Options

How to get the Alpine Sportsman [Now live on App Store and Google Play]

Hey all, unlike some other events this event REQUIRES a new update to 1.2.2 on iOS and Android. You will not get an in-game notification to restart the app. Once the Apple store and Android store make the new release live then you can update the game to 1.2.2 and the Alpine Sportsman will be playable! You will not be able to access the Alpine Sportsman until you get the new update.

Thanks everyone for enjoying Deer Hunter 2014!
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    Also as of 4:48 PST at least on itunes the update is not showing yet. We have no control over when Apple makes the update live after we tell them which was a while ago. Trust me we are all waiting as impatiently as you all are!
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I just downloaded the update from apple.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    I just downloaded the update from apple.

It may take a little while for it to propagate through the store for everyone. But glad the update is available for you!

Updated to add: We are now seeing it worldwide on the App Store and Google Play. Amazon has been pushed, but the store update is looking like anywhere between tomorrow and Monday (which we have no control over).
  • Options
    TXCYCLONESTXCYCLONES Registered Users 7 Posts
    Uh oh. Did the update via the App Store. It completed and I hit open, but it won't work. Starts up, shows the little Glu man, then dumps out to home screen.

I shut the phone down and restarted. Same thing. No good.
  • Options
    WmCWmC Registered Users 218 Posts
    No alpine sportsman on android. Upgrade was just a pistol series in region 5 and an assault rifle series in region 6. Both require weapons with lower capabilities than i already own. Just a way to get players to part with hard won resources to buy hardware that has limited use.
  • Options
    TXCYCLONES wrote: »
    Uh oh. Did the update via the App Store. It completed and I hit open, but it won't work. Starts up, shows the little Glu man, then dumps out to home screen.

I shut the phone down and restarted. Same thing. No good.

What device and OS are you using? Also how much open storage is available on you device?

Thanks!
  • Options
    IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts
    WmC wrote: »
    No alpine sportsman on android. Upgrade was just a pistol series in region 5 and an assault rifle series in region 6. Both require weapons with lower capabilities than i already own. Just a way to get players to part with hard won resources to buy hardware that has limited use.

I just updated and see the same thing you do. Pistol hunt in region 5 and automatic rifle in region 6, neither will let you play without buying 2 guns with gold, less powerful than ones I already own. Weird thing is it finally let me play one time in each one with guns I own, but only that one time. Weird. I have no intention of wasting gold on those guns just to be able to play hunts that are similar to others. Totally confused.....I thought we played to win guns, not that we had to buy them to play. I forgot to mention playing on iOS, updated it a few minutes ago then was able to see the 2 hunts in regions5 and 6
  • Options
    HeerDunter2014HeerDunter2014 Registered Users 39 Posts
    I was able to play the first hunt on both 5 and 6. How I have to buy a "sportsman event" weapon. How do I know which it is? I don't really want to spend more $ on guns that are weaker than the ones I have and most definitely will not be buying gold just for these hunts. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    HeerDunter2014HeerDunter2014 Registered Users 39 Posts
    I just posted the same thing too. I didn't see your post but were saying the same thing. Looks like it's only available to hunt using gold coins to buy the guns. That's stupid.
  • Options
    I was able to play the first hunt on both 5 and 6. How I have to buy a "sportsman event" weapon. How do I know which it is? I don't really want to spend more $ on guns that are weaker than the ones I have and most definitely will not be buying gold just for these hunts. Any thoughts?

Neither am I. It appears it is just a gimmick to get you to put out cash for nothing in return. I'll pass, already bought gold 3 times this month. I am done.
  • Options
    A$$hat65A$$hat65 Registered Users 10 Posts
    Nice! More guns for gold required BS. Not happnin'. Thanks for nothing.
  • Options
    WmCWmC Registered Users 218 Posts
    I refuse to buy gold to fund this game. All my artillery with upgrades has been paid for with stockpiled $/points. Current $ stockpile is north of 19 mill. I have top of the line artillery in every category except shotgun and can manage with what I have even slightly under gunned. I don't bother with a pistol for hunts. I have not bought gold or $ and find no need to cheat to build resources. Just buy and upgrade prudently as needed.
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    I had the option to buy for hunt bucks and not waste gold. You have to have the weapon, but don't have to use it. I am using my upgraded Region 8 weapons as primary and the unupgraded forced purchase as secondary. Works fine. Still have enough bucks to fully upgrade when Region 9 comes out and gives me some much needed variety from Region 8 hunts...
    Haven't spent any real money on the game yet and do not plan to start...
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    On android it required the Clayton strongarm for pistol hunt, won it during holiday hunt so I do not know its cost. Hauer stockman for assault rifle hunt, could have been won, costs 146, 225 in game cash.
  • Options
    iPhone 5s. 7.0.4. And 24.9G available space.
  • Options
    Roone wrote: »
    What device and OS are you using? Also how much open storage is available on you device?

Thanks!

iPhone 5s. 7.0.4. And 24.9G available space.
  • Options
    Peteroc317Peteroc317 Registered Users 55 Posts
    I'm on iOS and the Hauer Stockman is not available with hunter bucks only with glu gold and they want 410 golds for it...actually there was a one time offer of 140 glu golds for the gun. I've been playing for over a month now and have almost $3 million hunter bucks but only 4 glu gold and there's no way I'm spending my hard earned real money on a game that is supposed to be free. How come others are able to purchase the gun for $146,000 in hunter bucks and it isn't available on my screen?
  • Options
    Ratchet268Ratchet268 Registered Users 2 Posts
    The ad said complete the hunting series in region 5 and 6 to get new guns. So if I've already completed those do I automatically get any new guns?? From what I read here on the postings it does not sound like what the ad said...
  • Options
    ObetronObetron Registered Users 4 Posts
    I can not find this new download on the app store on my Kindle Fire HDX tablet. Will it be out for that soon also? :(
  • Options
    Ratchet268 wrote: »
    The ad said complete the hunting series in region 5 and 6 to get new guns. So if I've already completed those do I automatically get any new guns?? From what I read here on the postings it does not sound like what the ad said...

You need to complete the Pistol series in Region 5 and the Assault Rifle series in Region 6.
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    Ratchet268 wrote: »

No these are new hunts that were just released today. To get them you have to go into app store and select update, for me it re downloaded the game. Depending what operating system you use, the hunts are different from what I have seen posted.
    Sorry Roone you beat me to it.
  • Options
    DivadogDivadog Registered Users 10 Posts
    I'am in agreement with most of the others, love the game but over the only get this weapon with gold. I will also wait for the next leval.
  • Options
    gman6419gman6419 Registered Users 21 Posts
    Ok Here is the deal. You have to buy a pistol-region 5 and a assault rifle-region 6. Equip these new weapons as a primary and then a higher level weapon (recommend a shotgun) as a secondary. When going on Missions, use your secondary weapon to buzz right through.
  • Options
    Peteroc317Peteroc317 Registered Users 55 Posts
    gman6419 wrote: »
    Ok Here is the deal. You have to buy a pistol-region 5 and a assault rifle-region 6. Equip these new weapons as a primary and then a higher level weapon (recommend a shotgun) as a secondary. When going on Missions, use your secondary weapon to buzz right through.

Understood but I don't think a lot of people on here on ios have that many glu golds to buy the guns unless they buy the gold with real money or watch a lot of videos.
  • Options
    Ratchet268Ratchet268 Registered Users 2 Posts
    gman6419 wrote: »

So any region 5 pistol and region 6 assault rifle? Or the ones you have to use gold (that I don't have) on?
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    You have to use the Clayton Strongarm in region 5 and the Hauer Stockman in region 6...
  • Options
    pawkapawka Registered Users 49 Posts
    Is the stockman still available in region 4 rare hunts
  • Options
    Gimmick, way to try to squeeze money out of you. Very cheesy.
  • Options
    IhateCrappyProgrammingIhateCrappyProgramming Registered Users 49 Posts
    Gues I'll keep my level 8 guns and skip inferior weapons.
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    You can do that, but you win region 9 guns...