Options

Crashes on Area 4

I am using the game on a Kindle Fire. I checked for the latest update and I have it. I have had this problem before and uninstalled the game once already. I am back up to Region 4 now and every time I attempt a hunt, the game freezes. I get partial screens, overlapping screens, clicking noises from the Kindle and then I am forced to shut the unit off in order to do anything.

And yet, I see a lot of people can get past this stage. What do I need to do to address this?

Thanks.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    This is what I can tell you, it seems to be a unlikable bug! It has shown up on different devices. Fortunately my kindle and my son's kindle we not effected. But my phone was. It seems when your device has this bug there is nothing you can do to get rid of it! It's some sort of virus. I have tried everything BELIEVE ME! If your kindle fire is still under warranty try to get it replaced, say it was shutting down on you all the time. If you like the game, try a different device. I only got a new phone because my old one was out dated. No problems so far with either. ( I ment unfixable bug not unlikable bug). Good luck!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    HerbieTheHunterHerbieTheHunter Registered Users 9 Posts
    same problem for me. I think the issue was introduced at some point with one of the updates. I got through region 4 fine when it was released and then I got to region 9 and the map with two ponds always causes my Kindle to crash. I went back to region 4 later when the hidden regions came out and could not play region 4. GLU appears to be aware of the issue, as they replied to one of my posts in the Customer Care forum. I am really hoping for an update that fixes it.
  • Options
    mwrhgcmwrhgc Registered Users 134 Posts
    Why new hunts on this corrupted map?? It makes no sense GLU ..WHAT ARE U DOING?? ****
  • Options
    HerbieTheHunterHerbieTheHunter Registered Users 9 Posts
    this region 4/9 crash is still occurring with the last v2.1 update...same I assume for everyone else?
  • Options
    don1923don1923 Registered Users 46 Posts
    Yup. Mine crashes on region 4 for everything....got through the region 3 Open Season in minutes.
    Moved onto 4 and the first hunt went fine, now it crashes. Wasting tons of gold on infrared and energy drinks cuz that seemed to work on other crashed hunts but this one just goes black as soon as I kill the last animal, which would be fine I guess if I got the credit when I rebooted. But I don't.
    Win some lose some. I love the game but for a public traded company, they need to get one board member to at least play the game. I have offered to consult but got no response. Happy hunting or crashing or whatever stage you are on today!!!
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    The team is aware of the issue but there doesn't seem to be much they can advise for lower end devices outside of ensuring no other apps are running in the background.
  • Options
    arsoncoparsoncop Registered Users 4 Posts
    I play on a Android Razor Max and the fact I can not play region 4 hurts me in the game. I can not advance, I can not get hidden regions, nor certin weapons. It is a shame after puting some many hours into the game to get shut down like this. I was able to complete the region 4 trophy hunts, so I was able to move on, then after countless times trying and rebooting my phone I was able to complete region 9. I have completed region 10 now and cant go any further do to the fact I cannot complete the region 4 weapons series. I do not want to just quit and delete, so please fix the issue.
  • Options
    TimFromMATimFromMA Registered Users 3 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    The team is aware of the issue but there doesn't seem to be much they can advise for lower end devices outside of ensuring no other apps are running in the background.

Is a Kindle Fire considered a "low end device"? I hope not because I really have no intention of upgrading.
  • Options
    PZOPZO Registered Users 260 Posts
    I have my old S3, my new S5 & my girls S4. Not 2 mention my Note 3 & my girl's Samsung Mega! I seriously doubt ANY Of those are outdated or inferior, but DH14 constantly crashes & or freezes on every devise! I WILL NOT Purchase another device to play this game! Actually out of all the games on all my devices, GLU games (DH14, ROBOCOP, & FRONTLINE COMMANDOS 2) are the only ones with CONSTANT ISSUES! DayyUm SHame
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    PZO wrote: »
    I have my old S3, my new S5 & my girls S4. Not 2 mention my Note 3 & my girl's Samsung Mega! I seriously doubt ANY Of those are outdated or inferior, but DH14 constantly crashes & or freezes on every devise! I WILL NOT Purchase another device to play this game! Actually out of all the games on all my devices, GLU games (DH14, ROBOCOP, & FRONTLINE COMMANDOS 2) are the only ones with CONSTANT ISSUES! DayyUm SHame

You do realize there are thousands of games? And many different companies that make games?
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    I do realize that & I play plenty. However GLU games seem to be the most troublesome! How many games do you play that gives you all these problems and issues Mr. Sherlock? Honestly?
  • Options
    I play my games on an iPhone 5 and don't have any problems with any games.

And if I did have a problem with a certain game I would probably just delete the game instead of constantly complaining about it.
  • Options
    You are entitled to your own opinion as am I. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the Deer Hunter 2014 forum for comments, questions, discussions...etc.If U don't like what I post..that's your opinion. I'm certainly going to continue posting mine...& trust I'm being nice.
  • Options
    P.S.
    I HATE iPHOnes
  • Options
    Your kindle fire by no means is outdated, I have had 0 problems with mine. If it is acting up in other apps other than DH and it is still under warranty, contact Amazon for a replacement!
  • Options
    PZO wrote: »
    You are entitled to your own opinion as am I. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the Deer Hunter 2014 forum for comments, questions, discussions...etc.If U don't like what I post..that's your opinion. I'm certainly going to continue posting mine...& trust I'm being nice.

You didn't post an opinion. You were just complaining. And in my opinion, complaining isn't going to solve your problem with the game. And if I experienced a lot of problems with a game I would delete it.

P.S. I don't hate android devices since I have never actually tried one. But from reading these forums and seeing all of the problems people are having with their android devices with DH I wouldn't want to take the chance of buying an android device.
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I'm shopping for new kindle this weekend this thread raised a doubt in my mind about 8.9 HD 16gb model do I buy this which is half the cost easily of newer HDX model I don't want to experiance glitches due to earlier technology also I don't want to pay double if I don't need too this will be a long term investment as I dont chop and change often if something works I'm happy with that and anything gotta be an improvement on playing on tiny phone screen also did anything change at 1000 post's no I didn't think it would lest you want to tease me about gift of the gab forums good I can get a word in where as at home I can't so I'm compensating ;D
    ( + )
  • Options
    Straightshooter, like I have stated before, you won't regret getting the kindle. I have the HDX, and love it! But I use it for alot more than just playing DH. I have not had any problems whatsoever. And if I every do Amazon will help you with anything. My son's kindle was shutting down on him often, I believe it was something he did to it, he just won't tell me. Anyway Amazon said to send it in and they would send out a replacement. They did, and it even arrived the next day. All of his data was stored in the "cloud" and was easily retrieved. He hasn't had a problem since. I hope this helps you with your decision. T.F. :)
  • Options
    One more thing, once you play on a bigger screen, you'll never want to go back to the phone! Lol !!
  • Options
    I can't beleive my eyes I hope your on commision T.F. its true what you say I've taken the.plunge 8.9" it's like going to see a movie on the big screen no more straining to make out details who knows I may even seen black geese against a black sky with this time will tell starting over with tutorial you never know I may learn something new ;D
    ( + )
  • Options
    Wishing I'd done this ages ago so much easier on a bigger screen to see what's goin on even if I am starting over even bagged an ak region 2!
    ( + )
  • Options
    Congrats! I thought you would like it! Take your time and enjoy! You can now improve your game with your previous experience and knowledge of DH 2014. And it will be even greater for you when Dino Hunter is released this summer (soon I hope) :) T.F.
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    now you can go back an get gold guns while they are one time offer ;)
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    MirkonCroCopMirkonCroCop Registered Users 2 Posts
    I had the same problem and i managed to pass the map,i just signed into my google+ account and it automaticaly remembers all of you progres than i took another phone galaxy s4 and i just entered thw google+ account and passed the fourth map without any problems.And on the same way it remembered all of the information and went back on the tablet.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    cheeweecheewee Registered Users 4 Posts
    Have tried on 3 different kindles and all cash and hang on level 4.
  • Options
    Patch63376Patch63376 Registered Users 8 Posts
    Seriously is anyone working on this issue? Because replacing my kindle when one program has glitches is not an option.
  • Options
    Do you have any apps that require GPS navigation? That tends to do some freaky things to the game on kindle. I had a weather/marine app that required GPS, I removed it and put it on my phone, now the game is flawless. Kindle fire HDX.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    Do you have any apps that require GPS navigation? That tends to do some freaky things to the game on kindle. I had a weather/marine app that required GPS, I removed it and put it on my phone, now the game is flawless. Kindle fire HDX.

Wow. Kind of a random thing to try, but thanks for sharing!!
  • Options
    nd2nd2 Registered Users 1 Posts
    This is really frustrating especially since glu seems to not know how to fix this glitch!!
  • Options
    Well, it is a very rare glitch, it happened to me a long time ago on a old cell phone. Got my kindle, and it hasn't happened on that. Had some small bugs, but they were fixed. Now I play on iPad and kindle, never want to play on a phone again! The larger screen spoiled me! :) T.F