Options

Has glu gold lost it's value??

WmCWmC Registered Users 218 Posts
Since glu gold has been replaced as a medium of exchange for the purchase of weapons and upgrades and now has a value for only some specialty items, has it lost much of its value to the new platinum coin? Is the glu gold now worth the effort and hassle of the special offers??

Comments

• Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I think Glu gold is here to stay, that's how they make a profit,you can't buy platinum(yet)but you can earn them. So I think that people that purchased gold would be ripped off if Glu were to stop offering weapons and other items with gold coins! I work hard for my money and have purchased gold packages in the past. I don't have time to watch videos or get useless quotes for gold. Just enough time in my day to play for an hour. GLUADMIN chime in if you can.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Someone hasn't done their sums correctly with the latest special offer. 20 animal calls for 270 gold, 25% off. Err no, one animal call costs 15 gold normally so that means 20 would be 300, so 270 is a saving of 10%, not 25!
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    Platinum eagles were introduced probably to even things between android and ios, but really I don't know why a third currency was deemed necessary. Gold is still used actively, it or eagles are needed for upgrades. What I wonder is have hunter bucks became completely useless now?
  • Options
    It depends if we're gonna get a region 10 proper or just more hidden regions. If a region 10 is released then there will have to be region 10 guns to go with it and, presumably, hunters will need bucks to purchase them...
  • Options
    beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    ...imho and pointed this out earlier: silver eagles probably introduced to level out disadvantage of ios users just as kyra noticed. guess gold could not possibly be abandoned as many players bought gold for real money... maybe eagles just stay for hidden regions...?
  • Options
    theangeliitheangelii Registered Users 123 Posts
    animal calls cost $18 and lost temple there for calculation is correct
  • Options
    SamZeeSamZee Registered Users 25 Posts
    Could someone please explain what the difference is between gold coins in Android and IOS that needed to be ironed out?
  • Options
    biggamepisalbiggamepisal Registered Users 115 Posts
    Agreed. Their math skills suck or they are lying to us. It's all marketing. People see % off and right away they think "deal". I have noticed their nonesensical figures too.
  • Options
    biggamepisalbiggamepisal Registered Users 115 Posts
    I'm loving the new bounties, but I will chime in here and say I hope that they also keep giving us levels to play like we always did. Sometimes the old familiar standard shouldn't be messed with. One thing I wish they'd do is let you hunt the primary hunts that we completed through each of the levels, instead of locking them out like they do. It would be fun to go back and repeat some of those hunts. I hope my hunter bucks haven't become useless. I hope I can still upgrade weapons and make improvements. I thought the new platinum was just for the bows and hidden hunt weapons. :-(.
  • Options
    theangelii wrote: »
    animal calls cost $18 and lost temple there for calculation is correct

I assume you mean 18 gold, not $18? If that's the case then they've put the 'price' up, as they used to be 15, not 18...