Options

Spend more time on new regions

triggerhappytriggerhappy Registered Users 159 Posts
Although I look forward to any new update with this game I would rather glu spend more time developing new regions and animals to hunt than waste development time on these events. There is nothing new to them other than new weapons which you will never use after the event. Yea, it's cool that you win a new weapon for the next region but I would rather just buy the new assault rifle if it meant the next region will be much better. Of course I will continue to play because I like the game but I feel like region 10 was rushed out and not that great. Hidden region 2 was ok (liked the scenery but nothing else) but didnt come close to comparing with Hidden 1 IMO.

Comments

• Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Although I look forward to any new update with this game I would rather glu spend more time developing new regions and animals to hunt than waste development time on these events. There is nothing new to them other than new weapons which you will never use after the event. Yea, it's cool that you win a new weapon for the next region but I would rather just buy the new assault rifle if it meant the next region will be much better. Of course I will continue to play because I like the game but I feel like region 10 was rushed out and not that great. Hidden region 2 was ok (liked the scenery but nothing else) but didnt come close to comparing with Hidden 1 IMO.

I know what you're saying. It takes a while for an artist to determine whether they're finished with it to show the public. And in this case, if they come up with a new idea for the new region, then they want to include the new idea in the previous regions too. Add the promotion of 3rd party advertisers to gain money and making sure their ideas work on all gaming platforms so they don't loose the customers' attention. And then there is the fact that they are building the game as they go along which will never keep up with our demand for more, in the time frame that we want it (now).

The issue is that most of the game has a beginning and an end, with the exception of contract hunts and club hunts for some users. That is why I suggested that they allow all hunts to be reset once completed and maybe the second time around you get a reduced or no currency reward so currency doesn't become even more useless for people that choose to play the game after the hunts 'end'.

These event hunts are less than 1% of the total kills that we rack up through continuous play, so I see your point that they don't buy them much programming time to come up with new interesting regions that we don't mind playing the contract hunts of for multiple weeks.

Good luck Glu. It's hard to predict 'demand' and now you know you have it. Demand says we would like a 100 new regions with a retro active update of the best new ideas to all previous regions. :). Have fun!
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    we would like a 100 new regions with a retro active update of the best new ideas to all previous regions. :).

Okay, you got it. ;D
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Okay, you got it. ;D

Tomorrow then? I'll clear my schedule. Happy Memorial Day, enjoy your weekend.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    Glu, you are doing a fabulous job! I love the game even if the same animals are recycled in the same path with masked landscape from previous regions (I just said that because those are the main complaints I've read on here). This game has had me hooked, now I will admit I played the game after trophy hunts and regional hunts were done just to rack up kills. When you introduced bounties that just absolutely blew me away!!! It gave me more reason to play the game and I got to enjoy completing a portion of the game for 3 weeks (which was about the time it took me to complete all bountie) rather than 2 days of completing regional and trophy hunts. Perhaps introducing a few bounties with every new region would be something to consider. Make them tough, like kill X amount of animals from a region using a weapon from a lower region (as another complaint is we purchase guns and never use them again, well here they go!!). Just an idea. For all the criticism you all take I just want you to know this guy enjoys this game and I look forward to future updates! Thanks for the great game :)
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    streplesstreples Registered Users 85 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Okay, you got it. ;D

add more bounties, such as :
    1. leg and eye shot which right now havent counted yet. i hope all kills with shot previously will be counted when its applied :P
    2. more bounties using different weapons for over populated animals..such as birds, why do birds dont have lung, heart and brains..people will go crazy if aiming for hearts and brains birds lol.
    3. for time attack hunt, it'll be more fun if gettin the stars with fastest time too while allocated time counted down.

new animals such as :
    1. i was wondering why there are no penguins, sea lions, sea dogs & all pole animals.. *btw, will you get protested by the greenpeace/nature environment dept. if adding all super extinct animals? haha :P
    2. it'll fun if you add monkeys to hunt, like shooting them while walking/jumping at trees lol.
    3. adding bats for the flying animals..looks cool, vampire bats *wargh
  • Options
    muskoxmuskox Registered Users 131 Posts
    If Glu develops another hunting game, it needs to be one where you can stalk and sneak and sit in a deerstand and actually hunt, instead of this shooting gallery of a game. It's fun, but not really a hunting game. It is more of a shooting game.