Options

Canadian geese

Comments

• Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    The Canadian geese contract hunt stopped coming up for me. I just played about 15 games and it should have came up. Maybe glue took the hunt out of the rotation.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    I just played a geese hunt. Seems like glue changed the frequency of how often the geese hunt comes up.
  • Options
    MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    The Canadian geese contract hunt stopped coming up for me. I just played about 15 games and it should have came up. Maybe glue took the hunt out of the rotation.

No, they are still in the rotation. But very rarely. In my case I would say that I get 1 in 20 games.

The rest, black bears, white mooses, green bears, orange mooses, yelow bears, blue mooses, American bears, Japanese mooses, California bears, Wisconsin mooses, rock bears, bluegrass mooses, fat bears, skinny mooses ...

Definitely this is one of the most repetitive regions. Although, overall, I really like DH 2014 and anxiously wait for the next region.
  • Options
    Gary McKinnonGary McKinnon Registered Users 26 Posts
    I finally got all 12 of them. I don't want to c anymore geese til region 9. Lol
  • Options
    Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    I finally got all 12 of them. I don't want to c anymore geese til region 9. Lol

You will see them again. Don't come up often but they do come up.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    I like it when they appear, 12 kills is better than 3! ;)
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    I just wish those hunts paid more if they are going to be so difficult. It takes me an average of 4-5 times to beat the goose levels, I finish most hunts in one try. Downgrading the scope did seem to help. I find that I kill 5 or 6 some games, and all 12 with 45 seconds to spare others. I swear it seems like there aren't even 12 geese sometimes!
    Facebook player
  • Options
    IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts
    I'm just skipping the geese! Done! Too hard to see and too few of them. Wasting all that time for nothing in return. I think they want you to waste the ridiculously small amount of play time before you have to wait for more time to play so they pay out less dollars. Plenty of other contract hunts that at least work decently.
  • Options
    There aren't 12 most of the time. I don't care what they say, they aren't there or are impossible to see.
  • Options
    I played the Canadian geese hunt over 15 times. And I assure you that it is not impossible.
  • Options
    Islander wrote: »
    I'm just skipping the geese! Done! Too hard to see and too few of them. Wasting all that time for nothing in return. I think they want you to waste the ridiculously small amount of play time before you have to wait for more time to play so they pay out less dollars. Plenty of other contract hunts that at least work decently.

Do you really think glu does not want to pay out virtual dollars?
  • Options
    Peteroc317Peteroc317 Registered Users 55 Posts
    Unknown63 wrote: »
    Geese ain't gonna happen for me, tried all of the hints I've seen. The fifth one appears as time runs out on me.
    All the other flying things in other levels I knock out in about 30 seconds. I reckon I'll stick to land critters.
    I've done the geese contract hunt over 20 times. There are more than enough geese to finish the hunt.most are in the waterfall
  • Options
    Get a tablet!
  • Options
    n9uawn9uaw Registered Users 5 Posts
    most of them fly down in front of the mountain, hard to see
  • Options
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    Do you really think glu does not want to pay out virtual dollars?

Maybe...or maybe they just messed up when they made the geese hunt or maybe their eyes are a hell of a lot better than many others.
  • Options
    RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    Hey guys, I've brought up the geese issue to the designers.

There are two issues at play here.

One is that on lower end devices the number of animals are throttled to improve performance. Which makes it sometimes impossible to complete as the requirements are not lowered. We are working on a fix but it might not make the next update as it's trickier then first thought. When that issue is resolved it will help out on all regions and contract hunts for lower end devices.

The second issue is that they are just plain hard to see! We are toying with some options right now that SHOULD make it into the next update but we need to play around with that some. From reading the threads it's not killing them once they are spotted that needs to be fixed, it's actually seeing them in the first place!
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    hard to see, makes the game harder and more interesting. you dont have to succeed on all hunts immediately.... I have failed some of these hunts but succeeded probably 80 percent of the times
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    hard to see, makes the game harder and more interesting. you dont have to succeed on all hunts immediately.... I have failed some of these hunts but succeeded probably 80 percent of the times

Failing because I didn't find available geese quick enough is fine, I have done that many times, but falling because there are not enough geese is unfair. I have always had enough geese, I play on android s4. A game developer admitting it is impossible for some is admirable. All the care they put into the game is too. I have found that the rainy kill 10 geese hunt to be the hardest, the rest are perfectly fine for me. Hope this helps Roone and fyi, your ios fix has been still circulating and helping people.
  • Options

Nobody said they all have to be easy, and obviously some are not not 3 long range lung shots on fast moving animals, but that's hard because it takes practice and skill. Not even being able to see your targets is ridiculous. I finally had no choice because the geese were my only 2 choices on both hunts which really ticked me off. Had to use 15 gold and get the rest the 2nd time around by saving my progress from the first. Maybe your eyes are better than others. Not everyone has 20/20 eyesight. I failed 100 percent on these, never had that happen over and over and over for days on any hunt. Get the geese in the sky and out of the waterfall, or at least more than 2 or 3 of them. It is nice that they are listening to player's concerns.
  • Options
    The next time you play a geese hunt use a shotgun with a level 2 scope. Then use the scope on the waterfall. You can get at least 6 geese in the first few seconds and the other 6 geese at the waterfall shortly after that.
  • Options
    I tried the level 2 scope several times. I am done with it! Why would I even waste time on something so frustrating and impossible to see when instead of wasting my time I can get 8450 each time with a head shot to el Gordon or just shoot bears and moose for 4500? They need to stop putting it on both contract hunts too. Then I have only one choice, el Gordon or back to other regions. I had several people try the geese and they also said it was bs and could not do it.
  • Options
    Gary McKinnonGary McKinnon Registered Users 26 Posts
    I feel your pain I tried for days and I finally got those geese now I am done with the contrasts hunts. I keep killing el grande for 8500 and doing club hunts. lol
  • Options
    I've never failed the goose hunt and frequently have around a minute left on the clock! :p
  • Options
    Ok for those that have the goose hunt down pretty good, try this. Use your Region 8 Assault Rifle fully upgraded. I tried this and got 12 geese my second try. Good luck!!!!
  • Options
    pistoff wrote: »
    I've never failed the goose hunt and frequently have around a minute left on the clock! :p
    I doubt it :p
  • Options
    Bill1957 wrote: »
    Ok for those that have the goose hunt down pretty good, try this. Use your Region 8 Assault Rifle fully upgraded. I tried this and got 12 geese my second try. Good luck!!!!
    Where are you finding them? I have tried the automatic rifle. I can't find 12. One time I found around 9! one time only. Usually I saw 5-6 tops.
  • Options
    I doubt it :p

Easy on an iPad. :cool:
  • Options
    Where are you finding them? I have tried the automatic rifle. I can't find 12. One time I found around 9! one time only. Usually I saw 5-6 tops.

I'm on a IPhone 4S. I am constantly going from normal sight to zoom to find them. Normal sight will show glimmers from their wings, then I zoom in and shoot. I can see where an iPad would make things much easier. I have an Android tablet but I refuse to start over since you can't transfer games between iOS and android.
  • Options
    DeathTweekerDeathTweeker Registered Users 3 Posts
    No problems killing anything on my kindle fire
  • Options
    DeathTweekerDeathTweeker Registered Users 3 Posts
    You do have to zoom in and out to get those geese. Do it without zooming in is a challenge but is possible. Just waiting to see what region 9 has for us.