Options

Crashes and Local Data

Well, I have now been robbed of well over 100 in gold due to crashes and restarts resulting in a loss of progress....just great. I understand the developers obsession with cramming ads down our throats led them to remove the ability to play offline, but why in the hell would they remove the local storage of data on your device when this app is so buggy and prone to restart? DH14 has been just as hard to play due to restarts for many months but at least the comparison of local data and cloud data on restart allowed you to keep your progress and your gold.

DH16 is several steps backward from DH14 apart from graphics and is thus far a complete disappointment.

Comments

• Options
    guitsteelguitsteel Registered Users 108 Posts
    Been robbed of another 25 gold this afternoon. This is ridiculous. I spent real money on DH14 but there is no way in hell I am supporting DH16 only to be cheated.
  • Options
    DH16 just restarted and stole another 5 gold.
  • Options
    Chris-Old GeezerChris-Old Geezer Registered Users 247 Posts
    I stopped counting as to loss...
    And some gold loss you don't know how much you lost!

Big problem is have to be "online" to play...
    No more playing in hospital room, or at airports fear me.

Dang it

Chris
  • Options
    erocazeesonerocazeeson Registered Users 142 Posts
    crash restart crash restart badserveradversionerror ... some code etc some more code etc ... crash crash restart...

soon it's gonna be delete
  • Options
    DH16 restarted yet again and cheated me of another 5 gold. GLU obvious has no concerns. I will not be supporting this game with real money as I did DH14. What a shame...had been a good app.
  • Options
    I completed free gold offers by downloading Trulia app (4 gold) as Solitaire (6 gold). In both instances the gold popup appeared, but neither amount was added to my gold sum. More theft by GLU.
  • Options
    GLU just stole another 10 gold. This time on a standard logout. Game would have been just as lucrative if they had kept the local data comparison. Now I encourage everyone to withhold all financial support for this turd.
  • Options
    RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    Guitsteel can you post your player ID?

1. Launch DH16
    2. Tap the screen when you see Tap to Play
    3. In the upper left part of the screen click the Gear
    4. In the upper right click About
    5. Copy down your Player ID (Highlighted in the image below) and reply with it here.

Attachment not found.
  • Options
    Restarted and stole another 5 gold today.
  • Options
    1d498cf506154d298c4cb5b092f9b425
  • Options
    Just went from 344 gold to 329 gold on a standard logout and login an hour or two later. Another 15 gold down the drain.
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    You could try sending in a support ticket instead of continuously live blogging to a public forum where absolutely no one can help you with this.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    My gold is there but I actually get "robbed" of hunterbucks wgen the game cuts off from google play
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    I've had a support ticket open longer than this thread and I am still waiting for a reponse, casajr...do much for your advice. The reason I keep updating this thread is to warn other players of the shortcomings of both DH16 and GLU in general.
  • Options
    Robbed of another 10 gold on logout and login. Logged out with 372 gold. Only had 362 gold when I logged in.
  • Options
    guitsteel wrote: »
    Robbed of another 10 gold on logout and login. Logged out with 372 gold. Only had 362 gold when I logged in.

Same here. Looks like there is a problem somewhere between Google play and Glu. A small disconnect is enough to unsave fameplay even when connection is back :(
  • Options
    Froze...game restarted...lost another 10 gold. Why did DH stop comparing local data?
  • Options
    Logged out with 448 gold...Logged back in with 435 gold...GLU steals another 13 gold. Why do I continue to give DH16 a chance?
  • Options
    There is a problem with data saving. Popups, Google play problems and restarts are all causing disconnects.
  • Options
    Had 576 gold...game restarted and only had 556 gold. Why give GLU money if they are going to cheat you daily?
  • Options
    CdsalmanCdsalman Registered Users 1 Posts
    guitsteel wrote: »
    Well, I have now been robbed of well over 100 in gold due to crashes and restarts resulting in a loss of progress....just great. I understand the developers obsession with cramming ads down our throats led them to remove the ability to play offline, but why in the hell would they remove the local storage of data on your device when this app is so buggy and prone to restart? DH14 has been just as hard to play due to restarts for many months but at least the comparison of local data and cloud data on restart allowed you to keep your progress and your gold.

DH16 is several steps backward from DH14 apart from graphics and is thus far a complete disappointment.
    I agree with you... It seems that this one should be called DH1990!!
    Sorry men,,
  • Options
    Another day...another restart...another 10 gold snatched away by GLU. I 've had a customer care ticket open since before I opened this thread and have yet to receive a reply. Not even an apology.
  • Options
    Logged out with 581 gold...Logged back in with 571 gold 15 minutes later. GLU robs another 10 gold. Great app guys...NOT!!
  • Options
    Logged out with 621 gold...Logged back in later with 606 gold. Nothing is being saved since GLU removed Fury event and began advertising new event. What a joke of an app and of a development company.
  • Options
    DonflaDonfla Registered Users 3 Posts
    Hello!

Yesterday i reseted my phone, and i lost all data. Today i install the game, and i lost my save game. It started at the begining.
    PLS help! What can i do?
  • Options
    DonflaDonfla Registered Users 3 Posts
    I lost my save game!
    How can i get back?
  • Options
    DH16 crashed after watching a video for energy at which time I had 635 gold. GLU stole 15 gold and reduced me to 620 gold on restart.

How difficult would it have been to continue local and cloud data comparison in DH16 as DH14 did? Obviously, GLU simply has no interest in supporting it's product or its users. They are in this to only grab as much cash as they can as fast as they can. They have forgotten the creativity and the support that earned their reputation in the past and built their profits.
  • Options
    Logged out with 180 gold and logged back in with 175 gold. GLU pilfers another 5 gold.
  • Options
    Logged out with 536 gold earlier this afternoon....just logged in and was only credited with 521 gold. Thanks for robbing another 15 gold GLU? Why can't you get this right? Do you even care?
  • Options
    GLU has yet to fix the restart issue. Game froze up when the timer got down to zero on a video I was watching for 10 gold. When it restarted, I was not only uncredited for the gold from the video as I expected, but had an additional 10 gold deducted from my total. I still refuse to spend any real money on this dud as I did on DH14.