Options

Region 9 Lockjaw

Here's a tip. Maybe some of you already know this but just thought I'd share.

I've been able to accumulate lots of $ quickly by killing Lockjaw with a non heart shot. Of course the heart shot will give you the full 112K $but killing him other ways will give you 12201$. Simple math it uses two energy to hunt Lockjaw so basically 6100 per energy which is more $ than you'll get from any of the contract hunts.

Just gonna keep killing Lockjaw like this until region 10 comes out.

Good hunting!

Comments

• Options
    Peteroc317Peteroc317 Registered Users 55 Posts
    Sounds like mucho fun
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    I've already got 14 million bucks and sod all to spend it on!
  • Options
    g 78 33g 78 33 Registered Users 158 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    I've already got 14 million bucks and sod all to spend it on!

I've got 12 million and all the money is useless until they open up something else worth hunter bucks which will be another month or so
  • Options
    Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    I killed El Grande about 200 times. I accidentally killed him with a heart shot while he was enjoying his last meal of grass. He was facing me, head down, and eating. At the last second, just as I hit the fire button he looked up. Heart shot. Oh well, time to move onto Lockjaw.
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • Options
    HeerDunter2014HeerDunter2014 Registered Users 39 Posts
    LOL I also accidentally killed El Grande too haha. I'm making sure not to kill Lockjaw on accident! Headshot FTW!
  • Options
    Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    Where do you find these two El Grande and Lockjaw?
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    Tanner96 wrote: »
    Where do you find these two El Grande and Lockjaw?

El Grande is final trophy hunt of region 8 and Lockjaw is final trophy hunt of region 9.
  • Options
    Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    Thanks, I have already done those. I thought there may have been something I missed.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Options
    IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts
    I accidentally killed El Grande too but not before I racked up about 8 million so I didn't really care.
  • Options
    Chris0919Chris0919 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Level 9 won't open, it's still locked. Says til all level 8 trophy hunts are done, but I have finished me weeks ago. How do I get past this
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Sticky thread at top of forum page for issues experianced with dh2014 wish hunter bucks could buy more seem to accumalate 2, 000 000 between regions playing contact hunts with little to spend 'em on
    ( + )
  • Options
    BillyBogBillyBog Registered Users 5 Posts
    I've been shooting Lockjaw for a couple days now two or three times a day.

I was doing the same with El Grande until he charged me (after I failed to 1-shot kill him) and the game determined that my shotgun blast to his legs was a heart shot.
  • Options
    hendoggerhendogger Registered Users 14 Posts
    Do you think if I kill Lockjaw about 250 times with a brain shot, that I will accumulate enough money for region 10 fully equipped with rifle, shotgun and assault rifle?
  • Options
    garymckinnon31garymckinnon31 Registered Users 176 Posts
    You will probably need about 2 million dollars for region 10 but there is a assault rifle event coming in a couple of days. You can win a shotgun for region 10. My guess keep killing lock jaw I've been doing it for 2 weeks now
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Can't see any point in doing that. I quite regularly get around 5,900 bucks for a contract hunt, so you're only making an extra couple of hundred on top...
  • Options
    BounderbyBounderby Registered Users 31 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    Can't see any point in doing that. I quite regularly get around 5,900 bucks for a contract hunt, so you're only making an extra couple of hundred on top...

Exactly. Also you only get one shot for your two energy bars. I'd rather shoot quail and gazelle and eland (but not moose...I'm seriously overdosed on moose) and have a bit of fun.
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    I also like to get as much killing in as I can for my energy. Only time I go kill Lockjaw is if I know I have extra energy before I am going to level up.
  • Options
    mwrhgcmwrhgc Registered Users 134 Posts
    Kyra420 wrote: »
    I also like to get as much killing in as I can for my energy. Only time I go kill Lockjaw is if I know I have extra energy before I am going to level up.

Ive never seen the point of killing lockjaw over and over for a couple hundred bucks...im with those that want more bangs for my bucks and energy.. the contract hunts give some variety ..not the greatest (moose..mooses..meese....)but rekilling one animal wouldnt be much fun
  • Options
    mwrhgcmwrhgc Registered Users 134 Posts
    hendogger wrote: »
    Do you think if I kill Lockjaw about 250 times with a brain shot, that I will accumulate enough money for region 10 fully equipped with rifle, shotgun and assault rifle?

You will make 2200 more if u make a lung shot instead.. right?