Options

Region 18-- first region you can't lock out a hunt

You can't lock out a hunt in the contract hunts in Region 18.

Guess the developers figured out we all have favorite hunts, and not so special hunts.

Good job, I actually like the change.

Especially seeing the same hunt side by side

Chris

Comments

• Options
    Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts

Guess the developers figured out we all have favorite hunts, and not so special hunts.

Chris

I noticed that also. Now you have to do all the contract hunts. I like it also.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Chris-Old GeezerChris-Old Geezer Registered Users 247 Posts
    Another plus, is hunts are more random..

You can get back to back same hunts in region 18

Great addition,

Chris
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    Region 17 would also lock out a contract hunt if you avoided the other one for too long.
    In R18, I also liked all of the dither animals in the Hunting Series. It was fun to kill all but one of the target animals and then see how many other animals/other species I could take out before finishing the last target. With an energy drink, you could get an extra 6 or so kills on some hunts.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    erocazeesonerocazeeson Registered Users 142 Posts
    favorite are chinkara... they run fast...and far....
  • Options
    Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    favorite are chinkara... they run fast...and far....

This one was a pain in my **** at first, but now it's a good fast hunt that takes some concentration. When the contract hunts become boring I bring up this hunt to spice it up a bit.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Another thing not worth doing; saving the last trophy hunt for HB building. Shooting the last leopard in the head only gets you around 5K more than two contract hunts...
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    Another thing not worth doing; saving the last trophy hunt for HB building. Shooting the last leopard in the head only gets you around 5K more than two contract hunts...

It is more like $13K, but you miss out on all the consumables awarded with videos...
    Say What??
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »

Sometimes you just want to make a quick $2M and not do 10 hunts.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    Perhaps it is a stupid question, but what does "lock out a hunt" mean?
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • Options
    In most of the regions, you will not have two identical contract hunts at the same time. So, if you are not particularly fond of one, you would leave it there and play the other set of contract hunts, essentially "locking out" that hunt. In R18, you can have both contract hunts being the same.
  • Options
    casajr,

In that case, I believe "Locking out a hunt" is a myth. That is just my opinion. Others are allowed to believe it if they like.

I've hunted on both the Kindle and the iPad and it just doesn't work that way. I hate the varmint hunts. I would hunt the right side contract hunts until one came up and leave it there. Then I would hunt the left side until one came up, leave it there and go back to hunting the right side contract hunts. It felt to me that I was just avoiding another varmint hunt as long as I could, but certainly not forever. If I've done it once, I've done it a hundred (thousand?) times.

The contract hunts in Deerhunter 2014 were once described by a moderator as two decks of cards. Leaving an ace on top of one doesn't mean an ace cannot be picked off the top of the other. It is just two random decks of cards.
  • Options
    Not exactly true.....you will see that the payouts are different even if both hunts have the same description, making them different. Or it may be kill 7 boars instead of kill 8 boars. In both cases they are boar hunts, but they are different. I have not been able to have 2 exactly equal contract hunts in any other region other than R18.
  • Options
    Maybe you are right, it could have been a 12 varmint hunt on one side and a 10 varmint hunt on the other. Or it could have been the same number of varmints on each side with a different payout. In that last case, varmints equal varmints and having one didn't keep the other from coming up. I don't remember if the payoffs matched or not.

I went a time with trying to avoid bird hunts as well and it seemed to work the same as with the varmint hunts. That is, having one on one side didn't keep one from coming up on the other. Again, the number of animals could have been different, or the payoffs could have been different, I don't exactly remember.

I am on region 12 on my iPad. I will try it out to see if it is one way or the other. If I find one to match exactly, I'll let you know. I haven't been avoiding varmints or birds so much lately on the iPad, I have been avoiding small and quick deer-like animals.
  • Options
    I'm on R13/HR5 with my iPhone restart. We are at similar levels. I'll check too.
  • Options
    erocazeesonerocazeeson Registered Users 142 Posts
    .... I haven't been avoiding varmints or birds so much lately on the iPad, I have been avoiding small and quick deer-like animals.

...bring back the gazelles !...
  • Options
    triggerhappytriggerhappy Registered Users 159 Posts
    casajr wrote: »
    Sometimes you just want to make a quick $2M and not do 10 hunts.

Exactly. I've been playing this game for over a year. I'm done with contract hunts.
  • Options
    nuggets911nuggets911 Registered Users 191 Posts
    Maybe you are right, it could have been a 12 varmint hunt on one side and a 10 varmint hunt on the other. Or it could have been the same number of varmints on each side with a different payout. In that last case, varmints equal varmints and having one didn't keep the other from coming up. I don't remember if the payoffs matched or not.

I went a time with trying to avoid bird hunts as well and it seemed to work the same as with the varmint hunts. That is, having one on one side didn't keep one from coming up on the other. Again, the number of animals could have been different, or the payoffs could have been different, I don't exactly remember.

I am on region 12 on my iPad. I will try it out to see if it is one way or the other. If I find one to match exactly, I'll let you know. I haven't been avoiding varmints or birds so much lately on the iPad, I have been avoiding small and quick deer-like animals.

so much for locking out hunts.....for the last 70 contract hunts done on "left" side I have had kill 12 golden jackals on right side... Never once did golden jackals of any number come up on the left side.....
    :mad:Glu, if you had any honor you would have already fallen on your samurai sword :mad:
    Android Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    nuggets911 wrote: »
    so much for locking out hunts.....for the last 70 contract hunts done on "left" side I have had kill 12 golden jackals on right side... Never once did golden jackals of any number come up on the left side.....
    I have jackals on both hunts, keft and right...
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    brodeenbrodeen Registered Users 539 Posts

Chris

I just have uncontrolable gun heading on a contract hunt of std region 18 then I press pause. It was halted and new menu appear to be able to choose exit or resume.
    Cheers.
    Device:android 4.2 10.1 Tablet