Options

Alpine event is here - It is not worth the expectation it created

MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
I got really disappointed when I downloaded today the Alpine event. The ads said "complete these hunting series to earn exclusive weapons" or something like that. But they did not say that to complete the series you had to buy special weapons .... with gold. I know that some players already earned those special weapons in the Christmas special events. I completed all Christmas special hunting series and played all rare hunts that I could with the permits awarded from time to time. It seems that I did not get permits to play enough rare hunts to get the 6 weapons, including those that are now needed for the Alpine event. I just got 2 weapons (a pistol and the Seeker).

The point is that, unless you got these 2 weapons in Christmas, you need to spend gold to buy them for completing the Alpine series (even if you have played DH 2014 hundreds of hours and have trillions of hunter bucks). I spent 60 golds to buy the pistol for the pistol series of region 5 with 1/3 of the golds that I had patiently amassed by watching videos during weeks, completed the 30 hunts and was awarded the region 9 Stingray pistol. Very boring. The same animals of region 5, in some cases with exotic coloured skins which remind me of the zombi animals of the Halloween event.

I will not spend any further gold for buying the rifle which is needed to complete the region 6 rifle series (if I had enough golds to do that). Even if the reward is a region 9 rifle. I will wait until region 9 is released and will buy the region 9 top rifle that can be bought with hunter bucks. This is what I did in previous regions and it was more than enough to complete all type of hunts (series, contract, etc.). If region 9 (and subsequent) weapons are priced in a way that trophy hunts or series can be only completed with weapons (or upgrades) that can be only bought with gold, I will finish my love story with DH 2014 and will make room in the memory of my device. Without resentment.

Many top players have proposed to GLU that gold could be bought with hunter bucks. But it seems that GLU is doing the opposite. It is a valid and legitimate entrepreneurial decision because it will improve the P&L account, so nothing to complain about. Do not take me wrong. I simply say that I was expecting something quite different.

Just my two cents.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts
    Menipo wrote: »
    I got really disappointed when I downloaded today the Alpine event. The ads said "complete these hunting series to earn exclusive weapons" or something like that. But they did not say that to complete the series you had to buy special weapons .... with gold. I know that some players already earned those special weapons in the Christmas special events. I completed all Christmas special hunting series and played all rare hunts that I could with the permits awarded from time to time. It seems that I did not get permits to play enough rare hunts to get the 6 weapons, including those that are now needed for the Alpine event. I just got 2 weapons (a pistol and the Seeker).

The point is that, unless you got these 2 weapons in Christmas, you need to spend gold to buy them for completing the Alpine series (even if you have played DH 2014 hundreds of hours and have trillions of hunter bucks). I spent 60 golds to buy the pistol for the pistol series of region 5 with 1/3 of the golds that I had patiently amassed by watching videos during weeks, completed the 30 hunts and was awarded the region 9 Stingray pistol. Very boring. The same animals of region 5, in some cases with exotic coloured skins which remind me of the zombi animals of the Halloween event.

I will not spend any further gold for buying the rifle which is needed to complete the region 6 rifle series (if I had enough golds to do that). Even if the reward is a region 9 rifle. I will wait until region 9 is released and will buy the region 9 top rifle that can be bought with hunter bucks. This is what I did in previous regions and it was more than enough to complete all type of hunts (series, contract, etc.). If region 9 (and subsequent) weapons are priced in a way that trophy hunts or series can be only completed with weapons (or upgrades) that can be only bought with gold, I will finish my love story with DH 2014 and will make room in the memory of my device. Without resentment.

Many top players have proposed to GLU that gold could be bought with hunter bucks. But it seems that GLU is doing the opposite. It is a valid and legitimate entrepreneurial decision because it will improve the P&L account, so nothing to complain about. Do not take me wrong. I simply say that I was expecting something quite different.

Just my two cents.

I agree with everything you said and that pretty much sums up what friends and family of mine who also play it said. In fact two of them were so ticked off, they just deleted the game and moved on to another one.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    We do appreciate this feedback and will pass it along to the devs.
  • Options
    Peteroc317Peteroc317 Registered Users 55 Posts

Just my two cents.

Amen...it's amazing that the administrators for the last few days before the update was available would chime in and keep us up to date when it would be released...but since the release I haven't seen one post from any of them answering any of our questions especially why can some people buy the weapons with hunter bucks and others not.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Peteroc317 wrote: »
    Amen...it's amazing that the administrators for the last few days before the update was available would chime in and keep us up to date when it would be released...but since the release I haven't seen one post from any of them answering any of our questions especially why can some people buy the weapons with hunter bucks and others not.

Admins passing along timing updates for releases is very different than our commenting on the actual design of the game (which we may not have info on). Also, it's been fewer than 24 hours since the update went live. If you have questions about what to expect regarding responses, please review the announcement at the top of every page: http://ggnbb.glu.com/announcement.php?f=14
  • Options
    Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    The admins don't care about us. They just want our money. Not going to get it from me. When the regions start being a pay to play game, I'll quit and delete.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Admins passing along timing updates for releases is very different than our commenting on the actual design of the game (which we may not have info on). Also, it's been fewer than 24 hours since the update went live. If you have questions about what to expect regarding responses, please review the announcement at the top of every page: http://ggnbb.glu.com/announcement.php?f=14

Understood...do you or any of the admins know the reason why on the Android the two guns needed to play the new update can be bought with hunter bucks and on the iOS they can't?
  • Options
    Swedish HunterSwedish Hunter Registered Users 1 Posts
    In my opinion there is to many whining spoiled kids here.
    I havent spent one dollar of real money on this game but still have had hours of playtime.
    Of course glu is in it for the money, what did you expect.
    Of course they will release events were we spend hunterbucks on weapons we will not use afterwards.
    I dont care, i was not going to use them on anything else after all...
    Lighten upp and see this game for what it is, a business.
    The appbusiness is very fast moving and the admins seems to be doing there best to keep us updated. Quite a few users are very helpfull as well.
    Sure there are things I belive could be inproved but overall things work just fine according to me.
    See things for what they are and set your expectations accordingly.
    All the best from sweden!
    Anders
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »
    We do appreciate this feedback and will pass it along to the devs.

You are welcome.

I really like DH (reloaded and now 2014) and have a lot of fun playing both games. Congrats for the good work.
  • Options
    I was lost and am now found. Hallelujah! I will ask my daddy to reset my expectations driver and problem solved!

Gluadmin: no need to talk to the devs ....
  • Options
    Petrie715Petrie715 Registered Users 3 Posts
    I agree.. I think if you are going to offer a weapon you should be able to pay with gold or hunter bucks.. I'll keep playing but I prolly won't be playing the new upgrades.. I'll just wait on region 9 and keep shooting moose in the meantime..
  • Options
    In my opinion there is to many whining spoiled kids here.
    I havent spent one dollar of real money on this game but still have had hours of playtime.
    Of course glu is in it for the money, what did you expect.
    Of course they will release events were we spend hunterbucks on weapons we will not use afterwards.
    I dont care, i was not going to use them on anything else after all...
    Lighten upp and see this game for what it is, a business.
    The appbusiness is very fast moving and the admins seems to be doing there best to keep us updated. Quite a few users are very helpfull as well.
    Sure there are things I belive could be inproved but overall things work just fine according to me.
    See things for what they are and set your expectations accordingly.
    All the best from sweden!
    Anders

Not complaining about spending hunter bucks that's what the game is about but when they start a new update and only some people can buy weapons With hunter bucks and others can only buy the weapons with glu gold that's where I have a problem...I guess you were one of the ones that were able to buy the weapons with hunter bucks and therefore are a happy customer
  • Options
    RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    The ability to buy the event gun with Hunter Bucks on Android was a bug that was fixed and updated not too long ago. We apologize for the confusion this caused!

We have been keeping an eye on the forums and appreciate all the feedback given both positive AND negative! Though negative comments that are constructive are looked at much more closely than others!

Thanks all!
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Despite the game being at region 7 at the time of the holiday hunts, I played region 4 contract hunts for 3 or 4 days to win that Hauer Stockman, so to see people whining on about how they haven't got one and can't afford it now when they could've done what I did is pretty pathetic.

Boo hoo! :(
  • Options
    Petrie715Petrie715 Registered Users 3 Posts
    So it's pathetic for the ppl who just recently started playing and didn't have a chance to do the holiday hunts? I think some ppl make some valid points and should be taken into consideration...
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    Rewards come with playing the game and whatever offers. It is unfortunate that so many feel cheated but through observation anyone should see that many people who have been playing constantly over a long period of time are happy because they were rewarded.
  • Options
    pistoff wrote: »
    Despite the game being at region 7 at the time of the holiday hunts, I played region 4 contract hunts for 3 or 4 days to win that Hauer Stockman, so to see people whining on about how they haven't got one and can't afford it now when they could've done what I did is pretty pathetic.

Stop being a boastful jerk and use your head. Some people like am and several others I know that play didn't know about this game then and started playing after that event, so they had no opportunity to own those guns. What about that do you not understand? Glu needs to think about newcomers as well as old timers. New comers are the lifeblood of any game.
  • Options
    Petrie715 wrote: »
    So it's pathetic for the ppl who just recently started playing and didn't have a chance to do the holiday hunts? I think some ppl make some valid points and should be taken into consideration...

Exactly, that was my point. There should be a good option for people that had no opportunity to get those because they didn't,t know about this game then.
  • Options
    This is simply an event that lasts from Jan 28 to Feb 13, it is not like you cannot play a new region because you are new; you just do not have the gold needed to enter the event. The holiday hunts required gold to be used to play them. Without playing them or buying rare calls acquiring the needed weapons would have been difficult. It is how special events are handled. Soon region 9 will be out, hunter bucks can be used, and game goes on.

Great thread menipo, your two cents was quite well put.
  • Options
    abynum1abynum1 Registered Users 3 Posts
    I don't mind spending the gold,as I have done it before on the holiday assault rifle and shotgun,but why in the world would I want to waste it on weapons that are inferior to the ones I have already??
    I will also quit and delete if it gets to the point that you have to use gold to complete the regions. In order to get gold you have two options:
    1) Earn it by using all your data allowance watching videos, and getting spammed to death from completing surveys (half of which never give you credit.)
    2) Buy the credits outright; I'm sorry, but have you seen what it would cost to buy all these weapons with real money? I have a PS4 that costs 60.00 a game,I'm not gonna spend that kind of money on a phone app!
  • Options
    Only point to spend the gold is to get the prize region 9 gun. One is a pistol, arguably useless since only special hunts have ever required them. One is an assault rifle, far more exciting, but it can most likely be bought when region 9 comes out. Well there is also the thrill of the 30 hunts in each series but that is just how to get the reward.
  • Options
    BounderbyBounderby Registered Users 31 Posts
    I'm not sure what it is that people expect. This is a very playable free game. Yes, it has been designed to encourage you to spend real money...I think it's called freemium. Because I enjoy the game, I play the game. All the normal levels are playable without spending money, real or glu gold. Because I also read the forums—thank you for your banking advice Kyra420—I have learned about problems and solution within the game. On the occassions when I've had a problem, and not been rude about it, gluadmin has been very helpful...and still no fees. Sure the gameplay could be improved and I see minor improvements with each level (well, very minor with level 8...but there's better use of ground contours, and more confusion in animal movements) but it is a game. I'll keep playing and live with any issues.
  • Options
    JvpmJvpm Registered Users 1 Posts
    Just one question admins: why I need to buy a 5 and 6 weapons if I already have the 8 and 9 ones?
    This is ridiculous!!! I already expended money to be where I am on this game!!! Now, I need to rewind??? Sux....
  • Options
    Coach66Coach66 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Anybody else have trouble "updating"? Every time I start up the game, I get a notice to update, but when I go to the new screen and press "open", nothing happens and when I exit out and "launch game", there are no new events, weapons,etc. I am playing on Kindle Fire HD. Anyone else have same problems, suggestions?
  • Options
    Roone wrote: »
    The ability to buy the event gun with Hunter Bucks on Android was a bug that was fixed and updated not too long ago. We apologize for the confusion this caused!

We have been keeping an eye on the forums and appreciate all the feedback given both positive AND negative! Though negative comments that are constructive are looked at much more closely than others!

Thanks all!

Now that I have the chance, I would like to thank you, Roone. Kyra told me that the solution for fixing the downloading/launching problem at iOS came from you. It was fantastic. Thanks again.
  • Options

Whining ... whining ... Umm ... Whining is inherent to the human condition. This world is full of whining. Whining because one is poor, hungry and too slim. And, at the same time, others whining because they are reach, can stop eating and are too fat.

In fact even this forum is full of whining. I remember someone bitterly whining because when "the low progression level bar" was fixed by GLU, others got much higher levels. That guy was really pistoff.
  • Options
    Kyra420 wrote: »
    This is simply an event that lasts from Jan 28 to Feb 13, it is not like you cannot play a new region because you are new; you just do not have the gold needed to enter the event. The holiday hunts required gold to be used to play them. Without playing them or buying rare calls acquiring the needed weapons would have been difficult. It is how special events are handled. Soon region 9 will be out, hunter bucks can be used, and game goes on.

Great thread menipo, your two cents was quite well put.

I agree with you, but everything, by definition, can be improved. Even special events :cool:

Many thanks, Kyra.
  • Options
    Bounderby wrote: »
    I'm not sure what it is that people expect. This is a very playable free game. Yes, it has been designed to encourage you to spend real money...I think it's called freemium. Because I enjoy the game, I play the game. All the normal levels are playable without spending money, real or glu gold. Because I also read the forums—thank you for your banking advice Kyra420—I have learned about problems and solution within the game. On the occassions when I've had a problem, and not been rude about it, gluadmin has been very helpful...and still no fees. Sure the gameplay could be improved and I see minor improvements with each level (well, very minor with level 8...but there's better use of ground contours, and more confusion in animal movements) but it is a game. I'll keep playing and live with any issues.

I do not know what people expect, but I will tell you what I expect. I perfectly know the freemium concept, but there is an angle that is not usually considered. People who spend hundreds or even thousands of hours playing a game because they do not want to spend real money, are the best testing bench that a developer could dream of. They play so much that they are the only ones who can provide invaluable feedback for developers. So if the game is made "totally free" for them (every item that can be bought with golds can be also bought with hunter bucks, but the most expensive items require such amount of hunter bucks -millions- that only those "top players/testers" can afford to pay them with hunter bucks) GLU would lose nothing (those people will never spend a real dime) and might win a lot (they would continue playing and testing ... for free).

Things can be seen from different perspectives.
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    I remember someone bitterly whining because when "the low progression level bar" was fixed by GLU, others got much higher levels. That guy was really pistoff.

You have poor recall skills then. If you go back and re-read my posts from that time I didn't whine at all, I was just querying why the level jumps were so random. Some discussion then followed about why that might be.

My original point was aimed at people here who were playing when the holiday hunts were active, but chose not to pursue the prize weapons and hang around in region 7 earning hunter bucks instead. Hunter bucks that are useless when there is nothing to spend them on.
  • Options
    You have poor recall skills then. If you go back and re-read my posts from that time I didn't whine at all, I was just querying why the level jumps were so random. Some discussion then followed about why that might be.

My original point was aimed at people here who were playing when the holiday hunts were active, but chose not to pursue the prize weapons and hang around in region 7 earning hunter bucks instead. Hunter bucks that are useless when there is nothing to spend them on.

False expectations and now poor recall skills .... What's next, oh God???

"Seems to be a lot of discrepancy in how the level jumps work. I jumped from three quarters through level 45 to half way through 62 whilst someone else goes from 41 to 67...???"

I would call it whining. Soft whining or light whining maybe. But .... who knows? To whine or not to whine, that is the question ....
  • Options
    I agree with you, but everything, by definition, can be improved. Even special events :cool:

Many thanks, Kyra.

You are quite welcome. Yes improvement is always possible and should be sought. Seeking it in a well mannered and constructive way, like you did in the start of the thread, is certainly the best way to go. This is why admin took the time to chime in, you made very good points in a positive way. So kudos, like I said, great thread. Your two cents was the first and one of the only complaints about the event that was enjoyable to read.