Options

version 2.2

DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
I was looking at the version history in the app store, and just wanted to mention a few things.

Version 2.0 started in march, so its strange they just now added the banner

2.2 release says "New Monthly Events", so in addition to the new region, have they preprogrammed in events? and could their actually be some new kind of events comming out? the G&H patriot furthers my suspicion.

It is a real eye opener to me when I look back at how much they added before I started playing, and it makes me more grateful for the game. Thanks glu!

Also it sucks that each update doesnt count as a new version, I was hoping to get a solid Idea of when all new things have come out :(

The game came out in september, with I believe 5 regions.

The beta started 3 months before the full release, so based on this I am gonna speculate that dinos will launch by the end of july!

And does anyone have the "Liberty Bell" shotgun? I never heard of it before.
My device: iPhone 5c
Choice Dude on Board

Comments

• Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    I was looking at the version history in the app store, and just wanted to mention a few things.

Version 2.0 started in march, so its strange they just now added the banner

2.2 release says "New Monthly Events", so in addition to the new region, have they preprogrammed in events? and could their actually be some new kind of events comming out? the G&H patriot furthers my suspicion.

It is a real eye opener to me when I look back at how much they added before I started playing, and it makes me more grateful for the game. Thanks glu!

Also it sucks that each update doesnt count as a new version, I was hoping to get a solid Idea of when all new things have come out :(

The game came out in september, with I believe 5 regions.

The beta started 3 months before the full release, so based on this I am gonna speculate that dinos will launch by the end of july!

And does anyone have the "Liberty Bell" shotgun? I never heard of it before.

well the game started out at 47 MB now it is 101 MB!
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    muskoxmuskox Registered Users 131 Posts
    I do have the Liberty Bell and if I was smart enough to figure out how to screen shot it for you I would. It maxes out at 2713 power. It was part of a Thanksgiving holiday turkey event. It is an ornate, blunderbuss style shotgun. It scatters well, but I wasn't terribly impressed with knockdown. Reloading is slow as it is ramrod style reloading. Iron sights are not upgradeable. I have never used it again after the event for which it was featured. I didn't particularly like it then, and don't care for it now. If you collect rare weapons, it is a must have. Otherwise, you really are not missing anything. It is a unique gun, no doubt.
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Its a pity a trade in value isn't part of the weapons shop allowing weapons no longer used topart fund purchase of new weapon releases
    ( + )
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Dj, I like your input! But I'm gonna say 2nd week in July for dino's I've got a pretty good track record on guessing the release for new games. And I'm glad you've seen something that said "monthly events" how cool is that! Knowing that we will see something every month is nice. :) T.F
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    todfoxx wrote: »
    Dj, I like your input! But I'm gonna say 2nd week in July for dino's I've got a pretty good track record on guessing the release for new games. And I'm glad you've seen something that said "monthly events" how cool is that! Knowing that we will see something every month is nice. :) T.F

Events seem to have been monthly since I have been playing, and I said the end of july becuase I would rather my guess be later than earlier in order to avoid disappointment :)
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    I kind of like the ****nal I've built. I think it would just be fun to have some bounty hunts or some more special hunts that we could use them for, instead of having to buy new guns all the time to complete special events. Don't buy them back, let us use them to make some profitable gold or platinum. Right now, I'm getting to that point where I think to myself, do I really want to spend the gold necessary to complete a special event, for which the gun I purchase will then become unusable or impractical? As for monthly events, that is cool. They are picking up the pace a little and keeping it interesting. That means there is great potential!
  • Options
    Sounds like you have a nice weapon shop musket, I hear what you are saying. Are we ever going to use the westin bullseye or the Grantham tracker? Those bows were just stepping stones to advance. Just think about this, if someone is just starting DH they would get to region 3 and then start the journey to the lost temple. Then after that they get to region 6 then start earning map pieces for the isle of Thule. The only regions left are 8,9,10 and now 11. So I think that to get to the next hidden region, you will have to get map pieces in reg. 8,9 or 10. So to sum up if your new to the game, it's non stop gaming! Us veterans saw all of this new content, and had to go back to that region and play.
  • Options
    Meant to say muskox, not musket...freaking auto correct!! :) T.F
  • Options
    Todfox, you made me look very far into the future just now (assuming that the game is continued long enough) ... the updates would be HR3, R12, HR4, R13, HR5, R14...

but they would eventually not be able to require completion of bow series in 2 standard regions...
    HR3=8,9
    HR4=10,11
    HR5=12,13
    HR6=??

They would have to change it up at this point, but they have months of planning until then lol

considering that I have already acquired so many weapons, I would like to keep playing the game for a long time, I already feel very invested lol
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    DjRadNaD, you should go to work for Glu's design team. LOL You present a realistic and interesting dilemma.
  • Options
    I dont think that they have made updates to any game that long after its release date, but assuming they do they could just add even more series to each region. At least that would be the best way to do it.

And yea, I think I would have a lot of fun actually working on this game !
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    muskox wrote: »
    I kind of like the ****nal I've built. I think it would just be fun to have some bounty hunts or some more special hunts that we could use them for, instead of having to buy new guns all the time to complete special events. Don't buy them back, let us use them to make some profitable gold or platinum. Right now, I'm getting to that point where I think to myself, do I really want to spend the gold necessary to complete a special event, for which the gun I purchase will then become unusable or impractical? As for monthly events, that is cool. They are picking up the pace a little and keeping it interesting. That means there is great potential!

hahahaha...filter removes the word a-r-s-e-n-a-l
    I would like to have the special weapons available in the weapon shop for purchase...just to build my...the above mentioned word
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    My thought is that Glu is drawing in New players, and keeping their faithful gamers happy! Word of mouth does work! 3 members of my dive team now play, the other 2, just have no interest in games. They see our profession as a game. Being our team leader, I prefer to spend my down time on DH and fishing at my vacation home! My vacation is almost here!! Just waiting for kids to get done with school for the summer. Then back to work for a extremely busy August!! Have fun with your vacation plans this summer fellas!! :) T.F