure everything looks good. Once we determine that it's not going to blow up anything we will be pushing it live.

As for those who did not receive their Alpine Sportsman reward weapons we are still looking into why they are not being awarded. We did receive save files that had this issue and our coders are walking through what's going on with that. At this time we do not have a fix but we are working hard on getting one!

We deeply appreciate every person who helped us get these tracked down and we are looking forward to bringing you all some very cool things in the future!
  • Options
    Roone wrote: »
    I want to thank EVERYONE who sent in their save file to help us reproduce these two issues! We have a fix for the Region 9 unlocking that we are currently testing to make sure everything looks good. Once we determine that it's not going to blow up anything we will be pushing it live.

As for those who did not receive their Alpine Sportsman reward weapons we are still looking into why they are not being awarded. We did receive save files that had this issue and our coders are walking through what's going on with that. At this time we do not have a fix but we are working hard on getting one!

We deeply appreciate every person who helped us get these tracked down and we are looking forward to bringing you all some very cool things in the future!

Thanks for the update on progress, looking forward to getting into level 9 soon!
  • Options
    d1n0d1n0 Registered Users 2 Posts

So sorry, just got the update, still same issue, region 9 still locked

Thanks
  • Options
    d1n0 wrote: »
    So sorry, just got the update, still same issue, region 9 still locked

Thanks

The update to fix region 9 unlock JUST went out at 2:17 PM PST on iOS. Android should be coming out shortly as well. If after getting this update and you are still unable to access region 9 reply here! Thanks!

We are still working on a fix for the Alpine Sportsman weapon unlocks. Once we have a fix I will let you all know!

Thanks for all your help in getting this fix in!
  • Options
    Tom SchertzTom Schertz Registered Users 2 Posts
    Where do we get the update?
  • Options
    PrtclMn001PrtclMn001 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Working for me now, thanks.
    Where do we get the update?

I just opened the App and it updated by itself (iOS)
  • Options
    Da.FreakDa.Freak Registered Users 4 Posts
    Thanks Glu team for this issue fix. Great Work....Any chance of free gold or a gift pack off hollow tips and energy drinks for the in inconvenience of the pain and suffering off the delay of region 9 ... ;-p
  • Options
    ChrisS1965ChrisS1965 Registered Users 14 Posts
    Still not loading for me. Checking for Updates and Preparing DH screens load but then it freezes on the next screen prior to it loading any of my game data. After 10 seconds or so it boots me out NOT A HAPPY BUNNY.
  • Options
    d1n0d1n0 Registered Users 2 Posts
    The update to fix region 9 unlock JUST went out at 2:17 PM PST on iOS. Android should be coming out shortly as well. If after getting this update and you are still unable to access region 9 reply here! Thanks!

We are still working on a fix for the Alpine Sportsman weapon unlocks. Once we have a fix I will let you all know!

Thanks for all your help in getting this fix in!

Thanks!!! Working great now!
  • Options
    DaCandyManDaCandyMan Registered Users 1 Posts
    I'm on an iPad Air and still no joy since update last Friday. Game won't load at all. I get the Glu hunter for a few seconds, then back to the iPad home screen.

Help!!!
  • Options
    Hangs at the start of the game were not addressed by these issues. We are investigating these hangs and will let people know once we have a solution. Thanks! Un-stickying and locking this thread as the region entry is fixed.
  • Options
    satchamosatchamo Registered Users 17 Posts
    DaCandyMan wrote: »
    I'm on an iPad Air and still no joy since update last Friday. Game won't load at all. I get the Glu hunter for a few seconds, then back to the iPad home screen.

Help!!!

Same problem here since last Thursday. I have a ticket in but no feedback or support in this matter. May just delete app all together if things arent sorted out soon.....