Options

To Glu: DH 2014 outlook?

What is the future for DH? Will it make it to region 14, with the success of dino hunter it seems that the spotlight has shifted over there. I really enjoy Deer Hunter, but I believe it's coming to the end. It's approaching the 1 year mark and with that said how much more is there for DH? For a lot of die hard fans, I think a DH 2015 would be something to consider. Something that the followers of 2014 could share some input to make it a success! What does Glu have for this great franchise? Thanks, T.F :cool:
Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx

Comments

• Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Anyone care to chime in?
  • Options
    Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    I think the developers are going to have to come up with something really good an different to keep this game interesting. I see too many posts from players that are bored.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I always thought this game was going to stop being updated in September. A year is about the life span of a game like this. I am also thinking that hidden region 3 could possibly be the last update.

I also don't think Glu is making a lot of money on this game to make updating worth it. Tapjoy just makes it to easy to get free gold for iOS users.

Dino Hunters really seems to be promoting in app purchases. And is probably making more money for Glu than DH14 ever did.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    That could be very true, however it did pave the way for dino hunter. I hope they would consider another deer hunter game. Same premise, but different. I hope they will give it a try, we now most of us will give it a chance. These hunting games for Glu are the best games they develope. As for their other games...meh!
  • Options
    I do hope there is another deer hunter game. But I just don't see how Glu can make the game different or better than DH14. There is only so much Glu can do in a game based on real weapons and animals. And I think Glu saw how difficult that would be. Which is why Glu came out with Dino Hunters. There is unlimited animals and weapons Glu can use to make a great game.
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    I think they probably still see good numbers from this game obviously more from dinos, I think it will make it past R14 but we wont see a new one for a while cause there is already dinos which is great too. They will probably make this one last a while, and then utilize dinos til it gets stale and be able to make a new deer game that is very entertaining. The only real question is if they are working on a new engine yet and what it will be like.

Also, why is there no button in DH14 that will send you to the app store for dinos, i.e; "like deer try dinos" type of ad?
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    I did see a few pop ads for dino hunters while playing DH14. But a button that takes you directly to the App Store would be a great idea.