Options

Low Memory Problems & Game Size

I've really been enjoying playing this game until now. Lvl 56 and struggling through for gear/weapons, but that's another story.
I have an Acer Iconia B1 tablet and EW2 has just started regularly crashing because of low memory.

The file called "com.glu.ewarriors2.ab" is over 1.27Gb.
How can this happen when the game itself is only 91Mb to download?

Does the game have a memory leak and continuously saving data without deleting? Or downloading when online? etc

Whatever it is, could it please be addressed.

Comments

• Options
    GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    luckygiant wrote: »
    I've really been enjoying playing this game until now. Lvl 56 and struggling through for gear/weapons, but that's another story.
    I have an Acer Iconia B1 tablet and EW2 has just started regularly crashing because of low memory.

The likely reason is the file called "com.glu.ewarriors2.ab" is over 1.27Gb.
    How can this happen when the game itself is only 91Mb to download?

Does the game have a memory leak and continuously saving data without deleting? Or downloading when online? etc

Whatever it is, could it please be addressed.

Thanks for the details; passing this along to the devs for more info.
  • Options
    luckygiantluckygiant Registered Users 8 Posts
    Memory issue

I believe 512mb ram on the Acer Iconia maybe isn't quite enough for this game.
    Although before the game file size got this big, never had a problem. Potentially the game needs more ram to run now as a result of the larger file size.

Game Size Issue

Now up to 1.46Gb of my internal storage taken with this game... keeps growing
    This is true for both tablets I've played on (Acer Iconia B1 and Nexus 7)

Anyone else have this issue? What size is your EW2?
  • Options
    anas.lyanas.ly Registered Users 35 Posts
    The game size: it's just a cache for the game.
    you can delete it manually but the game may run slow sometimes!
    guess who's back? :p
  • Options
    Re the above: Unfortunately it's not the cache and I tried clearing the app data, but it resets it back to level 1 (I backed up so it's fine).

mzvp.jpg
    Only 5.64Mb is cache (cut off from the bottom of the picture)

From the pic you can see the 'internal SD data' of 1.47Gb is the problem. (I don't have an SD card so all sections above come from somewhere in the tablets build in memory.

Anyone know of a way to clear any unneeded data without deleting the save file too (surely the game doesn't need 1.5Gb)?
    Help would be greatly appreciated I need the space! But also enjoy EW2 so don't want to have to get rid of it.
  • Options
    anas.lyanas.ly Registered Users 35 Posts
    ^ Using a root browser :
    Go to your Internal Storage/Android/data/com.glu.ewarriors2/files/UnityCache/Shared/ and delete all the folders/files that in "shared" folder .
    then your game will take some time to start-up and the Floors too, like a fresh install!
    after playing so many Floors the files/folders you've deleted will come back again .

BTW: you can take a screenshot on Android Jelly Bean 4.1/4.2 by press (Volume Down + Power Button)

:)
    guess who's back? :p
  • Options
    lvlark02lvlark02 Registered Users 326 Posts
    anas.ly wrote: »
    ^ Using a root browser :
    Go to your Internal Storage/Android/data/com.glu.ewarriors2/files/UnityCache/Shared/ and delete all the folders/files that in "shared" folder .
    then your game will take some time to start-up and the Floors too, like a fresh install!
    after playing so many Floors the files/folders you've deleted will come back again .

BTW: you can take a screenshot on Android Jelly Bean 4.1/4.2 by press (Volume Down + Power Button)

:)
    why the shared folder?

try browsing the whole com.glu.ewarriors2 folder & look for the folder size that has the most & see if there's any duplicates, the whole game including data shouldnt be more than 500MB
    [ANDROID] EW2 Lv75 Grand Dragon Lord
    [ANDROID] EW3 Lv42 Warrior, Lv18 Mage
  • Options
    lvlark02 wrote: »
    the whole game including data shouldnt be more than 500MB

Thanks for the info, good to know
    anas.ly wrote:
    ^ Using a root browser :
    lvlark02 wrote: »
    try browsing the whole com.glu.ewarriors2 folder & look for the folder size that has the most & see if there's any duplicates

Cheers guys, certainly sounds like it will work, however my tablet is not rooted.
    Are there any non-root apps (or via PC access programs) that will enable me to browse and delete the files?
  • Options
    T4underboltT4underbolt Registered Users 54 Posts
    I think root browser is needed when you want to modify or remove something in folders like system,bin,xbin. Storage folders just need file manager that has option to see hidden files.
    LVL: 71 | Title: Dragon Lord | Weapon: Dragon Breakers | Helmet: Wyrm Slayer's Helm | Shoulder: General's Shoulder | Belt: General's Belt | Armpiece: General's Armpiece | Leggins: General's Leggins
  • Options
    Correct about not requiring root, I grabbed ES File Explorer which seemed to do the trick.
    The extra 1.46Gb (from the screenshot) was also in the UnityCache/Shared/ as described
    Deleted all those files from that directory and it reduced the game size to 365Mb while keeping my saved game.

Thanks very much both for the help.

Maybe Glu should limit the size of the cache so it doesn't blow out of proportion.
  • Options
    lvlark02lvlark02 Registered Users 326 Posts
    im pretty sure the progress files is in savegame.bin, well most games are set that way

im glad things work out for ya
    [ANDROID] EW2 Lv75 Grand Dragon Lord
    [ANDROID] EW3 Lv42 Warrior, Lv18 Mage