Options

New event ... new fiasco ... So no surprise. Business as GLUsual

MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
The new Pachyderm Shotgun event arrived in town, ladies and gentlemen!

Everyone thought that the Seeker would be the special weapon required to complete the event. But the Seeker is a gun that could be obtained without using gold coins so ... wait a moment! There is something wrong here ... Special events aaaaalways require some (or many) gold coins so ... where is the trick?

And although the event weapon is the Seeker (as expected), you need to reach hunt #31 (of a series of 60) to finally find the trick: you cannot progress unless you upgrade the sight of your Seeker. And that, my friend, costs gold coins.

For those of us who, although sitting on a pile of millions of hunter bucks do not have gold coins because we do not want to put real money on this and do not have the option of watching videos (I am offered to see 1 video every 4/5 days) ... hunt #30 means the end of the event. No Pachyderm shotgun (which will probably be the key to complete another special event in the future, maybe with gold coin upgrades like this time). So let's take a break until region 10 is released.

Frustrating? No. Just expected. Business as GLUsual. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    What kind of computer/OS/platform are you using? There seems to be a big difference in the game depending on it. I use an iPad to play which hasn't required the use of gold yet...currently on 45 of 60.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    David T wrote: »
    What kind of computer/OS/platform are you using? There seems to be a big difference in the game depending on it. I use an iPad to play which hasn't required the use of gold yet...currently on 45 of 60.

I am on iPad. When I was on 28 I got a message that a new update had been downloaded and I should restart the app. Maybe this is the reason (if you have not downloaded the update yet). The game told me that a 8.5 sigth is needed. My Seeker has a 7 sigth (the maximum that can be get with hunter bucks), so end of the fun ....
  • Options
    Menipo wrote: »
    I am on iPad. When I was on 28 I got a message that a new update had been downloaded and I should restart the app. Maybe this is the reason (if you have not downloaded the update yet). The game told me that a 8.5 sigth is needed. My Seeker has a 7 sigth (the maximum that can be get with hunter bucks), so end of the fun ....

I found a solution which seems to work: I have used as secondary an assault rifle with a sigtht 8.5+ (Barbarian) and it allows me to progress (for the time being). I will keep you updated.
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I upgraded infared on seeker sight just won pachederm gun it's a beast! Did cost glu credits to buy sight assault hunt 31 but winning new shotgun was a bonus!
    ( + )
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Odd, I'm on an iPad and have completed 50/60 hunts with no sight upgrades required...??
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    Odd, I'm on an iPad and have completed 50/60 hunts with no sight upgrades required...??

Same here and I have completed all 60...no $$ spent.
    Say What??
  • Options
    Bossman71Bossman71 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Am I missing something? How did any of you purchase a Seeker without using gold?
  • Options
    appliancedudeappliancedude Registered Users 113 Posts
    At 45 of60. The only gold I've spent was to buy the gun.
  • Options
    Bossman71 wrote: »
    Am I missing something? How did any of you purchase a Seeker without using gold?

Early starters had the opportunity to buy with bucks it would seem. Others won the Seeker in the Christmas Holiday Hunts.
  • Options
    I found a solution which seems to work: I have used as secondary an assault rifle with a sigtht 8.5+ (Barbarian) and it allows me to progress (for the time being). I will keep you updated.

I just completed the 60 hunts without the need of using gold coins and got the Pachyderm, thanks to the trick of equipping a x8.5 + sight assault rifle as secondary when needed (and keeping the Seeker as primary, as it is the special event gun).

I should have thought of that trick when the problem appeared ...

Those of you who completed the 60 hunts without any problem maybe had the Seeker fully-fully upgraded when the series started. When I say fully-fully I mean with the upgrades that require gold (sight (x7 +15) and capacity (23+15)). Otherwise I do not understand how you did not get the "need a x8.5 sight" message (at hunt #31). My Seeker is fully upgraded but only with (all) the upgrades that can be bought with hunter bucks so it had a x7 sight.

Anyway, the outcome is that the series can be completed without spending any gold coin if you have an assault rifle like the region 3 Hammer, region 4 MAK-5, region 5 Enforcer, region 6 Cavalier or Stockman, or region 7 Barbarian and equip it as secondary when required (keeping the Seeker as primary).
  • Options
    That's good to know didn't realise this!
    ( + )
  • Options
    I was not called to go above 18 capacity and the max zoom of the non-gold sights is 11.5, so I have no clue why you were asked for anything gold related...
  • Options
    RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    The new Pachyderm Shotgun event arrived in town, ladies and gentlemen!

Everyone thought that the Seeker would be the special weapon required to complete the event. But the Seeker is a gun that could be obtained without using gold coins so ... wait a moment! There is something wrong here ... Special events aaaaalways require some (or many) gold coins so ... where is the trick?

And although the event weapon is the Seeker (as expected), you need to reach hunt #31 (of a series of 60) to finally find the trick: you cannot progress unless you upgrade the sight of your Seeker. And that, my friend, costs gold coins.

For those of us who, although sitting on a pile of millions of hunter bucks do not have gold coins because we do not want to put real money on this and do not have the option of watching videos (I am offered to see 1 video every 4/5 days) ... hunt #30 means the end of the event. No Pachyderm shotgun (which will probably be the key to complete another special event in the future, maybe with gold coin upgrades like this time). So let's take a break until region 10 is released.

Frustrating? No. Just expected. Business as GLUsual. :rolleyes:

None of the missions should require the sight upgrade for the G&H Seeker that costs coins. I'm guessing that you have an Android since you said coins rather than gold. Can you post a screen shot of the upgrade screen as this might be a bug on the Android team.

Thanks!
  • Options
    pistoff wrote: »
    I was not called to go above 18 capacity and the max zoom of the non-gold sights is 11.5, so I have no clue why you were asked for anything gold related...

I was not called to increase the capacity (only sight/zoom). My Seeker (upgraded to the maximum that hunter bucks allowed me) has a 23 capacity. It is possible to increase it to 48 by paying 167 golden coins. The max zoom of my Seeker (upgraded to the maximum that hunter bucks allowed me) is 7 (not 11.5). Mine can be increased to 22 by paying 267 gold coins.

So you are talking about a different assault rifle or our respective Seekes are different. I do not find any other explanation for the differences.
  • Options
    RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    I was not called to increase the capacity (only sight/zoom). My Seeker (upgraded to the maximum that hunter bucks allowed me) has a 23 capacity. It is possible to increase it to 48 by paying 167 golden coins. The max zoom of my Seeker (upgraded to the maximum that hunter bucks allowed me) is 7 (not 11.5). Mine can be increased to 22 by paying 267 gold coins.

So you are talking about a different assault rifle or our respective Seekes are different. I do not find any other explanation for the differences.

Ok I think I see what the confusion is. There is a stat for the gun called Max Zoom. That needs to be set to 8.5 to enter mission 31 . You get that by upgrading your scope twice to Level 2 as you can see in the upper right hand screen of the upgrade screen. I think you might have mixed up the Scope Level with the stat Max Zoom. Level 7 DOES cost gold but that is because it adds Infrared to a weapon that normally does not.
  • Options
    Roone wrote: »
    Ok I think I see what the confusion is. There is a stat for the gun called Max Zoom. That needs to be set to 8.5 to enter mission 31 . You get that by upgrading your scope twice to Level 2 as you can see in the upper right hand screen of the upgrade screen. I think you might have mixed up the Scope Level with the stat Max Zoom. Level 7 DOES cost gold but that is because it adds Infrared to a weapon that normally does not.

You are absolutely right, Roone. Thank you very much for the clarification.

I apologize for the confusion and the noise created. I think that this thread should be eliminated because it is based on a confusion and I do not want to confuse others ...

Thanks again.
  • Options
    That'll be why I never noticed any issues, I was using the level 2 sight already! :D
  • Options
    Oh well at least I got infared on the seeker now I was confused too!
    ( + )
  • Options
    north hunternorth hunter Registered Users 14 Posts
    i unlocked the pachyderm last night i only had 120 glu credits put got a discoun so i bought it for 90 i never had to upgrade my sight w glu credits
  • Options
    After double checking, the level 6 sight is actually 13x zoom, not 11.5x. Took that nugget of info from another thread.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?97315-Upgraded-Guns