Options

unlocking the temple map (rare hunt numbers?)

Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
Has anyone unlocked the full map of the temple. I have managed 6 pieces after completing the bow and crossbow tasks. There are three pieces left that can be unlocked with rare hunts in regions 3, 4, and 5. Anyone has an idea on the number of rare hunts required to complete before the map piece unlocks?
Playing on LG G4 (Android)
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    I got one a few rare hunts into region 4. Don't remember exactly how many though. When a rare hunt is available, it will show a map piece along with how much platinum, etc. is up for grabs on that particular hunt.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    Have 30 rare hunts in and still need 2 pieces from region 4 and 1 piece from region 3.
  • Options
    garymckinnon31garymckinnon31 Registered Users 176 Posts
    I have and it is awesome. You will definitely have fun with it
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Yup, finished it. 5 trophy hunts where maxed out bow and crossbow are required and the 3rd bow as a prize and a hunting series with 80 hunts. There are boar and tiger hunts, as well as muntjac, gaur and various Asian bears.
  • Options
    Just in case anyone hasn't tried it, the standard contract hunts will knock 8 hours off the rare hunt timer, too...
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Can you explain this timer? Still waiting on Ios.
    Say What??
  • Options
    The rare hunts aren't random now, there's a countdown timer until the next one. Taking part in any hunt in a given region reduces the time by 8 hours.
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    Yup, finished it. 5 trophy hunts where maxed out bow and crossbow are required and the 3rd bow as a prize and a hunting series with 80 hunts. There are boar and tiger hunts, as well as muntjac, gaur and various Asian bears.

whoa...80 hunts...sound awesome.....I am trying to get my last piece of the map now, I assume the temple will unlock afterwards...thanks for the info :)
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    michaeljpmichaeljp Registered Users 36 Posts
    Apart from the bow and crossbow, which i assume you must buy, with gold or bucks, is there any other rifle, assult, or shotgun we need to purchase to play these new regions, lost temple etc etc?
  • Options
    Nope, the Oasis Pack was a bluff. There are 3 new series' in regions 3, 4 and 5. Region 3 is a shotgun series to build up some new platinum coins to buy a bow, region 4 is a bow series and region 5 is a crossbow one. There are also timed rare hunts and once you've completed all 3 special hunts and a certain number of the rare hunts the Lost Temple region is available. This follows the usual format of hunting series (80 hunts), trophy hunts (5) and contract hunts. Finish the trophy hunts and you win a second bow with more power (900 and something...)
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Glad to hear new prey to hunt got bow & X-bow just doing rare hunts to unlock hidden region lost temple looks like there will be a whole series of hidden regions hopefully
    ( + )
  • Options
    Timber ghostTimber ghost Registered Users 371 Posts
    This is worst than waiting for Christmas Day
  • Options
    JohnnybJohnnyb Registered Users 7 Posts
    What map and bow hunt ?
  • Options
    JohnnybJohnnyb Registered Users 7 Posts
    Can someone tell me where the 12 geese are in # 8.
  • Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    I haven't got the update yet :(....... Is this because I'm on an iOS device?
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    michaeljpmichaeljp Registered Users 36 Posts
    Nope, the Oasis Pack was a bluff. There are 3 new series' in regions 3, 4 and 5. Region 3 is a shotgun series to build up some new platinum coins to buy a bow, region 4 is a bow series and region 5 is a crossbow one. There are also timed rare hunts and once you've completed all 3 special hunts and a certain number of the rare hunts the Lost Temple region is available. This follows the usual format of hunting series (80 hunts), trophy hunts (5) and contract hunts. Finish the trophy hunts and you win a second bow with more power (900 and something...)

Thanks for that mate,now i just have to wait for Apple to release the update
  • Options
    I normally play on an iPad, but not being an Apple fanboi, my phone is an Android device, so I got to play it on there first. Only reason I have an iPad is because there wasn't such a thing as a decent Android tablet when I bought it. Won't be doing it again now there is!
  • Options
    SamZeeSamZee Registered Users 25 Posts
    I just noticed that the contract hunts of Regions 3 - 5 also count down the Rare hunt timer for that region :)

So you can still get rare hunts after the event hunts have been completed for that region
  • Options
    Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    Johnnyb wrote: »
    Can someone tell me where the 12 geese are in # 8.

Sometimes they come out of the waterfall. Other times they come from the right side of the screen. Then again, they are on the left near the mountain top. You have to be ready for all of them. Good luck!
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Options
    MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts

I have an iPad, so still waiting to see what appears to be (as per the opinions read here) the 9th Wonder of the World (the Lost Temple). Could you please provide me (us) with some hints on the structure of the Lost Temple game?

1) I understand that one has to complete the new shot gun series in region 3 to get the platinum coins needed to buy the bow required for the new bow series in region 4. Right? How many hunts make the series?

2) I understand that one has to complete the new bow series in region 4 to get the platinum coins needed to buy the crossbow required for the new crossbow series in region 5. Right? How many hunts make the series?

3) I uderstand that one has to complete the new crossbow series in region 5 to get extra platinum coins to buy ... upgrades for the bow/crossbow required to complete the Lost Temple? How many hunts make the series?

4) If I understand correctly, one has to complete a certain number of rare hunts in regions 3, 4 and 5 to gain "pieces" that allow (together with the pieces collected in the series) access to the Lost Temple "region". Right? Playing standard hunts in regions 3, 4 and 5 reduces the time one has to wait until a rare hunt is available in those regions. Not all rare hunts provide the "pieces". Right?

Thank you very much for "clearing the path" for us, poor iOsers ...
  • Options
    Can't remember how may hunts make up each series, but it wasn't any more than about 30 or so. The 2 bows need to be fully pimped to complete the trophy hunts in the hidden region, after which you win the 3rd bow. All 3 can only be upgraded with gold bars or platinum coins only.

The rare hunts get given a countdown timer of a time roughly divisible by 8 hours, but completing any hunt will reduce it by 8 hrs. The rare hunts will net you platinum coins, as will the series hunts in regions 3, 4 & 5. Usually when you get a rare hunt with a big time added, say 72 or 80 hrs you will probably be rewarded with a piece of map, too.

I rushed through it on my Android phone using a few thousand gold bars, but it's gonna be a long haul when my iPad gets the update as I won't have that luxury! It'll be a long haul, as there must be over 200 hunts to complete...
  • Options
    Anyway, no holding your breath, it won't be out until Monday at the earliest!
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    I think it was 15 hunts shotgun, 30 for bow and crossbow. Temple has 80 hunting series, 5 trophy, set of 2 contact (cash earned) and a rare hunt set.
  • Options
    Timber ghostTimber ghost Registered Users 371 Posts
    Congratulations to those with android,from reading the comments ,you had a killer time
  • Options
    Can't remember how may hunts make up each series, but it wasn't any more than about 30 or so. The 2 bows need to be fully pimped to complete the trophy hunts in the hidden region, after which you win the 3rd bow. All 3 can only be upgraded with gold bars or platinum coins only.

The rare hunts get given a countdown timer of a time roughly divisible by 8 hours, but completing any hunt will reduce it by 8 hrs. The rare hunts will net you platinum coins, as will the series hunts in regions 3, 4 & 5. Usually when you get a rare hunt with a big time added, say 72 or 80 hrs you will probably be rewarded with a piece of map, too.

I rushed through it on my Android phone using a few thousand gold bars, but it's gonna be a long haul when my iPad gets the update as I won't have that luxury! It'll be a long haul, as there must be over 200 hunts to complete...

Many thanks for your explanations. It's gonna be a long haul, indeed (I have no gold bars).
  • Options
    Kyra420 wrote: »
    I think it was 15 hunts shotgun, 30 for bow and crossbow. Temple has 80 hunting series, 5 trophy, set of 2 contact (cash earned) and a rare hunt set.

Many thanks, Kyra. It seems like many days of fun. Not like regular new regions that can be completed in 1/2 days.
  • Options
    As far as I can remember the shotgun series was 20 hunts and the bow and crossbow series 30 each

And then there are 80 hunts in the lost temple, combined with rare hunts so there is plenty chances to earn platinum credits

There are also the new bounties, which allows you to earn gold coins and consumables by completing specific tasks in all 9 regions + hidden regions (example 1 gold coin for hunting 10 kudu in North Africa and then more coins after 25 kudu and even more after 75 kudu killed)

So there is weeks of fun in this update. :)
  • Options
    So, we have:

Region 3, 20 shotgun hunts and approx 20 rare hunts to unlock 3 pieces of the hidden region map.

Then region 4, 30 bow hunts and 20 rare hunts and region 5, 30 crossbow hunts plus 20 rare hunts.

Hidden Region has hunting series of 80 hunts plus 5 trophy hunts that unlock the 3rd bow (as a prize). I make that 225?

The new bounties are:

Kill sheep in Pacific Northwest
    Kill kudu in North Africa
    Use consumables
    Kill moose in British Columbia
    Complete rare hunts (that unlock map pieces)
    Collect map pieces
    Kill buffalo in South Africa
    Spend Platinum Eagles
    Kill bears in Alaska
    Kill Boar with a bow
    Kill animals with a crossbow
    Kill wolves with a rifle in Mount St. Helens
    Kill lions with a shotgun in Nile River Valley
    Kill ducks with an assault rifle
    Kill elk with a pistol in Klondike yukon
    Kill zebra with an AR in Zambezi river
    Kill animals with a heart shot
    ditto body shot
    ditto lung shot
    ditto head shot
    ditto neck shot
    ditto brain shot
    Kill deer (1500 deer nets you prize of 50 gold)
    Kill animals (5000 kills nets 50 gold)
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    So you can find 3 map pieces in reg.3- and 3 pieces in reg. 4 and 3 pieces in reg.5, correct? And the rest of the rare hunts earn you platinum coins, that you can use to upgrade your bows, I think that's correct?
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    There are 9 map pieces

3 of them are obtained by completing the event hunts in Region 3 (20 shotgun) Region 4 (30 bow hunts) and Region 5 (30 crossbow hunts)

The remaining 6 are hidden in the rare hunts. 2 each in Region 3-5