Options

Black Screen on Alaska Mission 2 - Work around

RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
Hey all, we've seen several posts regarding players getting stuck on mission 2 in Alaska with a black screen. We will be fixing this in an upcoming release. However there is a work around that might work! We have not been able to reproduce this issue in house so we cannot guarantee this will fix everyone with this. If after re-installing you are still having the problem let us know!

Delete DH16 from your device and re-install! This will not lose your progress.

DH14 players: DO NOT DO THIS WITH DH14. That game does not support progress restoration.

This issue only seems to affect iOS players.

For other random issues on DH16 both Android and iOS players can safely delete and re-install DH16 to attempt to fix it. However doing a factory reset of your device will make it so that we cannot restore your player right now.

Comments

• Options
    wyldfyurwyldfyur Registered Users 1 Posts
    Roone wrote: »
    Hey all, we've seen several posts regarding players getting stuck on mission 2 in Alaska with a black screen. We will be fixing this in an upcoming release. However there is a work around that might work! We have not been able to reproduce this issue in house so we cannot guarantee this will fix everyone with this. If after re-installing you are still having the problem let us know!

DH14 players: DO NOT DO THIS WITH DH14. That game does not support progress restoration.

For other random issues on DH16 both Android and iOS players can safely delete and re-install DH16 to attempt to fix it. However doing a factory reset of your device will make it so that we cannot restore your player right now.
    Still black screen after reinstalling
  • Options
    ParkPark Registered Users 1 Posts
    Did not work for me

• Options
    Park wrote: »
    Did not work for me

Thanks guys for letting us know this didn't fix you! We are continuing to dig into how/why this is happening!

Park and wyldfyur can you answer these questions?
    • Is the screen animated in any way?
    • Do you see any visible changes when pressing buttons?
    • If not, do you hear any button clicks?
    • If so, what buttons are you pressing and what happens?
    • Does the back button work? If so, what do you see when you press it?

Thanks a ton for your help!
  • Options
    Thanks guys for letting us know this didn't fix you! We are continuing to dig into how/why this is happening!

Park and wyldfyur can you answer these questions?
    • Is the screen animated in any way?
    • Do you see any visible changes when pressing buttons?
    • If not, do you hear any button clicks?
    • If so, what buttons are you pressing and what happens?
    • Does the back button work? If so, what do you see when you press it?

Thanks a ton for your help!

Also if you guys could let me know your player id. That allows us to get a copy of your game state to try to reproduce it here.

1. Launch DH16
    2. Tap the screen when you see Tap to Play
    3. In the upper left part of the screen click the Gear
    4. In the upper right click About
    5. Copy down your Player ID (Highlighted in the image below) and reply with it here.

Attachment not found.
  • Options
    4bearscott4bearscott Registered Users 9 Posts
    There are actually two separate behaviors. The first behavior is when the game is first launched. When you try to enter the hunt after the game is first launched then there is no Next button present nor are there any of the green icons. None of the virtual button functionality exists and the screen is essentially frozen. Well there is still music playing there are no other sound effects. Also there exists a dark graphical overlay on the left hand side of the screen. If you use the back button feature present on the device (samsung galaxy note 5) then the game will go back to the launch menu with the pro shop and event screen. Now if you launch the hunt again, the next screen will still be frozen. however there will now be a Next button present along with the green icons. Additionally the Next button is animated and a light sheen will transfer across the button.
  • Options
    b8f7ac6a262745bda2e41d7c5372582e
  • Options
    KcprathKcprath Registered Users 3 Posts
    Also if you guys could let me know your player id. That allows us to get a copy of your game state to try to reproduce it here.

1. Launch DH16
    2. Tap the screen when you see Tap to Play
    3. In the upper left part of the screen click the Gear
    4. In the upper right click About
    5. Copy down your Player ID (Highlighted in the image below) and reply with it here.

Attachment not found.

107342d892a941d880c1784719559aee
  • Options
    Just how long are we supposed to wait before you fix this problem?!?!?!? I gave you money and did not get what I paid for...most call that fraud or theft!
  • Options
    Unfogiven_69Unfogiven_69 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Hi there I'm also on iso platform and since downloading DH2016 a little while ago have only been able to make 1 shot and this is somewhat annoying for me as like many out there plus being a real money gamer have plenty of £££ to spend but my itchy trigger finger is only able to stock up on free energy and free gold
    My player I'd is
    00847ac05a3a48889fb55f05f82d4495
    I'm also using my iPhone 6 device
    Please can anyone give any information as to when I can expect to be able to hopefully enjoy this game ?
    Many thanks
  • Options
    Unfogiven_69Unfogiven_69 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Also forgot to mention that I have tryed a number of times deleting DH2016 app and re-installing on my phone and resetting my phone also but still same no change
  • Options
    I can get to the next screen now and can see the dall sheep walking and grazing but when I click next it is just a black screen
  • Options
    Kcprath wrote: »
    I can get to the next screen now and can see the dall sheep walking and grazing but when I click next it is just a black screen

Is that after getting 1.1.0?
  • Options
    Yes sir even after deleting and reinstalling
  • Options
    What in the hell are you people doing? Quit making events and fix your **** product!
  • Options
    SoulreaperSoulreaper Registered Users 3 Posts
    whiff this new update I can't do nothin on mission 2 no trophy hunts no upgrade weapons nothing
  • Options
    STILL NOT WORKING!!!!! Give me my money back, since you basically stole it! Or...even better FIX the game! You have had plenty of time...FIX IT! Also, why is this thread not sticky now?!?!?!
  • Options
    What a surprise...yet another update and STILL NO FIX!!!!
  • Options
    The next binary update with our next Event release has a fix we are hoping that will address this. Unfortunately due to processes outside of our hands binary releases can take a while to go through. We can turn around data fixes relatively quickly but anything requiring a binary change is a couple weekslong delay. Unfortunately on issues like this one where we have not been able to reproduce in house we have to take a shot and hope it hits. Sometimes we can fix 90% of the people with data and then discover there is a completely different bug with the exact same result that caused the other 10% of the people to say we didn't fix the issue. Sometimes we get it, others times not. With those ones that we don't fix the first time it can be several weeks before we can get the next attempted fix into your hands.

Thanks for your patience! Believe me the team is not sitting idly by on issues like this.
  • Options
    I am NOT on an iOS!!! I am on a droid! I gave you all that info before, and it has been several weeks now. If you aren't sitting idly by, then why is this issue not sticky like it was? Why are you not replying? Why are you not asking for more data?
  • Options
    Still not fixed!
  • Options
    Finally fixed!!!! Now what compensation do we get for missing the Halloween event that we paid extra to equip for?