Options

Open Season - Total Platinum 272

2Next

Comments

• Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    I gotta say, the returns on this open season event aren't really worth the effort. Stupidly, I forgot to upgrade the pistol before doing the update, so the hunter buck prices were no longer available and I had to use the measly amount of eagle coins earned to do it instead. Luckily, though, I'd already done the assault rifle to full power before updating and got to keep all the coins earned in region 4...
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    I gotta say, the returns on this open season event aren't really worth the effort. Stupidly, I forgot to upgrade the pistol before doing the update, so the hunter buck prices were no longer available and I had to use the measly amount of eagle coins earned to do it instead. Luckily, though, I'd already done the assault rifle to full power before updating and got to keep all the coins earned in region 4...

I also forgot to upgrade the pistol before the event. Before the next event I am going to buy all of the cash weapons and fully upgrade them.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    FrenchyFrenchy Registered Users 9 Posts
    I dont understand, update is done but I didn't see any event as annonced when I open game ... An idea about ?
    *** Potius Mori Quam Foedari ***
  • Options
    BlikenBliken Registered Users 8 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    If you want to play the event, then yes you need to buy the required weapons. If you don't want to play the event, then don't buy the weapons.

This is nothing new for event weapons.

I understand that but if I could buy the weapons with dollars instead of using gold. I know the creators need to make money and that is how they make money by us having to spend "real money" to buy gold to use that gold to buy region 4 assault rifle. Oh well I will wait for region 11 or lost region 2 to open up.
  • Options
    biggamepisalbiggamepisal Registered Users 115 Posts
    This whole update and new region were absolute ****.
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I could have bought cog rifle for cost of buying sa2 and glu upgrades but I found the turkey shoot playable enough and the plats upgraded barton bow just grip left to upgrade luckily I had pistol from a previous event I preffered winning next region weapons for event would have been nice so I'm wondering if hidden region 2 requires plats otherwise why run an event to upgrade barton bow?
    ( + )
  • Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    I could have bought cog rifle for cost of buying sa2 and glu upgrades but I found the turkey shoot playable enough and the plats upgraded barton bow just grip left to upgrade luckily I had pistol from a previous event I preffered winning next region weapons for event would have been nice so I'm wondering if hidden region 2 requires plats otherwise why run an event to upgrade barton bow?

I'm assuming region 2 will have a bow hunt requiring the Barton, but I can't imagine glu not having a similar scenario for acquiring the platinum coins necessary for the upgrades.
    I've only been playing for a month now. Has there been a situation in the past where a required weapon was obtained and upgrading it was not possible when it was needed?
  • Options
    Edygr4Edygr4 Registered Users 29 Posts
    Wow Glu, you made improvements! I want to say I am impressed you putted the Open Season event so early on PC (only 1 day later than Android). But I only have 69 gold. +Westin Nagano is not worth 79 gems. I mean, it is useless in most regions (starting from Alaska) I guess... And 79 gold for a little amount of Eagles is not worth it. (I have 331 eagles now, so...)
    But though the weapons are not so good, I love the event! (I like Turkey hunts and their mid-air jumps!) But I made only the 4 starting hunts...
  • Options
    Los wrote: »
    I'm assuming region 2 will have a bow hunt requiring the Barton, but I can't imagine glu not having a similar scenario for acquiring the platinum coins necessary for the upgrades.
    I've only been playing for a month now. Has there been a situation in the past where a required weapon was obtained and upgrading it was not possible when it was needed?

The eagles currency came into the game when the bows were introduced. So there has never been a case where upgrading was not possible.
    I agree the bow must be a planned weapon for a future event. It just seems strange the open season event didn't award enough eagles to fully upgrade the bow.
  • Options
    Wonder if open season events will pop up in other regions tons of platinums hinted at originally
    ( + )
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    I agree the bow must be a planned weapon for a future event. It just seems strange the open season event didn't award enough eagles to fully upgrade the bow.

It's an interesting strategy Glu is using that promotes stock piling platinum for future regions...as an analogy it kind of seems like if they were Starbucks, they gave us a Starbucks rewards card we can only use for seasonal drinks. Glu is in a time crunch to make sure people don't forget about their stock piled platinum to bring them back to the game.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    biggamepisalbiggamepisal Registered Users 115 Posts
    Net or gross? What happened to "tons of eagles". Another dismal Glu games failure as far as I am concerned. Lousy update. Lousy concept. Huge disappointment.
  • Options
    Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    Net or gross? What happened to "tons of eagles". Another dismal Glu games failure as far as I am concerned. Lousy update. Lousy concept. Huge disappointment.

Better than nothing I suppose.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    The eagles currency came into the game when the bows were introduced. So there has never been a case where upgrading was not possible.

They may have something else in store for the platinum eagles,so I'm holding off on spending them on the Barton for now.
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    So are all the millions in Glu bucks now worthless??
    Say What??
  • Options
    Hunter bucks normally upgrade weapons was.odd this event open season glu gold or platinums were used cleaned me out of glu I was hoping to spend on cog rifle
    ( + )
  • Options
    chupchup Registered Users 2 Posts
    I play on android 4.2.1. Still no event. Even i have updated thh game from google play. Need help, please.
  • Options
    shaggy1931shaggy1931 Registered Users 1 Posts
    what i wanna know is y when it says for open season for the pistal i need one with 83 ok but i have a pistal with 88 and it is still not letting me do any more lvs in open pistal sec on either i think its dumb that i have a pistal that can do it and it not let me because im not using the one listed cause i dont have enough gold to get the one listened so can someone explain on one i have more then enough power and it not let me and on the other i still have more then enough and it still not let me cause im not using the one listed
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    It doesn't matter how much platinum you win, when you can't play the freaking event! I like so many are still waiting to see it! I wish just ONE time Glu can get their **** together and come through with what they advertise. I can't remember when a update was sent out with no f'ups!! And if anyone think this is to harsh, then prove me wrong, I bet I can find a thread that will back me up.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    todfoxx wrote: »
    It doesn't matter how much platinum you win, when you can't play the freaking event! I like so many are still waiting to see it! I wish just ONE time Glu can get their **** together and come through with what they advertise. I can't remember when a update was sent out with no f'ups!! And if anyone think this is to harsh, then prove me wrong, I bet I can find a thread that will back me up.

I have come to the conclusion that I will never buy an android device. It seems the constant frustration waiting for updates and problems with games turns people very bitter.
  • Options
    mbah168mbah168 Registered Users 17 Posts
    I have come to the conclusion that I will never buy an android device. It seems the constant frustration waiting for updates and problems with games turns people very bitter.

Hi Bro Sheppeck.

In my opinion,
    Android device is slightly better than iPhone.

I have both iPhone 5s and Samsung Galaxy Note 2 & 3.

Head-to-head,
    in my humble opinion,
    Samsung Galaxy Note is slightly better that iPhone 5s :)

Have a wonderful day !
  • Options
    mbah168 wrote: »
    Hi Bro Sheppeck.

In my opinion,
    Android device is slightly better than iPhone.

I have both iPhone 5s and Samsung Galaxy Note 2 & 3.

Head-to-head,
    in my humble opinion,
    Samsung Galaxy Note is slightly better that iPhone 5s :)

Have a wonderful day !

To me phones are all basically the same. I just use my phone to check my email and play games. And it seems to me from this forum that games on android devices are where android devices comes up very short compared to iPhones. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Not when it comes to screen size, though, eh!
  • Options
    I'm touching wood when I say this but apart from non existent arrows region 10 prey goin on hols and zombies not awarding plats my android has been relatively smooth
    ( + )
  • Options
    JairusJairus Registered Users 13 Posts
    Just as we waited till everyone finished region 10, this open season is not on for me. (S3, East Africa). NB: I only got region 10 update last week!!