Options

Region 4 and 9 glitching out and can't play.

What can I do to fix it
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    chainsawchainsaw Registered Users 8 Posts
    I have the same issue using my Kindle Fire. It's the Safari scenes only that lock up, not the waterfall or river scenes. Region 4 was easy to bypass because the trophy hunts did not use that scene (if they did, I was able to load just enough to engage the scope. With the scope engaged, it seemed that the hunt worked ok and enough to pass them). Region 9 is totally unplayable. I get the safari scene in the 5th Hunting Series hunt, the 3rd Trophy Hunt and in the Contract Hunt. Now I'm stuck.
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Finally, someone with the EXACT same problem as me! And I mean exact, it seems it's the scene with the ponds on the left and right. It's happening on my android,I also have a kindle fire but did not run into this issue(yet) I'm stuck on region 9 and CANNOT go forward until this is fixed. I submitted a ticket and tried their suggestions, did not work. I hope Glu reads this and comes up with a fix that works,real money is involved.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    joeyb72joeyb72 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Hey everyone I have a issue with region 9 I only did 1or 2 trophy hunts then went to next and now the screen goes half black and blinks on and off..guess its a bug on that new region
  • Options
    joeyb72 wrote: »
    Hey everyone I have a issue with region 9 I only did 1or 2 trophy hunts then went to next and now the screen goes half black and blinks on and off..guess its a bug on that new region

Yep,that's what happens,also in region 4 extremely frustrated!
  • Options
    mwrhgcmwrhgc Registered Users 134 Posts
    I also have the exact same issues.. it totally sucks im stuck and frankly pretty ****ed only becuzthe issue has been on region 4 and was never fixed or addressed by glu.. get only weak advise about phone.. phone isnt issue. The game is buggy period and i hope this new GLITCH.. isnt ignored as at this time i cant even advance..
  • Options
    stratman50thstratman50th Registered Users 9 Posts
    Region 9 will load. Did 2 of the hunts, and several of the contract hunts with no problem. Then I got to my first predator hunt and the game locked up. It would show half screen, then black, then the kindle fire logo like it was restarting the system. It never comes back. Just keeps toggling between half of the hunt scenery and a black screen. The only way to get out is a reboot. Hope cor a fix as it's unplayable at this time.
    By the way, this game has been a lot of fun.
  • Options
    don1923don1923 Registered Users 46 Posts
    Region 9 will load. Did 2 of the hunts, and several of the contract hunts with no problem. Then I got to my first predator hunt and the game locked up. It would show half screen, then black, then the kindle fire logo like it was restarting the system. It never comes back. Just keeps toggling between half of the hunt scenery and a black screen. The only way to get out is a reboot. Hope cor a fix as it's unplayable at this time.
    By the way, this game has been a lot of fun.

My game us jammed on region 4. Screen goes berzerk. I just been racking up guns for weeks waiting for a fix. Glu sends me the same messages. Clear cache, file removals, force stop apps...nothing works. Hoping to just skip it and see if 5 does it. I have actually reloaded the the WHOLE game several times to get the same result = insanity.
    Thanks if anyone can help.
  • Options
    If you do get past reg. 4, be ready for reg. 9 same thing happening there, unless it gets fixed by then. If a region 10 comes out, a lot of us can't play it! So basically this is it for us if the problem doesn't get fixed!
  • Options
    Update. I put in a trouble ticket as they suggested. We'll see how that works out. In the mean time I'm just replaying region 8 over and over... you know, bear bear moose moose moose bear bear bear wolf moose moose moose moose geese bear bear moose....... doink
  • Options
    WoodyWoody Registered Users 57 Posts
    Screenshot_2014_02_14_13_00_18.jpg
  • Options
    maulikmaulik Registered Users 1 Posts
    I am having Samsung note 3 android and I am facing the same problem in region 4 game is crashing every now and then majority of the times it doesn't allow to get access. Reply if anyone has solutions for this.
  • Options
    Update. I put in a trouble ticket as they suggested. We'll see how that works out. In the mean time I'm just replaying region 8 over and over... you know, bear bear moose moose moose bear bear bear wolf moose moose moose moose geese bear bear moose....... doink
    Able to advance today in contract and hunting series.. region 9 certain landscapes still laggy but playable.. i havent tried mudd yet .. it froze phone before as did the others.. i wanted to get the variety in the contract hunts that u dont get if u advance too quickly.. so far ive encountered cheetas lions elephant hippos pygmy hippos rhinos,white lions .. gazelles ..and other hooved creatures i dont remember them all but.. oh yeah titanium plated jackals.. and quail.. thats a good assortment and better then moose bear and wolves over and over. I hope as i advance thru trophy hunts.. the variety doesnt end..
  • Options
    Yup Woody, that's it exactly. I think that as has been said before, it's the particular scenery that does it. Started to hunt Mud and it locked up on me.
    I don't know where the club hunts are. I have a non-HD Kindle Fire. Maybe It's limited. Anyway, the game was fun while it lasted.
  • Options
    RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    Hey guys, what devices/OS are you running into on this. From what I can tell it's Kindle and one Samsung note 3 Android. Any iOS devices so far?
  • Options
    Kyra420Kyra420 Registered Users 563 Posts
    Roone wrote: »
    Hey guys, what devices/OS are you running into on this. From what I can tell it's Kindle and one Samsung note 3 Android. Any iOS devices so far?

Seems like you trying to help people and address this issues falls on deaf ears (or blind eyes since it is a failure of reading). I mean you post a link, ask people to come here and it doesn't happen, perhaps people would rather just complain than help someone who is trying to help them; I do not know, but whatever and to move on.
    Although I have luckily only had minor issues that I have been able to troubleshoot myself on my Galaxy S4 I do read through the forum enough that perhaps I can help some.
    The glitching out thing does seem to be only on kindle and android devices, I never had this issue so I have no thoughts on it. The stuck checking for updates, game refusing to load did occur the other day for me. I powered my phone off, without it plugged in, for at least 15 seconds and then powered my phone back on and issue was solved and it did not happen again. As far as the crashing after every hunt thing, mine crashes periodically, not every hunt, but sometimes several times a day. The crashing occurs because a download/play whatever game pop up fails, or whatever it does, and closes the game out taking me to phone screen. I believe this has to do with google and not dh14 but you definitely would know better than me. In addition I do suggest that android users clear the cache often, a huge amount of data is stored in it and clearing it does not negatively impact the game.
  • Options
    Everyone take a good look at Woody's screen shot..this is exactly what's happening in region 9 on trophy hunts. not sure about region 4 like some users said but I did that region long ago with no issues. Glu engineers, stop fartin around wasting time opening rare hunts and fix the known region issues first. This isn't a device issue it's a software issue. We'll be waiting for the next patch that fixes this soon. Maybe its a memory glitch that draws too much from the device. I'm sure every new region they add more scenery and various other things that would make the app/phone glitch out. If its freezing devices rendering them unusable I'm sure it will be addressed. Any how I was able to complete region 9 by changing a few things on my device. This seemed to clear up the glitching. I went to system settings, then developer options and went to background processes. Changed it to no running background processes. Started the app and waited until it said preparing deer hunter. At that point I put my droid bionic into airplane mode. Went to region 9 and played a few contract hunts first (3 or 4). Then went to trophy hunts and was able to finish them all off without the glitching. Being that I was able to do all regions before this one without changing anything on my device simply says it points to a development issue. Glu engineers, I will continue to rack up my hunter bucks on region 9 while region 10 is prepared(hopefully without the same issues). Interested in what region 10 will have to offer. Looking forward to maybe a South America, Yellowstone, or Colorado hunt? Bring it on! :)
  • Options
    What can I do to fix it
    Michael, try my suggestion. Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    I got a response on my trouble ticket acknowledging that they were aware of the problem and working on it. The next day, Friday If I recall a patch came out and installed. Really didn't help. I can see more of the scenery, but it's still flashing in and out. Still unplayable. I sent a response back to you on my ticket. Hoping for the best. I do like this game LOL. Just playing region 8 and earning cash.
  • Options
    joeyb72 wrote: »
    Everyone take a good look at Woody's screen shot..this is exactly what's happening in region 9 on trophy hunts. not sure about region 4 like some users said but I did that region long ago with no issues. Glu engineers, stop fartin around wasting time opening rare hunts and fix the known region issues first. This isn't a device issue it's a software issue. We'll be waiting for the next patch that fixes this soon. Maybe its a memory glitch that draws too much from the device. I'm sure every new region they add more scenery and various other things that would make the app/phone glitch out. If its freezing devices rendering them unusable I'm sure it will be addressed. Any how I was able to complete region 9 by changing a few things on my device. This seemed to clear up the glitching. I went to system settings, then developer options and went to background processes. Changed it to no running background processes. Started the app and waited until it said preparing deer hunter. At that point I put my droid bionic into airplane mode. Went to region 9 and played a few contract hunts first (3 or 4). Then went to trophy hunts and was able to finish them all off without the glitching. Being that I was able to do all regions before this one without changing anything on my device simply says it points to a development issue. Glu engineers, I will continue to rack up my hunter bucks on region 9 while region 10 is prepared(hopefully without the same issues). Interested in what region 10 will have to offer. Looking forward to maybe a South America, Yellowstone, or Colorado hunt? Bring it on! :)

Certainly seems to be a device issue and extremely device specific when only a handful of devices out of thousands are experiencing this on only one of the four platforms that the game is on. It is easy to say get it together and fix this but how do you expect that to occur when they have no idea what few devices need fixing and what specific software is causing it? I don't see it as farting around to bring me new content when I have no issues with prior content. When they ask for help to fix what is really a minor issue (very few people affected) then provide it or don't complain when it isn't fixed. Seems simple enough. Great job on troubleshooting the issue and glad you got it worked out so that you could play, hopefully it will help others do the same and hopefully it will give the programmers the needed information to get it fixed.
  • Options
    Roone wrote: »
    Lg optimus L9. Android..i sent a support ticket.got a replythat they are aware and actively workin on a fix.. but region 4 was never fixed dont know why region 9 would be a priority
  • Options
    Hopefully how they fix the region 9 issue will fix region 4 also. Region 9 is probably priority because if you cannot complete it the release of region 10 will be useless to you. That is a very legitimate complaint on your part, hope it all gets worked out for you!
  • Options
    I understand that its just a game that we all enjoy playing. But if I were to be spending real $ buying weapons and having the game lose all my data I would have never played it again. Take a look at the play store and the reviews it has. There are plenty of complaints on there pointing out handfuls of android issues as well as iOS glitches. Point being, they should test the app as well as they can in "dev" (development) environment on all platforms before releasing to the public. I also realize that an app or game in this day and age needs to stay fresh and on the cutting edge to be successful. I see lots of users spending a ton of real bucks on the game that continually has performance and data saving capabilities. I do like the game but will never spend a dime as long it has these issues. Being in the tech field I enjoy finding workarounds for other people's mistakes or faults. I'm happy to say that at least the developers are aware that there are issues out there especially region 9 that they are working on fixing. As far as now, I'm still racking up some major bucks on region 8 and 9 awaiting #10.
  • Options
    Update:
    So I put in a ticket as requested. Still nothing has been done after several updates. Now there are new hunts in multiple regions including 4, which I thought I had made it through.
    Now I'm at the scenery that locks up in every hunt in region 9 and region 4. The game is unplayable. I'm locked out of the new stuff, map pieces etc because of region 4.
    Automated we're working on it emails from glu. I won't spend a penny on this game or any of their others now. I haven't rated this yet, but I believe it's time to get on Amazon and rate the customer service. Oh, if it doesn't work on Kindle, don't sell it through Amazon, which is the app supplier for kindle.
    I was being patient, now I'm just disgusted.
  • Options
    rdavio1rdavio1 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I have region 4 and 9 glitches on both my droid bionic and hp7 tablet
  • Options
    Still no fix for region 9 .. now we have a special hunt there to recieve region 10 weapons.. thx glu.. u suck .. cant finish region 4 to getin Lost Temple..cant finishzombie huntsin region 9... pathetic.
  • Options
    Update:
    So I put in a ticket as requested. Still nothing has been done after several updates. Now there are new hunts in multiple regions including 4, which I thought I had made it through.
    Now I'm at the scenery that locks up in every hunt in region 9 and region 4. The game is unplayable. I'm locked out of the new stuff, map pieces etc because of region 4.
    Automated we're working on it emails from glu. I won't spend a penny on this game or any of their others now. I haven't rated this yet, but I believe it's time to get on Amazon and rate the customer service. Oh, if it doesn't work on Kindle, don't sell it through Amazon, which is the app supplier for kindle.
    I was being patient, now I'm just disgusted.
    Same issues here .. froze out of all new content.. its freakin ridiculous..region 4 has been messed up for months..glu new bout that... released region 9 with SAME MESSED UP MAP..no fix..released new hunts in Region 4..no fixyet.. new hunts region 9 .. no fix.. thats bad enough bit to make PROGRESSIVE HUNTS in thoseregions makes no sense.. u MUST progress through those maps to get to other new content?? Really ? And no fixes? You start a thread asking for screenshots??? U cant duplicate the problem?? Really ? With massive amounts of posts and support tickets... u dont have the resources to even duplicate the problem?? I call BS!
  • Options
    HerbieTheHunterHerbieTheHunter Registered Users 9 Posts
    Are others still having this issue? I still am on my Kindle.
  • Options
    Yes same issues still unresolved.managedto complete those levels after hundreds of battery removal restarts... found ways to manipulate infrared scopes ..alsopointing weapon to sky while waiting for animals to spawn and come within range helped..what really sucked was when the freeze occured during the last kill during slow motion effects...cost me morethan a few platinum ..and required killing titus for last temple piece 3 times.. but i eventually made it.. good luck..
  • Options
    It is a virus, and cannot be fixed sorry to say, play the game on a different device. Try a "Play MG".
  • Options
    cheeweecheewee Registered Users 4 Posts
    Same problem on kindle fire. Region 4is unplayable except for trophy hunts and regions 5&6 are not much better. Region 7 plays perfect.