Options

How about the increase in the difficulty in regions 1-9?

David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
You've probably noticed the change of scenery, path of animals, distance to animals, and speed of animals. I just killed the 12 jackals of region 9 and almost ran out of time while trying to work on my head shot statistics. Maybe it doesn't take more damage than before and is simply harder because they're not running at you at a closer range and bounty rewards make you focus more on organ shots, but the increase in difficulty is there.

Increasing the difficulty to the game is a big plus for my excitement level and a huge answer to mindlessly shooting easy to kill animals to build millions of useless hunter bucks. What do you think?

Adding region 9 "3 elder spotted cheetahs" and region 8 "12 Geese at night" to the new difficulty list....wow
iPhone 4, usually.

Comments

• Options
    Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    I tried the jackals in region 9 just because I heard about the changes. I went through it twice, once with a shotgun, and once with an assault rifle. Both times I could only get nine of the twelve required. They seem to be moving faster, and there are fewer of them. It's a lot harder than in the past.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Tanner96 wrote: »
    I tried the jackals in region 9 just because I heard about the changes. I went through it twice, once with a shotgun, and once with an assault rifle. Both times I could only get nine of the twelve required. They seem to be moving faster, and there are fewer of them. It's a lot harder than in the past.

the jackals have grown stronger. try the assault rifle with scope but hunt them down as they move left, you can pin them down just in time. I even tried the shotgun but it is more difficult and u have to hunt them as they appear (closer to your end, than moving left)
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    GLU admins and staff: I appreciate that you look at our requests and respect your decisions of what and how to continue to provide us with an awesome game to play!

We asked for difficulty and Glu provided, but....

Increased difficulty:
    Pros: increased speed of animals, decreased amount of animals, variety of animal pathways and scenery, perfecting effective target areas on animals, restricting hunter movement by adding scenery that gives us a reason to not be able to move there (falling off a cliff, something in our way), making us move to find animals (hiding animals behind objects), multiple types of animals in same hunt not related to the goal of the hunt.
    Con: restricted movement to aim.

Region 8 moose- you can't turn full right or left? I like the realism Glu added with the increased difficulty, but not being able to aim at what you see doesn't seem very realistic. Maybe the region 8 moose is the only hunt that this happens on, as I've seen other hunts that allow a fuller range of motion to aim. Instead of restricting where we can aim, it would be better if they changed the speed, frequency, path of the animals, and where the animals are located.

Glu also seems to be perfecting the effective target areas of the animals so we don't get as many "in the middle of the air blood splatter head shots" or killing birds with the right crosshair of an assault rifle.

The alertness of the animals seems pretty normal and I see that they are tweaking the amount of damage it takes to kill each animal which I still think needs to be tweaked a little more.

Does anyone have any suggestions on making the realism of damage better and in-sync with the other animals?
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I like the sports drink effects through the scope as to upping the ante with difficulty and bountie rewards these add to the incentive to play the game more often
    ( + )
  • Options
    AbedaAbeda Registered Users 3 Posts
    Don't have much to say. Im still in region 2 lvl 24 . Cant wait to get further. Im playing on android . And facebook
  • Options
    Deer Hunter was less difficult a month ago and this thread is about the comparison of a month ago to the current version of the game. So if you're new to the game this thread won't make any sense. Also the major differences I've found mostly apply to regions 4-9. Anyway....Happy hunting and welcome to the new and improved Deer Hunter!
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    Managed to kill two leopards with one bowshot thats a first hidden region 3 leopards hunt so tweaks worth having
    ( + )
  • Options
    Managed to kill two leopards with one bowshot thats a first hidden region 3 leopards hunt so tweaks worth having

Barton Hawk fully upgraded? That's the first I've heard of a double kill bow shot.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    It was with the barton bow cannot wait for zombie hordes to arrive in spring outbreak pity I've used all the sports drink the slo mo kills and faster reload would've worked well with zombies!
    ( + )