Options

Hellboy (Normal Mode)

MunjeezyMunjeezy Registered Users 8 Posts
So, from looking at the forums and what I've been reading, it seems as if people think hellboy is easy to kill, but I am really struggling to kill him. I can do 96 damage on him and I can get half his health and then all the sudden he does a move and I lose all my health. I have not been able to get a pattern or what the move does after half health and I keep dying. I am already level 32 with 2300 GS monk and struggling like crazy.

Any help on what to look out for would help.
Btw I have a lvl 21 Gold weapon with 15/15 fusion 2 star.

Comments

• Options
    HibriaHibria Registered Users 25 Posts
    I just beat him today. Lvl 31 warrior about 1.9k gs. What I did was circle around him and used times he was standing still to hit him. I am always at his aide oe behind hI'm. When he flies up in the air let him land while your still doing laps aroind gim amd parry. The key with this guy is a frontal assault and a very close aoe. Always circle and whwn he's slicking hos hair back like he's the shit let em have it. If your a monk sub my parry for dodge
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Study his pattern of attack. If he raises disappears from the screen, keep your distance/dodge or you're dead.
  • Options
    pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    For monk hellboy is really challenging. second most annoying mob to kill then Catqueen at first. notice they both monk type.

Hellboy second stage of attack at 50% health (raged) he faster and attack abit harder

most common pattern

1 Fire claw attack left and right, AOE explosion follow by 3 fire wave and split image attack from the sky then end with a dive bomb attack.
    2 Fire claw attack LR follow directly by 3 fire wave split image attack
    3 AOE explosion follow directly by 3 fire wave split image attack then a dive bomb attack.
    4 3 fire waves attack after "blink"

attack him at the end of these combo. he'll either stare you down or pose.

Hellboy likes to "blink" before he does his attack. As a monk when you see him "blink" while you are at close range dont move away. instead move forward toward your right hand side while pressing the attack button. this sometime cause you and hellboy to glide pass each other when he reappears: as you moving forward, hellboy is also moving forward to attack. result: you end up in his close range blind spot. his 3 fires wave attack is initated by his right hand since we are moving toward his left hand thats whre the blind spot is.
    before he does his dive bomb attack he does that little supersaiyan stuff like charging before he jump. you can attack him for like 3-4 hit before he jumped to the sky then wait about a sec before pressing dodge. If no dodge available run as far as you can to avoid damage. Or use ROV on him.

be cautious with your mana, attack in combo of 3 not 4 since last hit leave you open for attack.
    use fist of the seven star for quick damage you can still dodge while using the fist to avoid gettin hit.
    save mana for dodge and use ROV when he stunned. as ROV uses alot of mana.
  • Options
    EdyremEdyrem Registered Users 6 Posts
    pelepala wrote: »
    For monk hellboy is really challenging. second most annoying mob to kill then Catqueen at first. notice they both monk type.

I dont know, im a monk and just killed Hellboy after 30 minutes of trying, with a 21 rare weapon (55 dmg). He is really predictable, or at least much more so than Nian or Catqueen, who took me longer to pass by with a similar weapon ;).

and my question here would be - should i keep farming him (as it takes me some time to kill him with my weapon) or is there anywhere else i can farm for a better weapon before i go back to farm him for 26lvl legendary and reagents?

Cheers
  • Options
    pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    Edyrem wrote: »
    I dont know, im a monk and just killed Hellboy after 30 minutes of trying, with a 21 rare weapon (55 dmg). He is really predictable, or at least much more so than Nian or Catqueen, who took me longer to pass by with a similar weapon ;).

and my question here would be - should i keep farming him (as it takes me some time to kill him with my weapon) or is there anywhere else i can farm for a better weapon before i go back to farm him for 26lvl legendary and reagents?

Cheers

you can farm hellboy for the lvl 26 gold. i dont think he drop lvl 26 purple only lvl 21 or head to legendary mode and farm at ancient cavern for lvl 26 purple or straight to cyclop for lvl 31 gold up to you really. Which ever you think is the fastest. personally i perfer 1v1 battle with boss as it drop other stuffs as well.
  • Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    I managed to beat cyclops with 15/15 lvl 26 blue butcher, then I got soulshards to max it (not much different apparently) and then I got a gold lvl 31 weapon. Just farm cyclops because your items goes outdated real quick until you reach unbreakables.
  • Options
    EdyremEdyrem Registered Users 6 Posts
    Thanks man, appreciate the advice. And indeed i went on to farm (and still am) Cyclops leg, as it takes me about the same time to kill him, but with a chance for greater reward ;)

However, what i get confused about is the unique names of the Armor set pieces - i.e. which name to what type and item level of an armor set piece corresponds. I see all that talk about 'Ancient; Divine; Transcendent; Marvelous; etc' armor, but i havent seen any yet and i at least want to know what they are. Is there some table where i can see: the armor pieces, their unique name and their item level.
    It will really help me get a clearer idea of what i am doing in the game in general ;)
  • Options
    TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    Ancient and Divine Gears are droping from Cyclops L; Ancient is gold, Divine is purple.
    Transcendent and Marvelous are droping from Nian L; Transcendent is gold, Marvelous is purple.
    Unbreakable and Imprevious are droping from Netherborn L; Unbreakable is gold, Imprevious is purple.
    Godly and Wondrous are dropping from JF Cyclops (only Chestplate and Helmet); Godly is gold, Wondrous is purple.

So, Divine < Ancient < Marvelous < Transcendent < Imprevious < Unbreakable < Wondrous < Godly.

If you have a purple one and you have begun to upgarde it (at least 2 stars) don't bother to change it for the gold one with the same level (e.g. if you have an evolved Marvelous don't change it for an Ancient). Basically the purple ones are better overall because they cost less reagents and money to upgrade, until you reach at least unbreakable/godly.

All may drop also between boss stages (very low chance) and in Endless.

The most important thing is to have a good weapon.