Options

Bounties: 5K+ kills with body shot to total kills ratio under 20%?

David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
For those of you who haven't finished the bounties section, what's your progress?

9100 kills in bounties section so far.
24% body/total kills ratio.
2 stars Heart, Lung, Head, Brain
1 star Body, Neck
iPhone 4, usually.

Comments

• Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    12500 kills. Completed the lung shots. And 2 stars on heart and body shots.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Timber ghostTimber ghost Registered Users 371 Posts
    ****,you guys are crusing
  • Options
    The club hunts gives apple users a big advantage in completing the bounties. I always tried for the lung shots during the club hunts.

The brain and the neck shots are going to take me the longest to complete. The brain shots you really need a stationary target. The heart shots I really got lucky on. When I missed the lungs I usually hit the heart.
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    Predator hunts are good for racking up brain shots because the animals are stationary.
    The lost temple is perfect because the weapons are quiet and you can get two or three without the animals fleeing. Predator hunts also come up often in the lost temple.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    garymckinnon31garymckinnon31 Registered Users 176 Posts
    I'm up 4000 kills but I have a total of 12000 kills. That's including the first time when they started the bounties
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    SubH2O wrote: »
    Predator hunts are good for racking up brain shots because the animals are stationary.
    The lost temple is perfect because the weapons are quiet and you can get two or three without the animals fleeing. Predator hunts also come up often in the lost temple.

Only problem is that you only get 2 or 3 kills per hunt.

Has anyone ever had a brain shot kill for a moving target? It always seems to only give a head shot every time in my experience, but surely the odds are that if you went for head shots every time you'd hit the brain once in a while?! I get the impression that brain shots are only given when infrared is used...
  • Options
    I never got a brain shot on a moving target. I don't think it is possible. I have 1610 head shots and you would think that I would have hit the brain at least a few times on a moving target.

I do hit the heart all the time on a moving target.
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    I have come to the conclusion that you must use infrared to be credited with a brainshot unless it is a predator attacking you with the brain target highlighted. That generally means rifle, bow or crossbow is required unless you spend gold for the IR upgrade to an assault rifle. For bow or crossbow, you are then limited by power to the Lost Temple or probably Region six or lower (that is a guess- I haven't figured it out for certain).
    A brain shot on a moving target is possible but you are limited by infrared battery life. The brain represents a small target in most cases, so zooming at distance, tracking the animal and aiming for a brain case that may be bouncing vertically as well as moving horizontally makes for a very challenging shot. I have done it once or twice, but probably near impossible to get more than one or two in any given hunt before the battery runs out.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I used both bows in my loadout and when weapons infared battery runs out on one bow I swapped weapons which meant second weapon had a full infared helps as you say battery infared doesn't last long enough I was a little dissappointed zombie animals could be killed with any hit should have been head shots/brain shots kills only and zombies should move way slower the animals in the pistol events lookex realistic as zombies but moved way too fast!
    ( + )
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    I was a little dissappointed zombie animals could be killed with any hit should have been head shots/brain shots kills only and zombies should move way slower the animals in the pistol events lookex realistic as zombies but moved way too fast!

I thought it would only be head shots as well and was surprised to see the inferred work at all. I like the idea of making them slower and making them harder to kill. It would also have been nice to see hanging flesh flapping in the wind, a blood trail, or an organ or two dropping out of them as they ran. Maybe that's too much, but yes, I was expecting the zombies to be a bit more different than the regular animals. Didn't they just change the color on the zombie birds? No exposed wings? I zoomed in with the scope...
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    They looked more like they'd been barbecued rather than risen from the dead! Why were there wolves in Africa anyway?

As for organ shots, I seem to remember having to do a brain shot on a snowman once or twice!
  • Options
    WmCWmC Registered Users 218 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    The club hunts gives apple users a big advantage in completing the bounties. I always tried for the lung shots during the club hunts.

The brain and the neck shots are going to take me the longest to complete. The brain shots you really need a stationary target. The heart shots I really got lucky on. When I missed the lungs I usually hit the heart.

I focused on the brain and neck kill bounties after closing out a few of the region specific bounties to see how the bounties work. They are now completed and I finished the total kill and deer kill bounties in the process.
    I am now working the lung bounty and will clean up the heart and body kill bounties when the lung bounty is completed.
    This process allows working through the bounties in the least amount of hunts with maximum results in the shortest time by getting credit for kills in the other bounties when I miss my primary target point.
    It also utilizes one of the primary axioms of precision shooting........aim small.
    Hunting is most effective with a weapon of sufficient power in precision shooting to small, defined target points.
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    For those of you who haven't finished the bounties section, what's your progress?

9100 kills in bounties section so far.
    24% body/total kills ratio.
    2 stars Heart, Lung, Head, Brain
    1 star Body, Neck

10000 animals
    completed 15 bounties
    2 stars on Heart, Body, Lung, Overkill
    1 star on Head, Neck, Brains, Deer
    zero stars (and won't play) the consumables bounty
    Should take a while considering I play half an hour of the game daily on average
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)