Options

Not equal treatment

USAKSCUSAKSC Registered Users 33 Posts
It is really disappointing to constantly hear about updates, new features, “mystery boxes” and the like for the mobile community when the OSX (iMac platform) is left wanting with version 2.0.1. When will the OSX platform be upgraded to be equal with the mobile community?

Comments

• Options
    stewstew Registered Users 109 Posts
    We don't mystery boxes on android rither
  • Options
    Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    stew wrote: »
    We don't mystery boxes on android rither

Android update will come shortly. Its true that mac has always been left behind with various glu game updates . Its sad but its up to the glu team to decide when to release updates for mac version
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    This is why I am commenting here in the support forum. I am waiting for a reply from the Glu moderator but the silence is deafening.
  • Options
    A community moderator is poeple who volunteer to help on the forum and most are just normal people like you and me . The people you need to get a answer from is a glu admin or glu super admin. They are developers or work for glu and they would be able to assist you with your answer . But its going to be like that . Everyone plays on ios/android devices more and they are more of a mobile franchise rather than a PC one or system one .
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    mtheadmthead Registered Users 266 Posts
    kush you must be busy spending your time on this forum and playing glu games at the same time

Dont be harsh on glu too much.. remember they create the games you enjoy playing for free. Be patient and wait for releases, im still waiting for dragon storm to be on android..im sure they are working very hard to sort out the problems with bugs and doing updates for all platforms, and listening to people's suggestion on how to improve there games. i keep myself occupied by playing other games and trying to get more glu coins.. one benefit of being on android is sharing glu coins with other games. its a slow tedious process of getting coins, but hey they are giving it for free and not paying for them.. or you can just buy them if your not patient enough
  • Options
    mthead wrote: »
    kush you must be busy spending your time on this forum and playing glu games at the same time

Dont be harsh on glu too much.. remember they create the games you enjoy playing for free. Be patient and wait for releases, im still waiting for dragon storm to be on android..im sure they are working very hard to sort out the problems with bugs and doing updates for all platforms, and listening to people's suggestion on how to improve there games. i keep myself occupied by playing other games and trying to get more glu coins.. one benefit of being on android is sharing glu coins with other games. its a slow tedious process of getting coins, but hey they are giving it for free and not paying for them.. or you can just buy them if your not patient enough

How am I being harsh to glu? I don't remember being harsh at all or in any way . I'm sorry if I was
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    Android update will come shortly. Its true that mac has always been left behind with various glu game updates . Its sad but its up to the glu team to decide when to release updates for mac version

Actually Glu has no say over when Apple releases an update. We actually release the iOS version well in advance of Android, but Apple review period is much longer! So we are at the will of Apple. Some times Android is released first, sometime Apple. Updates are always changing due to bug fixes on various platforms, and different things to roll out. No one has exclusive content by platform- it's always just a matter of the Google Play store or iTunes store rolling out our updates. I hope that helps.
  • Options
    mtheadmthead Registered Users 266 Posts
    sorry kush wasnt talking about you being harsh.. i find you amazing spending alot of time on here and playing glu games at the same time.

Just find it annoying at other people who scream and yell at small lil bugs or better updates at things when its given away for free. guess its a life experience that gets me annoyed " remember people if someone works for you for free and volunteer there time for you, dont expect them to give it there all"
  • Options
    mthead wrote: »
    sorry kush wasnt talking about you being harsh.. i find you amazing spending alot of time on here and playing glu games at the same time.

Just find it annoying at other people who scream and yell at small lil bugs or better updates at things when its given away for free. guess its a life experience that gets me annoyed " remember people if someone works for you for free and volunteer there time for you, dont expect them to give it there all"

I try to give it my all in trying to help users and giving them any type of support that I can but sometimes it's impossible to be handled and the user must make a ticket to glu for a response from the support team . I'm sorry I read your post wrong I thought you were mentioning me being harsh to glu . I love their games and am happy to be here a lot to met new friends
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    lvlark02lvlark02 Registered Users 326 Posts
    lol kush you are being harsh, please dont "make a ticket to flu" lol ;)

that said the glu admin responded with a valid reason alrdy altho i was surprise by it, didnt knw Apple could hold up the updates, here i thought its the developers choice when to rollout updates. now we know :o
    [ANDROID] EW2 Lv75 Grand Dragon Lord
    [ANDROID] EW3 Lv42 Warrior, Lv18 Mage
  • Options
    lvlark02 wrote: »
    lol kush you are being harsh, please dont "make a ticket to flu" lol ;)

that said the glu admin responded with a valid reason alrdy altho i was surprise by it, didnt knw Apple could hold up the updates, here i thought its the developers choice when to rollout updates. now we know :o

Apple has always been tight with their devices . Android not so much so of course apple would take longer so sometimes glu may send it in to apple first to review and accept it and then android since android is a faster process than apple
    IMG%5D
  • Options
    Glamazon wrote: »
    Actually Glu has no say over when Apple releases an update. We actually release the iOS version well in advance of Android, but Apple review period is much longer! So we are at the will of Apple. Some times Android is released first, sometime Apple. Updates are always changing due to bug fixes on various platforms, and different things to roll out. No one has exclusive content by platform- it's always just a matter of the Google Play store or iTunes store rolling out our updates. I hope that helps.

My original comment and concern was with the Glu release for OSX on the iMac in the app store. Glu submitted version 2.0.1 for the OSX app store for Apple approval when all other platforms were at version 3.x. Regardless of the time it takes for Apple to approve the app, the OSX version should be equal to the other platforms not over a full version below. That is why I consider it unequal treatment.
  • Options
    GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    USAKSC wrote: »
    My original comment and concern was with the Glu release for OSX on the iMac in the app store. Glu submitted version 2.0.1 for the OSX app store for Apple approval when all other platforms were at version 3.x. Regardless of the time it takes for Apple to approve the app, the OSX version should be equal to the other platforms not over a full version below. That is why I consider it unequal treatment.

These are completely different development platforms, so the comparison is apples to oranges. Just because it's Apple does not mean the development process is the same. Now that this is clarified, I'm closing this thread.
This discussion has been closed.