Options

My mini iPad is crashing, need to transfer to new device before it dies completely...

As the title states, My mini iPad is crashing, need to transfer to new device before it dies completely. Is there a way to get my current character to my new device whenever that time arises? Or, can I transfer it to my full size iPad while I wait for my new one to come in? (still under warranty)

Comments

• Options
    CraigsterCraigster Registered Users 143 Posts
    Craigster wrote: »
    As the title states, My mini iPad is crashing, need to transfer to new device before it dies completely. Is there a way to get my current character to my new device whenever that time arises? Or, can I transfer it to my full size iPad while I wait for my new one to come in? (still under warranty)

Does anybody from support actually read this to help people out or is it just people telling people what they tried to do to fix something? Need to know what to do because I am sending off my Mini for repair tomorrow and I need to know how to get my character back on my new/repaired device!
    Thanks!
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Does anybody from support actually read this to help people out or is it just people telling people what they tried to do to fix something? Need to know what to do because I am sending off my Mini for repair tomorrow and I need to know how to get my character back on my new/repaired device!
    Thanks!

If you have questions about the purposes of these forums, please refer to the announcement at the top of every page: http://ggnbb.glu.com/announcement.php?f=15

There is a thread about changing devices here: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?94451-FAQ-Changing-devices-or-using-multiple-devices-to-play-EW3
  • Options
    Thanks, but I read that thread and it didn't really help. Who is this "Customer Care" and where do you find them? If you are talking about the in game people to contact, I sent that email off about a week ago and still haven't had a response yet. I will keep searching though because I don't want to lose the progress I have made so far. Thanks again for letting me know that someone is out there!
  • Options
    Thanks, but I read that thread and it didn't really help. Who is this "Customer Care" and where do you find them? If you are talking about the in game people to contact, I sent that email off about a week ago and still haven't had a response yet. I will keep searching though because I don't want to lose the progress I have made so far. Thanks again for letting me know that someone is out there!

Customer Care is the department that handles the tickets ["submit a ticket" at the top of the forums, or the "Customer Care" forum a level up from the EW3 forum]. They are the ones who have visibility into your account and would be able to transfer the account. Unfortunately, it is a manual process and they are currently experiencing a 10x influx of tickets to normal traffic so there is a delay. :/

This is sort of an aside, and I cannot guarantee it will work, but I've seen progress be saved on iOS if you have a second Glu game on the device as well. We did a casual test trying to go from one iOS device to another and we were able to transfer the EW3 account on an iPad that had multiple Glu games, but not one that had just EW3. So I'd say try that at the very least to start the process in case it works. However, it will still be a manual process for Customer Care to move your account over (which will mean a delay).
  • Options
    Do you know if I just do a backup of the device in itunes of this computer and do a retore when the new/repaired one comes back will work? I did it once for apple care cause they thought my problem might have been software so they had me back up the device to itunes and restore device to factory settings. But, the problem still persisted. So, I was able to reload it all back on the device from the backup and everything worked fine. I am not sure it will do it with a new device though. Thanks for the suggestions though! I do have another full size iPad that doesn't have any glu games on it. Are you saying I need to install a few more glu games and then try to transfer this account to that device?
  • Options
    Just wanted to let people know that backing up your device to iTunes on your PC and then restoring to your new device, works! At least it did for me. When I got my new mini iPad back from Apple, all I had to do is reinstall what was on the old mini. My Gree games didn't transfer right but this one was back, right where I left it! Just a little FYI!
  • Options
    Just wanted to let people know that backing up your device to iTunes on your PC and then restoring to your new device, works! At least it did for me. When I got my new mini iPad back from Apple, all I had to do is reinstall what was on the old mini. My Gree games didn't transfer right but this one was back, right where I left it! Just a little FYI!

Awesome. So glad to hear that! Sorry I missed your previous question up there, but I'm glad it all worked out.