Options

Sterling Cloak Bow

casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
So what is this used for? New region 6 bow.
Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    It'll be required for the new hidden region....
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    It'll be required for the new hidden region....

Maybe not for hidden region 3. The other 2 bows for the hidden regions are labeled hidden region 1 and 2.

Then new bow might be for a new event.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    I think I'll wait and see if it's needed and for a one time offer.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Thinking about this some more, I realized the labels for the weapons don't mean much. Glu in the past has changed the labels for the weapons.
  • Options
    You were right Eli.

38CFFCC9-9DC7-4A70-81E0-BE8E49DECECF_zpsxuycsekk.png
  • Options
    ZekeZeke Registered Users 42 Posts
    OK, what am I missing? It's a region 6 bow and says "jump right into hidden region 2". But I don't see anything new in either place. Is the event not opened yet or do I have to buy the bow first to open it up?
    iPad 4
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    You were right Eli.

38CFFCC9-9DC7-4A70-81E0-BE8E49DECECF_zpsxuycsekk.png

Beat me to it....
    Say What??
  • Options
    Zeke wrote: »
    OK, what am I missing? It's a region 6 bow and says "jump right into hidden region 2". But I don't see anything new in either place. Is the event not opened yet or do I have to buy the bow first to open it up?

The image got cut off a little. It is hidden region 3. The bow says hidden region 6 on it. And hidden region 3 is not out yet. Probably be released in about 2 weeks. That's just a guess.
  • Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    I got the image pop up but didn't think of reading it lol, thanks for posting it. I just always found it strange that we had to complete the hidden region to get a bow for that particular hidden region, it really didn't make sense to me. Glad they decided to do this. Has anyone bought the bow yet? Curious if it can be upgraded with hunter bucks or is it just like the other bows needing gold or plats.....
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    The image got cut off a little. It is hidden region 3. The bow says hidden region 6 on it. And hidden region 3 is not out yet. Probably be released in about 2 weeks. That's just a guess.
    Are you sure it said region 3? I thought it stated "jump right into region 2"
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    It did say Hidden Region 2.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure it said region 2 on mine. It only showed up once so can't be sure
    iPad 4
  • Options
    That must be a mistake by Glu. And I did think it said hidden region 3. Doesn't make sense it would say hidden region 2.
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    It also has the same max power as the hawk, so why would we need it? Unless it can be upgraded with hunter bucks instead of platinum or gold would be my guess.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    The power level doesn't seem to match up to a region 3, so maybe there will be a new event in hidden region 2 coming soon!
  • Options
    Something else that is odd, in the weapon store it says the Sterling Cloak in "standard 6". It doesn't mention "hidden". Strange.
    iPad 4
  • Options
    It did say hidden region 2, it popped up for me twice.
  • Options
    I really like the action of the bows. The Dixon and the Barton are like an assault rifle, and in my opinion not as much fun or challenging as the traditional bow. I look forward to using this new bow in whatever region or event they have for us!!!
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    so I want to make a guess even though guesses are worthless and glu like to prove us wrong...

maybe in order to unlock HR3 you need to do a series in R6 which unlocks a series in HR2 which finally unlocks HR3?

otherwise I am stumped, and the mention of hidden region 2 was a mistake
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    I got the image pop up but didn't think of reading it lol, thanks for posting it. I just always found it strange that we had to complete the hidden region to get a bow for that particular hidden region, it really didn't make sense to me. Glad they decided to do this. Has anyone bought the bow yet? Curious if it can be upgraded with hunter bucks or is it just like the other bows needing gold or plats.....

I have decided to wait on purchasing the Sterling Cloak bow. It doesn't make sense to purchase it now, especially since it will probably be cheaper later. And the stats are very similar to a bow I already own.
  • Options
    deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    Was wondering what the compound bow was like to hunt with compared to recurve bows and the x-bows?
  • Options
    Lucy DLucy D Registered Users 49 Posts
    "...maybe in order to unlock HR3 you need to do a series in R6 which unlocks a series in HR2 which finally unlocks HR3?"
    Sounds something like the "all around the houses" sort of route that Glu usually send us on!
    xx
  • Options
    DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    maybe in order to unlock HR3 you need to do a series in R6 which unlocks a series in HR2 which finally unlocks HR3?

Here's what I think:
    Since HR1 used regions 3, 4, & 5 and you got the Grantham Tracker from R5, and HR2 used regions 6 & 7 and you got the Dixon Snare from R7, I believe HR3 will use regions 8 & 9 because that's been the pattern so far... So keep your eyes peeled for Rare Hunts in 8 & 9 and perhaps a new bow/crossbow for R9 because this Sterling Cloak is basically a "multi-region bow" since it combines the Westin Bullseye and Barton Hawk. I'm speculating if it could even be used for an event soon since it has been the only bow that you can't buy with Plats. Oh how I love Glu's guessing games!
    :cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool:
  • Options
    maybe it is just for new players to skip HR1 and jump into HR2. cause it probably meets requirements for the R6 hunts
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    maybe it is just for new players to skip HR1 and jump into HR2. cause it probably meets requirements for the R6 hunts

Nailed it!
  • Options
    But why would you even want to skip hidden region 1? It's a key part of the game!
  • Options
    deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    I purchased Stirling cloak only to discover it's gold or plats to upgrade I didn't like the look of the gold shoebox gun and the hunter bucks rifle gets the job done on the hunts with pigskin rattler as back up
  • Options
    More Plissken references, I wonder if this developer just really loves escape from N.Y or has a man crush on Kurt Russell? Another good action flick of his is "The Thing" lots of flamethrower usage in that movie! :)
  • Options
    Seems the trophies were just Asian references. I remember I watched the movie red cliff twice, and it is always strange how different Versions have completely different English subtitles. Anyways yea, just Asian stuff haha.
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    No, I was meaning the name of the new shotgun, "plissken rattler"! Like the plissken venom or plissken fang, plissken mamba!