Options

Why does EW3 require internet all time?

I'd like to give some constructive feedback on the game.

The first thing to mention is that I'm a big fan of EW and have played countless hours to EW2.

I started playing EW3 during vacations from home on wifi and everything was great.

Now I'm back to real life and mostly playing when commuting from/to work (tube/train). And playing EW3 with network going up and down is not fun - at all: to give you an idea it takes me 35 minutes to commute and I can play only about 10 minutes, the rest of the time I don't have connectivity. And it's not like I was living in a small city with limited mobile connectivity, I'm in London on a 4G network.

At the moment I don't really see a reason why one would need to be connected to internet to play EW3: there is no multiplayer (yet). Ok we can chat with people but to be honest I don't care about chat if this prevent me to play when I don't have an internet connection.

The internet connection is probably also used to secure the game and mitigate malicious players to hack the game, and that's a good thing but again, if I had to choose between a hack free game and a game I can play 100% of the time, I'd go for the last option.

Mobile is about mobility, and when you are mobile connection drops quite often, your phone takes ages to find network again, etc. To mandate internet connection on a mobile app is not a good idea.

I wonder if the testers have been playing EW3 outside of their office and wifi comfort ;)

If you are facing the same issue could you please comment on this post, maybe devs will listen if there are enough complaints ;)
EW3 - Mage lvl51 / 11.5K gs

EW2 (retired) -Grand Dragon Lord - LVL70
Dragon Braker / Full Mystery armor

Comments

• Options
    DarkmoxDarkmox Registered Users 54 Posts
    Back home on wifi now and I can't connect (loading screen never completes). I guess that means server is down.

I want to be able to play offline -_-
    EW3 - Mage lvl51 / 11.5K gs

EW2 (retired) -Grand Dragon Lord - LVL70
    Dragon Braker / Full Mystery armor
  • Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    Yea, I don't see the point of having to be online all the time. Sure, sometimes you might want to chat in your guild but you should also have the right to go offline. This game is all good, except that the requirement of Internet and insane amount of "network error" is killing the game. All the other games that require wifi works with no problem (that includes other glu games).
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    ...the requirement of Internet and insane amount of "network error" is killing the game.....

Not as much as hacking would.

Glu realise that if you can buy things offline, it is a lot easier to hack