Options

Upgraded broad heads---observation

Timber ghostTimber ghost Registered Users 371 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that the broad head look like the radiation symbol when it's leaves the bow----3 open rings---zombies on the way,why not radioactive ones to kill undead critters in the trophy hunts,or they could pass thru multiple critters ,for multiple kills.............??

I think ,everyone is going to have a blast.

Comments

• Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    And I just thought it looked cool hadn't even clocked it related to zombies looking forward to the shufflers event!
    ( + )
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    Technically, that shape is the symbol for a biohazard. The symbol for radiation is three somewhat trapezoidal shapes arranged around a circle.
    No matter though... Still appropriate for zombie deer on the way.
    When I first saw the shape of that broadhead, I wasn't quite sure about it. Did a bit of research, and was amazed to find out that such a broadhead actually exists (http://flyingarrowarcheryusa.com/store/). Very cool YouTube video demonstrating it against other broadheads at draining jugs of water (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDKLxpw31VY). Impressive.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    Thanks for the correction on the symbol ,biohazard is a better fit-- relating to zombies,than radiation ---
  • Options
    beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    ...interesting piece of info, thanks sub... amazing what the broadhead makes for a difference in the video...
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Has anyone noticed that if you use the crossbow and move left and right the arrow spins round?
  • Options
    pistoff wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that if you use the crossbow and move left and right the arrow spins round?

.?.????????
  • Options
    Warwick castle have a collection of arrow heads archers had a choice of heads to suit different prey including armour piercing
    ( + )
  • Options
    Youtube 'bullpup vertical crossbow' this would be good in dh 2014
    ( + )
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    .?.????????

Arm yourself with the x bow and walk left and right. Sometimes the arrow will spin round in the bow.
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    beerhunter wrote: »
    ...interesting piece of info, thanks sub... amazing what the broadhead makes for a difference in the video...
    Really reinforced for me how broadhead impacts weapon power.
    My daughter just started to shoot bow this winter. I have a small range set up in the garage for her, suitable for her 12lb recurve. Makes me glad that they are target points missing the backstop on occasion and hitting drywall instead of one of these...
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    Has anyone tried a pistol crossbow?? Wondered if they're worthwhile, I like recurve bows and compound bows but have no experiance with crossbows think theres something in the old english rules were supposed to practice archery every sunday afternoon! One of those old laws that never got removed...
    ( + )
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I have a Excalibur crossbow,once dialed in, it's extremely accurate at 50 yards. Tried a pistol once, not impressed, more a novelty weapon.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    Good to know thankyou todfoxx read some rave reviews but I shoot as well and similar story with henry mares leg (cut down stock version of henry lever action) and much as I like look of the thing it's pants in reality
    ( + )