Options

CONGRATULATIONS, GLU!!! Lost Temple is a real achievement

MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
You did a terrific job, guys. The Lost Temple has really taken DH 2014 to a higher level.

I completed it today. It took me 3 days and a half because I do not play with real money and just get the credits (gold, bucks or eagles) by playing and playing and playing.

The new animals and the scenery are great. The bows/crosbow offer a lot of fund, and the introduction of the new currency, which puts everyone at the same level (except those who can generously spend gold because they are Androiders or because they spend real money to buy it), was a great idea. Much to my regret at the begining, because I have +14 million hunter bucks totally useless.

I have seen some people complaining because this region takes time to be completed (specially if you play without spending real money) or because a given hunt needed to complete one of the bounties is hard to find. And I find it surprising because hunting is based, to a great extent, on patience. Those who love real hunting are used to patiently wait for hours, till the prey shows up. It is clear that things in the virtual world are quite different.

Just a final petition: would you please consider to offer a one-time opportunity to exchange hunter bucks for gold/eagles (even at firesale rates). Sitting on a (useless, I tend to believe) pile of millions of hunter bucks I feel a little bit frustrated. Hundreds/thousands of moose boringly killed during hours .... for nothing.

Again, congratulations and thank you so much for the fun of this first hidden region!

Comments

• Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    Not to mention that once the hidden region is complete, there is still days of hunting left to finish the rare hunts and rack up the bounties.
    The bounty system provides incentive to hunt old regions with new/different weapons and was fun to keep going through them.

I was assuming that when Standard Region 10 comes out, that it will work the same as previous standard regions with respect to hunter bucks. I will not be writing off my millions quite yet...
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    SubH2O wrote: »
    Not to mention that once the hidden region is complete, there is still days of hunting left to finish the rare hunts and rack up the bounties.
    The bounty system provides incentive to hunt old regions with new/different weapons and was fun to keep going through them.

I was assuming that when Standard Region 10 comes out, that it will work the same as previous standard regions with respect to hunter bucks. I will not be writing off my millions quite yet...

I don't know. After the great success of this hidden region, if I were in the shooes of GLU I would probably not release any further standard region and would focus on temporary events and hidden regions (made with care, time and dedication). Killing 999 times the same carrousel of moose (with their real skin or disguised as gnus, kudus, etc.) with an AR in 20 seconds seems to me very boring after the experience of the Lost Temple.
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    It'll depend on which type generates the most revenue.
  • Options
    pistoff wrote: »
    It'll depend on which type generates the most revenue.

You are right.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Menipo wrote: »
    You did a terrific job, guys. The Lost Temple has really taken DH 2014 to a higher level.

I completed it today. It took me 3 days and a half because I do not play with real money and just get the credits (gold, bucks or eagles) by playing and playing and playing.

The new animals and the scenery are great. The bows/crosbow offer a lot of fund, and the introduction of the new currency, which puts everyone at the same level (except those who can generously spend gold because they are Androiders or because they spend real money to buy it), was a great idea. Much to my regret at the begining, because I have +14 million hunter bucks totally useless.

I have seen some people complaining because this region takes time to be completed (specially if you play without spending real money) or because a given hunt needed to complete one of the bounties is hard to find. And I find it surprising because hunting is based, to a great extent, on patience. Those who love real hunting are used to patiently wait for hours, till the prey shows up. It is clear that things in the virtual world are quite different.

Just a final petition: would you please consider to offer a one-time opportunity to exchange hunter bucks for gold/eagles (even at firesale rates). Sitting on a (useless, I tend to believe) pile of millions of hunter bucks I feel a little bit frustrated. Hundreds/thousands of moose boringly killed during hours .... for nothing.

Again, congratulations and thank you so much for the fun of this first hidden region!

Really glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    Standard region 10 is guaranteed because we already have the shotgun, last chance to win it this weekend. I can see hidden and standards continuing indefinitely, standard is intended for gun use, hidden intended for bow/crossbow. All long time, dedicated players seem to love it, which we should; glu gave us exactly what we asked for.
  • Options
    BlikenBliken Registered Users 8 Posts
    My lost temple rare hunt is completed. It says new by it but has a checkmark saying complete. When will new one come out?
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    All rare hunts eventually will lock; who knows when standard region 10 will come or a region 2 hidden at this point. In the past we expected a new event or new region about every month; month after event a new one comes and likewise with region. This newest update just came out 1 to 10 days ago, depending what mobile device is used; usually updates happen within hours for all, but "stuff" happened for first time this time. Already we have a notification of a new event coming and typically a notification comes about one week in advance.
  • Options
    Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    Lost Temple is pretty cool. I've been away for awhile, and no time to play until the past few days. Good job Glu. Really enjoyed it. Now, trying to complete all of the bounty hunts. Fun stuff.

Cheers from Kamala Beach Thailand

Sunny
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    There's a chance to win the reg. 10 shotgun this weekend? I passed the first chance, would now like to get it!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Lost temple.is pretty much where I play.contract hunts nice to have a change of scenary like a breath of fresh air bows with suppression another element to enjoy crossbow takes slightly too long to reload for my liking havingsaid that can we look forward to a pistol crossbow to appear for further hidden region hunts?
    ( + )
  • Options
    elsels Registered Users 3 Posts
    Bro menipo... I do the same thing u did... I dont want to use real money for it... but now ... I am stucked on it... what did u do to get eagle coin? Also when is the rare hunt show up on what time? Based on USA time because i am on east asia.... I still cant play zombie invasion ... what should I do... please advise...
  • Options
    BAJOBA81BAJOBA81 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Superior product experience. Quite happy with the game now!
  • Options
    els wrote: »
    Bro menipo... I do the same thing u did... I dont want to use real money for it... but now ... I am stucked on it... what did u do to get eagle coin? Also when is the rare hunt show up on what time? Based on USA time because i am on east asia.... I still cant play zombie invasion ... what should I do... please advise...

Els,

Rare hunts are permanently there in regions 3, 4, 5 and the hidden region 1 (lost temple) until they are completed and even then the icon stays with a green tick and the word "completed".

Each rare hunt icon has a countdown timer which shows multiples of 8 hours (72 hours, 40 hours, 32 hours). Every time you complete a contract hunt in one of the regions which have the rare hunt timer running, 8 hours are substracted. For instance, if you are in region 5 and the timer was set at 72 hours, after completing one contract hunt in that region 5, the timer is readjusted to 64 hours. When the timer shows 0 (i.e. in a timer set at 32 hours after completing 4 contract hunts), the rare hunt becomes available and you can earn eagles.

I hope this helps.

Regards
  • Options
    deadlytiger72deadlytiger72 Registered Users 8 Posts
    Menipo wrote: »

No doubt about it lost temple is amazing it has many great achievements. GLU picked the perfect location for this lost temple event in India. I like the new trophy hunt leaders as well and the experience was just great my favorite map so far.