Options

g&hr300

michaeljpmichaeljp Registered Users 36 Posts
. Why can't I use this rifle in region 6 trophy hunt? It has more than enough power, enough scope, but I have 4 red squares saying upgrade?

Comments

• Options
    michaeljpmichaeljp Registered Users 36 Posts
    michaeljp wrote: »
    . Why can't I use this rifle in region 6 trophy hunt? It has more than enough power, enough scope, but I have 4 red squares saying upgrade?
    I just found out why
  • Options
    StOnY-RiVeRsStOnY-RiVeRs Registered Users 7 Posts
    well...telll us why
  • Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    If your on region 6, how can you afford the high dollar upgrades on mid level hunts? Or are you upgrading with gold?
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Los wrote: »
    If your on region 6, how can you afford the high dollar upgrades on mid level hunts? Or are you upgrading with gold?

Pretty easy actually...you skip all the mid level weapons.
    Say What??
  • Options
    biggamepisalbiggamepisal Registered Users 115 Posts
    I always wait to play a new level until the next one comes out. For example... Level six comes out. I wait for level seven to come out before I play level six. BUT, I buy a level seven weapon. By skipping a level each time, I only need to purchase half the guns, as the level seven gun will work just fine on level six animals. You could even wait for level eight. By the time you play through to level eight, advancing levels are introduced and you can then purchase a weapon in a level a few ahead of the one you are playing. I never purchase a gun for every level. I hope that makes sense in the way I've communicated.
  • Options
    beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    ...did this in the beginning too... always saved the bucks until i could afford a rifle two or even three regions ahead of the one i was currently playing.

the 'problem' is, if you're comparing game progress to some of your buddies you'll also want to be up to date; actually, when a new region or event comes up we've got some real races going who finishes it first i.e. is the 'best hunter' and sending each other screenshots of the finished region with comments like 'hey old man, still working on this steady aim, eh?'

but with several million of the hunter bucks this doesn't really matter anymore...
  • Options
    vid666vid666 Registered Users 76 Posts
    The best way to save money that I found early rounds was skip the rifle as often as possible and get a shotgun 4-5 levels higher than the region you are in.shotguns are cheap and they blow away the lower regions. You can and save up your money to buy a rifle for the higher regions.although once you complete the game hunter bucks become essentially worthless so you might as well just buy all the guns and enjoy the game and take as long as you can to get through it.
  • Options
    RitaCarrollRitaCarroll Registered Users 54 Posts
    Work your way through the game and enjoy the hunts. You end up getting to be a better shot, the challenges get more fun and the rewards pay off much better. Look at how much you get paid in level 10. Easy to save up for future guns playing there.

I do need to say that as I've played my way through the game, I've had to go back sometimes with a bigger gun to finish up some of the other hunts. I would never get done with anything without my assault rifles