Options

Completing all standard levels in "low cost" mode

MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
A couple of months ago I started to play the game again in a different iPad to know the minimum gear that is needed to complete all regions (without spending a dime buying gold coins).

Today I finished my experiment: it its possible to complete the 10 regions with the rifle of each region that can be bought with hunter bucks (fully upgraded as required to complete the trophy hunts) and .... a region 2 shotgun (Clayton Raptor). The rifle of each region allows to do the contract hunts of that region needed to get the hunter bucks required to fully upgrade it (so the trophy hunts of that region can be completed). The shotgun is only necessary to complete the bird hunts of every region (believe it or not, a region 2 shotgun can finish 12 region 10 ducks in 30 seconds).

I also completed the Lost Temple hidden region 1 in the "low cost" mode. I did the series and rare hunts of regions 3, 4 and 5 needed to find the 9 pieces of the map and win the eagles necessary to progress and buy the first bow and the crossbow, with the region 9 rifle Rohman and the region 2 shotgun Clayton Raptor (and the bow and crossbow after buying them with the eagles obtained, as required).

Thus, no need to buy assault rifles (they are only needed for club hunts) or pistols (that are good for nothing).

I thought some new kids on the block of DH 2014 might like to know ....

Comments

• Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Hunterbucks rifles get the job done surprised to learn region 2 shotgun so affective for all regions
    ( + )
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Save this thread for all future 'I spend too much money' complaining...
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Menipo wrote: »
    A couple of months ago I started to play the game again in a different iPad to know the minimum gear that is needed to complete all regions (without spending a dime buying gold coins).

Today I finished my experiment: it its possible to complete the 10 regions with the rifle of each region that can be bought with hunter bucks (fully upgraded as required to complete the trophy hunts) and .... a region 2 shotgun (Clayton Raptor). The rifle of each region allows to do the contract hunts of that region needed to get the hunter bucks required to fully upgrade it (so the trophy hunts of that region can be completed). The shotgun is only necessary to complete the bird hunts of every region (believe it or not, a region 2 shotgun can finish 12 region 10 ducks in 30 seconds).

I also completed the Lost Temple hidden region 1 in the "low cost" mode. I did the series and rare hunts of regions 3, 4 and 5 needed to find the 9 pieces of the map and win the eagles necessary to progress and buy the first bow and the crossbow, with the region 9 rifle Rohman and the region 2 shotgun Clayton Raptor (and the bow and crossbow after buying them with the eagles obtained, as required).

Thus, no need to buy assault rifles (they are only needed for club hunts) or pistols (that are good for nothing).

I thought some new kids on the block of DH 2014 might like to know ....

Wow. Great experiment! Thanks for sharing the details.
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    I've played the game in much the same manner. I only use accrued gold to refresh my energy when I'm close to finishing a level -and that's just because of my lack of patience. A few things I'll add:
    1) You don't need a shotgun at all. A good pistol or assault rifle will take care of bird levels.
    2) Assault rifles are expensive. Just buy a pistol for a higher region, and it can be used to finish any assault rifle campaign. (The only place I take issue with your experience is that pistols are "useless," when in fact, they take the place of an assault rifle quite well)
    3) Be patient. The game doesn't move very quickly this way. It's easy to get bored and quit, but from what I can tell, outside of certain series (spring outbreak, etc.) you get to play the whole game.
    Facebook player
  • Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    Have you tried using a low level assault rifle to fill your duck bounty? I'm wondering if the $2700 level 1 assault rifle will work in the higher regions for ducks!
  • Options
    blue ridge wrote: »
    1) You don't need a shotgun at all. A good pistol or assault rifle will take care of bird levels.

A good pistol or assault rifle is much more expensive than a cheap region 2 shotgun. Remember that it was a low cost experiment.
    (The only place I take issue with your experience is that pistols are "useless," when in fact, they take the place of an assault rifle quite well)

In my regular iPad I have all pistols that can be bought with hunter bucks fully upgraded. In fact this was one of the ways I used to burn a small part of the pile of hunter bucks I am sitting on until GLU decides to offer us a one time conversion hunter bucks - gold. But I insist on what I said: to me they are good for nothing. You said they can take the place of an assault rifle ... Agreed. But if you are on low cost mode you do not need an assault rifle (so nothing to replace) and if you play a lot and are not running short of hunter bucks, better to drink a 10 year Bourbon than a Coke ... :cool:

Just my opinion.
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Wow. Great experiment! Thanks for sharing the details.

You are welcome, gluadmin. Please pass my congratulations on to the team for region 10. I really like it. The increase in difficulty is an improvement. Hunts were becoming boringly easy.

Regards

PS. Is the one time bucks-gold conversion project progressing? :o
  • Options
    Los wrote: »
    Have you tried using a low level assault rifle to fill your duck bounty? I'm wondering if the $2700 level 1 assault rifle will work in the higher regions for ducks!

No, I did not try because I was only aiming to complete the regions at the lower cost possible. But I will test it for you next time that I am in region 6 and ducks show up, for instance.
  • Options
    beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    ...a bucks >> gold exchange project? sounds great, had no idea there was one going on...! conversion rate will be 1:1, i suppose...?

;-)
  • Options
    beerhunter wrote: »
    ...a bucks >> gold exchange project? sounds great, had no idea there was one going on...! conversion rate will be 1:1, i suppose...?

;-)

There is none going on, I am afraid, but I keep insisting and insisting and insisting ... Maybe one day my words will move GLU's heart and they will consider it just to alleviate the stress of a bunch of loyal players who do not know what to do with the trillions of bucks they are sitting on ...;)
  • Options
    There is none going on, I am afraid, but I keep insisting and insisting and insisting ... Maybe one day my words will move GLU's heart and they will consider it just to alleviate the stress of a bunch of loyal players who do not know what to do with the trillions of bucks they are sitting on ...;)

If Glu continues the option to use bucks to purchase new weapons/upgrades, I think the useless hunter bucks issue will dissolve. Expanding the bounties program will also help to put the emphasis on collecting gold vs. bucks.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    David T wrote: »
    If Glu continues the option to use bucks to purchase new weapons/upgrades, I think the useless hunter bucks issue will dissolve.

I do not think so. That option has been there from the outset but the more regions are released (= the more new weapons/upgrades can be bought with bucks) the bigger the pile of bucks of many people (like me), is ... :confused:
  • Options
    No, I did not try because I was only aiming to complete the regions at the lower cost possible. But I will test it for you next time that I am in region 6 and ducks show up, for instance.

Confirmed. You can complete the 10 ducks hunt of region 6 with the lowest assault rifle (region 1 Clayton CV -15)
  • Options
    I do not think so. That option has been there from the outset but the more regions are released (= the more new weapons/upgrades can be bought with bucks) the bigger the pile of bucks of many people (like me), is ... :confused:

I agree that there should be more uses for hunter bucks to keep the 24/7 crowd, like the bucks/gold exchange idea, but I think that idea is too risky for Glu as a business until they can find an efficient way to get paid real money for our playing time.

There's no way to avoid excessive soft currency (bucks) in this game if you continuously play the contract hunt series, especially for iOS users that get the "club hunts" regions. If they continue to offer weapons that cost about a million bucks each after upgrades, it will be possible to deplete your bucks if you buy everything you can in that currency and stop playing cash reward contract hunts. As a player I want the bucks/gold exchange idea (3000:1 ratio maybe), but I'm not sure if Glu can run a successful business if they mess with their gold = real money equation/marketing/incentive structure directly without a plan to get paid real money for our playing time. Hoping those third party advertisers start writing Glu some big checks for all of the commercial watching we do.....we will see.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Weapon shop used to have glu gold price and hunterbucks price for some weapons I keep looking in on weapons shop but this practice hasn't repeated in quite a while early on I bought every available weapon for hunterbucks I could in case events become available as I was accumulating hunterbucks doing contract hunts and using different weapons keeps the contract hunts fresh
    ( + )
  • Options
    I think that idea is too risky for Glu as a business until they can find an efficient way to get paid real money for our playing time.

Not sure about that. I always suggested the conversion at firesale rates. It would not be a way to facilitate conversion for everyone but to provide "liquidity" to a bunch of people who have amassed trillion of hunter bucks. They are supposed to be loyal players and thanks to the hours they have spent playing, GLU has received very useful input to fix problems and improve the game. It should not be a solution for every body, so it should not affect much GLU business model.
    There's no way to avoid excessive soft currency (bucks) in this game if you continuously play the contract hunt series, especially for iOS users that get the "club hunts" regions.

Not sure about that. I am an iOS user but club hunts are not the problem. I can play each club hunt only once because I do not have FB. That means that till each club hunt is complete and replaced after 1/2 days, I cannot play it again. There are now 30 club hunts (3x10 regions). I am lucky if I can play every day 5-6.
    If they continue to offer weapons that cost about a million bucks each after upgrades, it will be possible to deplete your bucks if you buy everything you can in that currency and stop playing cash reward contract hunts.

Not sure about that. You do not need to be a 24/7 player to see how the pile of hunter bucks you are sitting on grows and grows. I'll give you some numbers. When R10 was released I spent roughly 3.5 million hunter bucks (2 buying and upgrading the R10 bucks rifle and R10 bucks shotgun and 1.5 upgrading the Cog). I already had the Oxford and the Plisskin Fang (a zombie gift). I am doing contract hunts for the bounties. I play 2-3 times a day. Say 3. I play almost every day but not all. Say 5/7. In R10 if you complete the 10 hunts every time you play you get +90,000 hunter bucks. Say 100,000 for making the maths easier. So every week I get 3 x 100,000 x 5 =1,500,000 bucks. That means 6,000,000 a month. If one month elapses between releases of regions, that means that when R11 is released my pile will be bigger than when R10 was .... by 2.5 million.
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts

Not sure about that. I am an iOS user but club hunts are not the problem. I can play each club hunt only once because I do not have FB. That means that till each club hunt is complete and replaced after 1/2 days, I cannot play it again. There are now 30 club hunts (3x10 regions). I am lucky if I can play every day 5-6.

I have FB but can only play the club hunts once as it says it cannot sign on to my FB for whatever reason. I was told it would be looked into but have not heard anything.
    Say What??
  • Options
    The main point I was making is that we created our own greed for wanting to spend our saved hunter bucks because we excessively continued to play hunts that rewarded us hunter bucks; hunts that aren't required to progress through the game.

Anyway, I like your low-cost experiment, nice work.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    The main point I was making is that we created our own greed for wanting to spend our saved hunter bucks because we excessively continued to play hunts that rewarded us hunter bucks; hunts that aren't required to progress through the game.

Anyway, I like your low-cost experiment, nice work.

I agree with you on that. Thanks.
  • Options
    mdjdmdjd Banned Users 33 Posts
    So? Who cares?
  • Options
    mdjdmdjd Banned Users 33 Posts
    I've played the game in much the same manner. I only use accrued gold to refresh my energy when I'm close to finishing a level -and that's just because of my lack of patience. A few things I'll add:
    2) Assault rifles are expensive. Just buy a pistol for a higher region, and it can be used to finish any assault rifle campaign. (The only place I take issue with your experience is that pistols are "useless," when in fact, they take the place of an assault rifle quite well)
    3) Be patient. The game doesn't move very quickly this way. It's easy to get bored and quit, but from what I can tell, outside of certain series (spring outbreak, etc.) you get to play the whole game.

are u dumb or somthing? that guy is talking about not buying ANYTHING but a rifle, you say you want to buy assault rifle, have u missed yr pills?
  • Options
    cassperrcassperr Registered Users 4 Posts
    I've completed all regions and almost through with all bounties and ive not spent one cent of RL money. Only gold I spend is what I acrue through levels and bounties. Not sure where people get they cant play the game without spending RL money.
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    mdjd wrote: »
    are u dumb or somthing? that guy is talking about not buying ANYTHING but a rifle, you say you want to buy assault rifle, have u missed yr pills?

Perhaps your reading comprehension could use some work. In my post you quoted, I explained how NOT to buy an assault rifle. You might have not been able to understand it, but the thread title says "Low Cost mode." Pistols are much cheaper than assault rifles, Einstein.
    Facebook player