Options

Suggestions on what should I use my gold on

I have collected around 1,200 gold so far. What should I do with 1,200 gold? I would usually spend it on weapons. Last time I had that much I bought the region 8 weapons pack. This time I may buy 400 energy for 1000 gold. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    Personally, I'd hold on to it until the next region releases, then I would buy the best weapons for that region. Just my opinion.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Options
    dnbfan4lifednbfan4life Registered Users 19 Posts
    Tanner96 wrote: »
    Personally, I'd hold on to it until the next region releases, then I would buy the best weapons for that region. Just my opinion.

I've done that when I completed region 7 to move on to the 8th. I'm thinking to get the 400 energy for 1000 gold just to try that out and see how that goes
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    I only buy the special event packets with gold, which is sround 2495 gold (on special). There is no need to buy region weapons. If u want the AR u can buy it with platinums. I have bought the region 1-8 and 1-9 AR's with platinums. The new 1-10 AR is available now for 13k plats.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    Personally, I could not imagine using that much gold for energy. Or any gold on energy for that matter.

Unless you want to rattle off 400 consecutive hunts, energy is pretty easy to come by between the 15 free extras per day and simply waiting. Due to my loathing of the CTS tournaments and a general dislike of the repetitiveness of contract hunts, I generally gather more energy that I use once I have enough saved up in HBs for the next region. Will probably have 70 or more stored up by the time the next region rolls out.

Agree with Tanner96 and Samer that using it on weapons is a better idea. Keep saving for an event package or buy a special weapon for the next region.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    Duck76Duck76 Registered Users 909 Posts
    SubH2O wrote: »
    Personally, I could not imagine using that much gold for energy. Or any gold on energy for that matter.

Unless you want to rattle off 400 consecutive hunts, energy is pretty easy to come by between the 15 free extras per day and simply waiting. Due to my loathing of the CTS tournaments and a general dislike of the repetitiveness of contract hunts, I generally gather more energy that I use once I have enough saved up in HBs for the next region. Will probably have 70 or more stored up by the time the next region rolls out.

Agree with Tanner96 and Samer that using it on weapons is a better idea. Keep saving for an event package or buy a special weapon for the next region.

I have 2,000 in gold. I have used it only for energy. I detest the prices in gold for the special events. Now to figure out what to use 32,000 plats on. I bet there are people with 5,000 in gold and 50,000 in plats. Better to spend plats than gold on weapons.
    I won't spend real money on this game. Now the other question is when is the next region out?
    I could have banked energy for the next region, but I don't mind the tourneys for plats, despite their fraud.
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Duck, i have around 11000 gold but only 300 plats. Gold is enough to play the next four events (one each month, if the game lives that long). I am always lacking plats because i have bought several guns with them. I only used 250 gold once to buy 75 energies to finish off a tournament. I have won each tournament since their onset but the gold ones take me three or four days to complete. Won't. Pay any real money for any game either. I played DH2014 For the last 2.5 years and paid zero cents. I have 40k gold still in DH2014 so i will survive another three regions there.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    Maui HaoleMaui Haole Registered Users 61 Posts
    I agree with the above statements. I skipped DH14 so I may be wrong on this, but IMO the only valid purpose gold serves in this game is to buy into the monthly events to earn extra plats. Plats are king in this game.