Options

things to do when bored in region 10

vid666vid666 Registered Users 76 Posts
Here are some challenge to keep you busy if you are done with the game and bounties like me in region 10. I have done all these personal challenges:
1)predator black bear hunt: go for 3 eye shots
2)gray wolf predator hunt: go for 3eye shots. I am working Unsuccessfully on trying to kill 4 wolves using the trick in #6 to get 4 kodiak bears since 4 gray wolves spawn unlike only 3 arctic wolves. Sometimes the 4th is across the river in the field to the right. So far no luck at getting all four.
3) onslaught polar bear hunt: make the last kill behind the big rock they spawn behind so you get the aerial view of where they spawn. You will see a flash of white above the rock and a second later a flash of head just before he emerges. Go for the headshot when the head flashes and that last kill behind the boulder.
4) 8 elk and bison hunts: two challenges. First using a shotgun close you eyes and fire up the center until you win or lose. Next try for the last kill with a rifle just as one spawns so you see where they come from. They emerge from solid ice. White walker elk and bison for you game of thrones fans!
5) 6 bison hunt: kill one in the river where they spawn in the upper right behind the trees and then verify the body by making the last kill in that corner so you see the body. You have to shoot high and through the trees. They start in the river, climb on a bank, cross the river again, then come down the trail. You must kill one in the river spawn, not the second river crossing. Also killing the last one as he leaves the screen so you get to see the aerial shot of where they go is cool. It is a tiny trail.
6) 3 Kodiak bear onslaught: try and kill 4 bears instead (not counting 2 with 1 shottie blast). I finally figured out the trick so you don't get the aerial shot and have time to shoot 4 bears nearly every time. Hint: there is no aerial shot on a very close up shot making the round last another couple of seconds.
7) 12 spurwing ducks: shoot 14 or more. Get to 11 then wait for a pack. I find the elite headsman pistol has great spray and pray capabilities over the shottie even.
8) 12 wolverines: Try for 12 shots, 12 kills against these armor plated vermin. I finally found the perfect spot for the rifle scope and they all just cross there to die vs my cog. Fun to let the last one run straight away from you and clip him over the log at the end and you get to see the aerial of their big bush hideout.
9) 8 moose onslaught: try to kill them with 5 or less shots using shottie. It is hard. Fun to see aerial view of their spawn. Move all the way to the left and clip your last kill as you get a glimpse way up the path. They have a nice boulder strewn trail before they get to you.
10) 6 Dall sheep: move to the left and save the last kill as he exits way down the river. You will get a glimpse of horns to hit and it will take a few tries so save some time on the clock. They jump down the bank, run, cut left, then right, then left again . you will barely see a glimpse of horns near the end Where a rock makes a "v". Hit that and you see the aerial view of where they are going. Apparently Dall sheep are like lemmings and drown themselves.
11) 3 arctic wolves predator hunt: I got nothing fun here except 3 eye shots. Usually I just pistol them to death and move.on.
12) 6 musk ox: got nothing fun here either except clip the last one way the heck out there to get the longest aerial view in the region. I'm flying! Kind of...

Comments

• Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    Good stuff. I think I have done all of these as well, except for the shot gun/close your eyes one! Gonna try it right now. One thing I've noticed on the 6 Bison contract hunt is if you move your hunter all the way to the right and make your final kill just left of the long tree your bullet will fly to the right of the tree for the final kill and usually misses the animal entirely. This is the only thing I can think of that you have not listed :)
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    RitaCarrollRitaCarroll Registered Users 54 Posts
    Thanks for all these hints. I've come across a few of these kinds of things by accident, then took screen shots. I know, it's not easy being weird. Now I have something to look forward to.
  • Options
    vid666vid666 Registered Users 76 Posts
    I got got really really close to getting the fourth gray wolf just now. So leave two in a line where one will charge straight at you. Kill the other random two. Then scope the fourth and wait for the third to charge you. Be in a straight line with the charge and the fourth wolf. I was offline a fraction and had to move my scope a bit when the third one jumped in my face so when I killed him I had that extra half second to shoot then fourth but because I was off a bit I was literally a quarter second too late... Maybe tonight that fourth one dies. Earlier I had a spawn with 5 grey wolves which would be even harder still.
  • Options
    mdjdmdjd Banned Users 33 Posts
    Find a job and try to support yourself, OK? Then you'll not be bored.
  • Options
    KingdinglingKingdingling Registered Users 211 Posts
    Find a job and try to support yourself, OK? Then you'll not be bored.

***. you're not supporting them so what's it to you what they do! Furthermore it's obviously you don't have anything to do or a job that you are here reading and posting on the DH forum.
  • Options
    Jesus LivesJesus Lives Registered Users 123 Posts
    Whatcha gonna do when region 11 runs wild on you?
  • Options
    BeekerBeeker Registered Users 57 Posts
    vid666 wrote: »
    6) 3 Kodiak bear onslaught: try and kill 4 bears instead (not counting 2 with 1 shottie blast). I finally figured out the trick so you don't get the aerial shot and have time to shoot 4 bears nearly every time. Hint: there is no aerial shot on a very close up shot making the round last another couple of seconds.
    I have killed 5 bears, 1 per shot, with the Force. It has a faster fire rate. Managed to get 2 extra bears after the third bear attacked.

Great list Vid.
    I like the 2200X or Force for extra birds.
    Try to brain shot the Ox as they go under the snow bridge.

I have one to add: try to make your wolverines float. If you kill them at just the right time they land on an invisible ledge above the ground, like the turkeys did on that one level.
    Don't move from where they start you, and wait till they run down the hill in front of you from right to left.
  • Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    Try completing the 12 duck hunt with only 5 shots
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    These would make good bounties
    ( + )
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    All of that is interesting, now take it on more step and do it all with the pachyderm shotgun, or a bow. Then write back hotshot!!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    Also try.to complete.hunts.with same shot placement kill for each animal this would be a pretty cool bounty I think
    ( + )
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Los wrote: »
    Try completing the 12 duck hunt with only 5 shots

It takes you that many shots?? :)
    Say What??
  • Options
    Get the ducks as they take off where they bunch together with region 10 shotgun two shots should be within reach certainly had this with spurwing and yes I know they honk don't quack plus they're really slow in taking off making this pretty easy on thule at least
    ( + )
  • Options
    Think it might be eight spurwings on thule if they put 12 up I'm sure the shotgun has enough spread need multi choke shotguns could be a new upgrade to add and solid slug rounds would be cool for long range snipeing with a shotgun
    ( + )
  • Options
    Get two Timber wolves in thule.one shot with a shotgun another challenge timing it right their paths cross making I shot kill this in front of monolith where boat landed on beach
    ( + )
  • Options
    There is 12 spurwings in thule
    ( + )
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    A few things I do to pass time while I wait for 11 or Hidden 2 ...

1) Shoot polar bears in the foot to injure them for an easy neck shot (to finish bounty).
    2) Try to always let the last animal of a predator hunt attack and get off a shot at at least one more (you have to wait until the music stats then be very quick!) I also can usually get off 3 shots at birds after shooting the last one.
    3) Use underpowered weapons like bows that take 2-3 shots for a kill
    4) Try to shoot all the animals right where they spawn (on Hidden 1, often between the nook where the tree to the left is)
    5) Try to shoot all animals right when they are leaving the screen
    6) Fire gun during predator hunt, and wait for 1st animal to charge. Then try to shoot all the other animals before he can get to me.
    Facebook player