Options

Long Range shooting / bounty ideas

scallywagscallywag Registered Users 13 Posts
Thank you for making a highly entertaining game. I’m addicted. The game is not without its critics, many of whom make points which are entirely justifiable, IMO. Nevertheless, to have achieved such success you’ve obviously done many many things right. One of them is I have the impression you actually read your gamers’ posts and incorporate their ideas when feasible. I am also aware your criteria for same may at times differ wildly from that of your players. Still, you are to be congratulated for doing so.

While I’ve read some truly idiotic ‘suggestions’ in these threads and some that are totally naïve and/or unencumbered by reality (commercial or otherwise), I’m glad to see that many people’s suggestions are pretty good. Some are obvious and a few are just plain brilliant. Of those, if the development team implement even a fraction of them in future updates then I’m a happy player. Obviously, there must be a lot of concepts in the pipeline for upcoming levels that we’ll never be privy to.

Yes, like everyone else I have a Wish List, so here are some proposals of my own.

In the weapons department, it’d be great to see a .50 caliber rifle like a Barrett and its quarry should be at a long range appropriate for such a gun. How to see them without using the gun’s scope (though that’s a workable tactic)? I suggest the weapons locker be augmented by the ability to acquire a pair of high-power binoculars. These could come in handy in other game levels, too.

Some hunts at higher levels should have a much longer run time. If the game is v-e-r-y far away and/or concealed in a tricky fashion, it’d take at least minute or two just to find them. This type of stalk would be very immersive and I’d appreciate the change of pace from just immediately blasting away as quickly as possible due to the pressure of the clock.

If you’re not going to give extra points for an eye shot, or allow it counted as a head shot, or at least base a bounty on them, then why not make them the trigger for a surprise gift of gold. The player will never know how many they racked up to get the reward. As it’s the most difficult shot in the game, be generous and don’t make the threshold something silly like a thousand, unless it’s accompanied by a truly stupendous amount of gold.

As for new bounties, I wholeheartedly endorse suggestions made on other posts that there be an ‘open sights’ bounty and a ‘one-shot kill’ bounty.

Some critiques…

I hate how some hunts make it mandatory to increase the zoom level of the scope to the point where the decreased field-of-view is so narrow it makes the weapon extremely awkward to use afterwards; once you’ve made the upgrade, you’re stuck with it. And it’s not as if the distances involved are great enough to make significant use of such magnification. Ok, I get why you do it, but I would greatly appreciate the ability to swap back to a prior scope – a level of magnification which I’ve already paid for!

Many people want to be able to ‘sell’ or otherwise trade-in weapons they no longer need or want, for a credit +/- or whatever. Well, that’d be undeniably great, true, but I can never see it happening. What I’m saying is we should be able to cycle up or down on scope sights within the limits of the grades we’ve already acquired. The sights are the one aspect of a weapon where one wants flexibility; I can’t see anyone wanting less power or stability, unless they were maxxed out on gear & levels and just looking for ways to challenge themselves. Optimizing the weapon for the animal and ranges to be encountered is part of the planning for a hunt and would help make the game more enjoyable.

I must say, I was very disappointed with the ‘Zombie’ levels. A great premise, of course, but whomever put that one together should be lashed with wet tea bags. Why? Because if they’re zombies – then the only thing that should be able to put them down for keeps is a head or brain shot! Duh! What were you thinking?? My apologies if you’ve already heard that ten thousand times…

It makes me mad that when I finish a series of hunts and I’m ‘awarded’ a weapon which I already have, I effectively get nothing. No option of $ instead or credit towards another weapon. Nada. Nil. Naught. Zip. Zero. Ziltch. Not fair.

Comments

• Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    you can already cycle through the scopes i believe.

Click the arrow in the top left next to the "level 5" when you have the zoom upgrade tab selected
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    otherwise great ideas here :)
    It sure is fun to think of other things to make the game more fun
    I especially like the plenty of gold for eye shots idea lol, ive been preaching that idea
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    scallywagscallywag Registered Users 13 Posts
    Wow! It works. That is Awesome!! Thanks, DJRadNad. I never knew about that... I was able to dial back a 64 power scope to 16 power. Fan-******-tastic.
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Zoo escape in new york scenario floats my boat
    ( + )
  • Options
    Snipeing from roof tops escaped animals would be interesting addition
    ( + )
  • Options
    BeekerBeeker Registered Users 57 Posts
    I would love some long range hunts, or even target practice. I like watching the bullet travel down range on the final kill shot of the hunt, I usually leave the furthest animal for last.

What about some club hunts were a herd is standing still until you start shooting then they scatter, or attack you. Sick of the stampedes and onslaughts.

I like the dinosaur idea in the second hidden world. The first hidden level was great.
    Would like a bounty for leg and eye shots.
    How about awarding gold for hitting the jumping fish or the dragonflies.

Please let us buy gold with Hunter Bucks. Based on the price Glu has on Pistols and AR, they value gold to HB ratio at about 750 to 1. So round it up to an even 1000 HB per 1 gold. I doubt they would ever do that though. Make it 10,000 HB per G even.

Glu should also add an area were you can go hunting without energy, like in DH Challenge. The cash won was of course much less, but it kept me in the app. Now when I run out of energy I close your game, and do something else. Another option other then low dollars won would be to shorten the wait for energy. If you are actively playing the practice games then you get a new energy tick every 5 minutes instead. Or every ten mini games earns you one energy.

Another cool thing about DHChallenge was the trophy room, it kept stats like distance, weapon used, and it had a 3D screen shot of the animal in the pose that you hit it in, with a trajectory of your shot in and out of the animal that you could rotate 360 degrees, for the top 5 of each type of animal killed. Only thing it did wrong was use animal weight to rank the top 5, should have used shot score instead.

I wish scope power was only recommended and not mandatory. I like the challenge. The boss hunts are so boring. Pay a bunch of money to upgrade, read about how "ferocious" the animal is, and then simply use the scope on your rifle with infrared and kill it in 2 seconds with one shot. Boring.

I like the hollow points, IR battery, and energy drinks. It's fun to try to get 60 birds in one hunt.
    I love the hunts where you get to stand high above the normal scene, or really far behind where you normally stand.
    I hate the restricted movement and range. Let us move side to side at least some on every hunt. And don't restrict our rotation so much. I can't stand it when I am tracking a running animal and my gun hits an imaginary wall I was apparently next to. I understand that you won't let us have 360 deg rotation because then the levels would take 2x to create and to download, but if I can see it then let me shoot at it. Open up the rotation allowed but add scenery that it runs behind before I run out of movement allowed.

There should be hunts in the main regions that are timed, have the normal required kills to have a successful hunt but let us keep shooting more animals until the time runs out.

Let me hear your comments. Anyone else think these are good ideas. Add yours too. We can help make a great game even better, let's tell them what we want, and hopefully they are wise enough to give it to us.
  • Options
    Probably the best list of suggestion I have read so far on this game Beeker!
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    Jesus LivesJesus Lives Registered Users 123 Posts
    Zoo escape in new york scenario floats my boat

Amen brother
  • Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    Hopefully GLU will seriously consider these great ideas! I like the helicopter hunt idea also. Been there did that for real, it was a blast!!!
  • Options
    GAMESLAYERGAMESLAYER Registered Users 92 Posts
    scallywag wrote: »
    Wow! It works. That is Awesome!! Thanks, DJRadNad. I never knew about that... I was able to dial back a 64 power scope to 16 power. Fan-******-tastic.

With a rifle, you can also change the power of your scope while hunting. Just raise your gun up and press on "S" or "W".
  • Options
    BeekerBeeker Registered Users 57 Posts
    Does anyone else wish glu showed you if you have played a particular club hunt or not yet. Maybe a check mark next to it or the number of times you have hunted it, or the number of animals you have killed.

Another suggestion for DH would be to set up more scenarios where you could kill 2 animals with one bullet (rifle, pistol, AR) because there was an animal behind the one you were shooting. I would set that shot up in DH Challenge whenever I could.
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Beeker wrote: »
    Does anyone else wish glu showed you if you have played a particular club hunt or not yet. Maybe a check mark next to it or the number of times you have hunted it, or the number of animals you have killed.

Another suggestion for DH would be to set up more scenarios where you could kill 2 animals with one bullet (rifle, pistol, AR) because there was an animal behind the one you were shooting. I would set that shot up in DH Challenge whenever I could.

That is a great idea about having a check mark or something similar to let you know that you played the club hunt. I like playing all of the club hunts so the check mark would be very helpful.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Beeker wrote: »

I have been thinking about this for a while but always forgot to mention it.

It would make sense if say you are shooting on a low lvl with a high lvl gun

If they reguire 250 power to kill and your gun is 500+ the extra amount should carry over and as long as the power is double it should be enough for the double kill
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    The ability for the bullet to over travel and take down two animals would be a great added realism for solids (non expanding ammo)
    ( + )