Options

Finally!

VRWRXVRWRX Registered Users 59 Posts
image_zps667f4953.jpg[/URL]

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions. This thing is badass! I spent over 1400 gems on the last upgrade because upgrading is a nightmare...

Comments

• Options
    lauapiklauapik Registered Users 490 Posts
    VRWRX wrote: »
    image_zps667f4953.jpg[/URL]

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions. This thing is badass! I spent over 1400 gems on the last upgrade because upgrading is a nightmare...

Congratz! Now Breaker together with the Gen Helm you should breeze through without having to use Rage potions.
  • Options
    Yup, got the generals helm. Need 4 more upgrades but its expensive to upgrade too!
  • Options
    Go for it! The fun is in getting there and not in arriving there. Look at the number of players dropping out of the game after getting what they want.
  • Options
    ChrisTotChrisTot Registered Users 394 Posts
    lauapik wrote: »
    Go for it! The fun is in getting there and not in arriving there. Look at the number of players dropping out of the game after getting what they want.

Heh, I'm not out for good! I'm just not able to run the game that well on iOS 7..and I'm more busy now making like 4 iPad/iPhone apps and doing those things is more fun then playing the same content over and over :P
  • Options
    StickToYouLikeStickToYouLike Registered Users 126 Posts
    @VRWRX Awesome pic, thanks for sharing! Good luck with your game :D
  • Options
    patpat Registered Users 37 Posts
    Congrats!

i see Breakers every i play even low levels. hmmmmmm interesting.......
  • Options
    Yes, everyone is wise to the idea that Breakers are best properly configured. Double blades means double the hits and double the damage and double the points earned.

You can have my Mystery Axe, just an eye candy.
  • Options
    ImrulkzImrulkz Registered Users 677 Posts
    One more breaker critic, if u wear with gen. Helm it can be perfect move..:)
  • Options
    Finally got my generals helm fully upgraded, along with a complete, fully upgraded mystery set for the rest. My total resists are:
    Ice = 4,613
    Fire = 4,459
    Poison = 2,921
    Thunder = 786

I'm pretty happy so far. BR4 and BD are a breeze on normal mode. I take very little damage and only need a health potion if I get unlucky and get caught or I miss a couple parrys. I still take damage on hard mode, but some more practice and I should get better.

I wanted to thank everyone here for all the direct help and great threads that have a ton of information. I didn't have to waste many resources on weak equipment, although the upgrade process (save, fail, load, crappy stats, load, fail, load...) is nearly unbearable. I wasted a ton of time to get decent stats on each upgrade.

Now it's on to fight the black dragon over and over again to get to Grand Dragon Lord and level 75. I'm a level 66 Dragon Hunter now so it'll take a while.

Question - do you use the attack and defense buffs when fighting the black dragon on hard?
  • Options
    Finally got my generals helm fully upgraded, along with a complete, fully upgraded mystery set for the rest. My total resists are:
    Ice = 4,613
    Fire = 4,459
    Poison = 2,921
    Thunder = 786

I'm pretty happy so far. BR4 and BD are a breeze on normal mode. I take very little damage and only need a health potion if I get unlucky and get caught or I miss a couple parrys. I still take damage on hard mode, but some more practice and I should get better.

I wanted to thank everyone here for all the direct help and great threads that have a ton of information. I didn't have to waste many resources on weak equipment, although the upgrade process (save, fail, load, crappy stats, load, fail, load...) is nearly unbearable. I wasted a ton of time to get decent stats on each upgrade.

Now it's on to fight the black dragon over and over again to get to Grand Dragon Lord and level 75. I'm a level 66 Dragon Hunter now so it'll take a while.

Question - do you use the attack and defense buffs when fighting the black dragon on hard?

You may not believe it, but I have only used the buffs once just to test it out. I prefer to use my abilites to pass all the Hard Mode Onslaughts without using buffs, potions or gems for revival and as I have said, it can be done. So take up the challenge and believe me it feels great when you have achieved it.
  • Options
    I believe it. Even with the fully upgraded armor I need to use 3-4 health potions to beat the black dragon on hard. That's without buffs. I'm getting better but it's hard to avoid all the attacks. I actually like standing behind the crystals and parrying the attack to both avoid the damage and damage the crystal at the same time. I'm still working on it but I think it could be a good strategy if I can get the timing right consistently...
  • Options
    I believe it. Even with the fully upgraded armor I need to use 3-4 health potions to beat the black dragon on hard. That's without buffs. I'm getting better but it's hard to avoid all the attacks. I actually like standing behind the crystals and parrying the attack to both avoid the damage and damage the crystal at the same time. I'm still working on it but I think it could be a good strategy if I can get the timing right consistently...

Standing behind the crystals and using parry does not work well in Hard Mode. I use this method in Nornal Mode but to destroy the crystals in Hard Mode I use the Dash, Spin and Ground Smash in one CONTINUOUS movement through the ice, fire and poison. You find that your Health will be intact in this mode. Your Rage will be used up quite fast but if you can destroy all the crystals before using up the Rage, you can get enough back by fighting the monsters after the destruction of the crystals.

Moving continuously in the direction you want, while spinning and ground-smashing can be tricky in Dragon's Lair though. Strangely in Boss Rush 4 you can do this without much problem. With some practice you should the hang of it.

Your timing is not to be blamed. It's just that the game is programmed to give you a hard time, ha ha. Good luck and have fun.
  • Options
    puccapucca Registered Users 36 Posts
    So far there has been no enemy using Lightning attack (except the archers). Do you think I should spend some slots for lightning defense as well? Certainly EW2 will be expanded greatly, with more tough bosses, and a lightning attack may be the most difficult to block (since lightning is supposed to be fast).
    Lvl 67 Grand Dragon Lord
    Proud of getting full Mystery set without paying a single $ to buy gem :D
  • Options
    pucca wrote: »
    So far there has been no enemy using Lightning attack (except the archers). Do you think I should spend some slots for lightning defense as well? Certainly EW2 will be expanded greatly, with more tough bosses, and a lightning attack may be the most difficult to block (since lightning is supposed to be fast).

It makes sense to have as even a distribution as possible for all kinds of offence and defence as every level and wave generates different monsters with different attributes and you can't change armour or weapon in a level or wave to deal with them.
  • Options
    I haven't seen a need for lightning resist. There just aren't many enemies that use it. None of the dragons do. With my resists the only attacks I need to worry about are the hard black dragons poison and the elite darkness warrior in boss rush 4 hard. I can withstand two full cobra lord attack sequences without dying in BR4 hard.
    Who knows what the future will bring, but right now you don't need lightning. I will probably make my mystery helm with significant lightning resist just in case so I have options.