Options

Help with equipment

VRWRXVRWRX Registered Users 59 Posts
I'm pretty new at this game and I have some questions about equipment, mostly about what numbers matter most. There are a couple examples below, but basically, which is better? Is the first, big number the most important, or is it the attributes?

1. Here are two arm pieces. The one equipped on the left has a much higher top number, but the number next to the shield is lower. Also, the one equipped trades hp for ice resist. How good is ice resist? Would I rather have more hp? Does the much larger top number trump all the rest? Which is better?
image_zpseab50333.jpg

2. It's the same basic questions with these leggings. The one equipped has a bigger top number, added thunder resist and hp. The one on the right has a lower top number, but a higher number next to the shield and added defense. Again, does the top number matter most? What about the number next to the shield? Is def or hp better? Ultimately, which is better?
image_zps367a5c1f.jpg

3. My next question is about the upgrade path on weapons. I have the dragon breaker and the dragons bane. The bane is significantly stronger right now, without upgrading either one, but I'm reading the breaker ends up being better once fully upgraded? Should I use the bane for now, keep upgrading the breaker until its stronger, then switch to using the breaker?

4. Also, I have all of the wyrmslayer equipment, but without upgrading they are pretty weak now. Should I upgrade all of them? They're very expensive to upgrade so it will be slow going. But if they end up the best then I'd rather not waste resources upgrading anything else.

5. Finally, should I use gems to guarantee success when upgrading?

Ultimately, what are the most important stats to compare one piece of equipment to another? Is the main number the most important? Does the wyrmslayer armor end up being the best?

Sorry for the long post, but the game doesn't offer much explanation.
Thanks,
Jake

Comments

• Options
    K_OtiCK_OtiC Registered Users 165 Posts
    So the big number is the total attribute of that item if you got perfect amount every upgrade, the first 2 upgrades are static for each item in game after that you get a random resist for armour and a random damage type or crit type for weapons.

So if we look @ the arm pieces you get 91 defence from one and 92 from the other hardly a difference at all in 1 armour.
    Now if you look closely the warrior arm has 7 slots vs the demon arm only has 6 slots this means that the warrior can get a whole extra rank worth of defence & a random resist over the demon when you fully upgrade both so if you don't intend to upgrade them you are better off with the one that gives you better base stats or resists that you need(like if you intend to do red dragon you need a lot of fire resist or ice & fire for white etc).
    What it comes down to is finding the amounts you need of resists & defence to start becoming barely hurt by whatever you are grinding on at the current level. Some high level examples are cobra lord he needs max everything on a phoenix set and if you aren't careful he can still kill you in one of his combos. Black dragon requires roughly 3100+ of the 3 main resistances so that's 3100+ fire 3100+ ice and 3100+ poison and for physical damage you need to have a full pharaoh set 80% upgraded and he will start to do hardly anything to you. So hitting all the right requirements takes some work but I would settle on say a pharaoh set 50-75% upgraded until you can gather all the stuff and the gems to spin up some mystery armour(on ios you will find it easy since you can save and reload over and over till you get lucky in the box).

Starting off you will find since you don't make a lot of money or gems you have 2 options grind low stuff over and over until you get some coin and jewels to spend and upgrade items slowly & level up slowly or be lazy and play multiplayer and keep trying to join higher levels in higher level quests and mooch exp and items. Even if you die after the first attack from black dragon you will still end up with 5-10k worth of items and some much needed level 4-5 upgrade jewels and lots of coin for the stuff that you sell to the vendor same goes for boss rush 1-4 you get 2k coin + game credits even if you are dead at the end of each round.

Try to balance your upgrading I find going until you hit 40% chance is a good place to be at after that it can get hard and expensive to get the amount of jewels and coin needed to have a try (again on ios you can save to icloud then if it fails reload and do it again until you get desired results shortening the grind a lot) aim to get fire & ice resists up first as you need them all around the place but poison you mostly need for the odd spider, boss rush 4 traps and black dragon.
  • Options
    K_OtiCK_OtiC Registered Users 165 Posts
    Now for the wyrm set yes it is strong and nice but not worth the jewel investment if you have access to mystery armour which is easy to obtain on ios. It's a very big grind to do without being able to save to cloud and reload since it ends up being 25/50/100 etc for each piece so very long to max it out without using cash gems.
    So just get some pharaoh set to a decent level say 5 upgrades and work on fire ice then poison last while trying to get the gems from boss rush's to get some chances at mystery armour.

Dragon breaker is by far after testing all the amount of hits per minute, damage and crit type weapons the king of ew2 all two weapon sets have the faster attack speed and more hits per full dash combo then the spears and axes which only have the advantage of a bigger range to hit things slightly sooner, with that said it is very cheap and quick to get your dragon bane axe up to around 3k sword attribute + whatever else you want to add to the slots with that upgrading(personally id go for 90-101 attack per slot not resistible damage types). I think it's like the 4-5th bubble of it? And then work on gather jewels & coins when you can to get your breaker maxed out breaker isn't anything special until you hit the last 2 slots onwards until that time stick with your dragon bane. Don't forget you can use icloud save try upgrade your breaker then if fail or not give the stat you want reload and try again. Personally my preference is to use generals helm from the mystery box coupled with dragon breaker that has 11-14% crit chance on 3 slots and 18-20% crit damage on 2 slots. If not I would try to get as close to 100-101 per slot of your weapon with attack added not a attribute like fire/ice/poison as some mobs will be resistant to it so makes your dps drop for those fights.

Most of all remember all the high levels that helped you along the way and pay it forwards helping others with quests/exp/items where you can!
  • Options
    VRWRXVRWRX Registered Users 59 Posts
    Thank you. Your advice helped a ton and gave me good direction. I was making good progress, but now I'm stuck needing level 5 elements. I can't consistently beat the levels that have them. Any advice?

Upgrading is very frustrating once I get an element, but the iCloud trick helps a bunch. It also has netted me the mystery shoulder, belt & leggings. That mystery box requires massive amounts of patience...

I did just get lucky and someone helped me beat BR3, so I have a few level 5 elements to spend. I need to upgrade the dragons bane so I can do more damage, and I'm to the point where the next upgrade adds an extra attribute at the bottom. What do I want to shoot for? A specific elemental damage? Plain damage? Critical hit damage?

Thanks again!
  • Options
    ImrulkzImrulkz Registered Users 677 Posts
    To K_OtiC im salute U 3x,;)
  • Options
    ChrisTotChrisTot Registered Users 394 Posts
    Imrulkz wrote: »
    To K_OtiC im salute U 3x,;)
    K_OTIC said a lot of good stuff here. In the second best breaker thread I have a screenshot of the type of attack he was saying to upgrade your breaker with if you don't go the crit chance/damage route. Personally, I think my setup does some of the best damage in the game, but I am still working on a crit set because I have to use rage potions to finish a fight. With the generals helm, the crit chance/dmg route is the best hands down.