Options

Class skill comparison “If” PvP were to implement in the near future.

pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
The title said it all. PvP is a big part of online gaming. If PvP are implemented how will your favorite class fair against the other.

To make it simple:

all class will be compare at lvl 50 with all skill purchased, lvl 44 weapon and armor at Max.

Starting position: each at 1 end of the corner of the map. (Prevent special skill opener)

War vs war

War vs monk

War vs mage

Monk vs monk

Monk vs war

Monk vs mage

Mage vs mage

Mage vs war

Mage vs monk

Please share your thought on how your class will do and “why you think this skill can counter that skill” Or tactic you will use against other player/class.

Comments

• Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    Monk vs Warrior

monk attacks
    warrior parries
    repeat
    monk dies

Monk vs mage

monk go check out mage's nice butt
    mage freezes monk
    mage spam her skill
    monk dies

Monk vs Monk

"Hey let's play tag!"
    "Sure!"
  • Options
    Warrior vs Mage

warrior attacks
    mage freezes
    mage spam skills
    warrior tries to parry but is too slow because of the freeze and dies (if parry isn't affected by freeze then it's a different story)

Warrior vs Warrior

Parry, parry, parry

Mage vs Mage

uses orb
    tries to get opponent into orb's attack range
    use eruption when you can
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Mage looks hot. All characters ask for her number.

She smiles and blasts them with fire eruption.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    grepgrep Registered Users 74 Posts
    Mage vs * = Mage flawless victory! ;)
    Thats all.
  • Options
    In all seriousness, warrior would pwn all characters if you master the parry. although monks playing tag for critical orbs would be a pain in the butt unless you can parry rage of vaj'ra
  • Options
    But i would really like PvP. I know some 12k gs players that i would love to beat, even though im only at 10093gs myself
  • Options
    VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    Warrior vs Monk

Monk run around, and when it's ready, do the jump kick to get cri for orb. If you didn't know, monk jump kick almost invincible, he will only take just 1 damage. So basicly, it a free dodge that dont need sp and do damage but need 3 sec of running to get it ready to use. So even if it get parry, he will take no dmg. And he still has dodge ready after he land :)

Warrior, Master the skill of parry and parry everything!! And chase monk down or do surprice dash attack that too fast to react up close.

Warrior vs Mage

Mage use everything incluse freeze, but everything has slow start up time that take half or 1 sec to come out, warrior parry everything, mage die, the end.

Monk vs Mage

Monk chase Mage down and force her to teleport. Seeing that she about to teleport, dodge the freeze and go after her. Mage teleport and monk dodge still on cooldown, if monk can avoid Eruption and get in, monk win. If not, then mage win. also monk has shorter cooldown on dodge, so monk is likely to win.
  • Options
    DemonicDemonic Registered Users 167 Posts
    Ultimately warrior would proberly just get his butt kicked in everything.
    Not only doesnt he has invinciblity during any of his skills, but parrying other players attacks would be verging on impossible.

Players saying warrior parrys, yeah he parrys first attack then takes the other 5 straight in the face.
    Parry would be the worst dodge skill for PVP.

Best pvp characters would either be mage or monk, warriors could get good not writing them off, but i reckon with everything considered would come down to either monks speed, or mages range.
    Demonic666
  • Options
    Demonic wrote: »
    Ultimately warrior would proberly just get his butt kicked in everything.
    Not only doesnt he has invinciblity during any of his skills, but parrying other players attacks would be verging on impossible.

Players saying warrior parrys, yeah he parrys first attack then takes the other 5 straight in the face.
    Parry would be the worst dodge skill for PVP.

Best pvp characters would either be mage or monk, warriors could get good not writing them off, but i reckon with everything considered would come down to either monks speed, or mages range.

uh sorry, but only 1 attack skill in this game has the complete invinciblity, and that is Rage of Vaj'Ra.
    However, warrior do has invinciblity at the end of his Dash and Blade Barrage.

Did you ever play Warrior? His parry has complete invinciblity from start to finish. And to the point that he ready to parry the next attack, after the last one with no opening. The only way warrior will be hit, is that he himself mess up the timing. so It the best dodge skill not just in pvp, but in the game. Also at level 5 it deal 2 time the damage.

Mages range? what would that do if every last attack can easily be parry because it so dam slow? Try play mage and see for yourself how slow all her attack, including freeze, to come out.

And dont forget

Storn Skin + Def40%.
    If monk Precision Strike dont active, the attack get weaker than normal, even with 3orb, with out cri dmg it deal just normal damage. Oh and in this game Def is higher than Atk, so 40%Def > 50%Attack.

Battle Instincts + 15% chance of auto parry, even during getting hit or using skill
    He can mess up his parry and still get auto parry, with monk muti hit skill, it will be high chance for Auto Parry to active.

Berserker Rage + Attack 5~45%
    yeah you will feel like fighting a boss. And unlike monk Precision Strike, this one dont depend on chance and also effect attack that dont cri. however it unlikly to be of use, since warrior will keep on parry.
  • Options
    Ive played warrior and know that the parry isn't invincible, there is a gap period after a successful parry and can take damage. Also parrying a unpredictable opponent would take a lot of practise, even then other players would just fake a attack to draw out a parry then barrage them.

Also parry blocks the first attack then relies on the attack stopping by the time the warrior has stopped doing his counter. Super move wise yeah your still gonna be in the middle of mages/monks super move, if you blocked monks first attack (god knows how you would fluke the timing.) then your just gonna take a 1 hit KO at the end, either way warriors life will just be getting beaten down and sitting in one spot trying to parry everything is ultimately just gonna fail.

Mage wise i haven't played much of (to be honest i reckon monks just gonna wipe the floor with everything.) but due to my lack of experience with mage i couldn't rule them out. But mage i guess it would be, do your best to keep at range and by the times warriors parry has finished mages dodge will be almost done aswel so unless warrior rushes the mage i don't really see how a warrior would win a range battle with a mage lol.

Either way every-time warriors just say they will just parry everything, which is just a load of s**t when it comes to PVP theres just no way to parry 100% of attacks from someone that doesn't follow a specific combo routine, showing lack of PVP knowledge.
    And from my PVP knowledge the most vital of all characters abilities for PVP is monks speed, cant kill what you cant catch.

But ultimately it will come down to play time. A pro warrior would own a noob monk, just saying that monks imo is gonna be the favourite, warrior most likely the least.

And I'm not just saying that cause i play monk lol, whole reason i played monk was for a future PVP update.
    Demonic666
  • Options
    Ive played warrior and know that the parry isn't invincible, there is a gap period after a successful parry and can take damage. Also parrying a unpredictable opponent would take a lot of practise, even then other players would just fake a attack to draw out a parry then barrage them.

Also parry blocks the first attack then relies on the attack stopping by the time the warrior has stopped doing his counter. Super move wise yeah your still gonna be in the middle of mages/monks super move, if you blocked monks first attack (god knows how you would fluke the timing.) then your just gonna take a 1 hit KO at the end, either way warriors life will just be getting beaten down and sitting in one spot trying to parry everything is ultimately just gonna fail.

Mage wise i haven't played much of (to be honest i reckon monks just gonna wipe the floor with everything.) but due to my lack of experience with mage i couldn't rule them out. But mage i guess it would be, do your best to keep at range and by the times warriors parry has finished mages dodge will be almost done aswel so unless warrior rushes the mage i don't really see how a warrior would win a range battle with a mage lol.

Either way every-time warriors just say they will just parry everything, which is just a load of s**t when it comes to PVP theres just no way to parry 100% of attacks from someone that doesn't follow a specific combo routine, showing lack of PVP knowledge.
    And from my PVP knowledge the most vital of all characters abilities for PVP is monks speed, cant kill what you cant catch.

But ultimately it will come down to play time. A pro warrior would own a noob monk, just saying that monks imo is gonna be the favourite, warrior most likely the least.

And I'm not just saying that cause i play monk lol, whole reason i played monk was for a future PVP update.

You just gonna get youself kill when PVP come in, if you still think like that.

1. There is no " gap period after a successful parry ", none.
    One time in Hero's road on Normal mode.
    I was parrying wolf attack, and the big eye ball is firing his laser at my back. After I finish my first parry, I parry that laser with out taken any damage.
    On the Endless tower.
    Parrying Bearman and Greatsword Skeleton has his sword in my neck, but after finish the parry, I parry the 2nd with out getting hit.
    On endless again.
    Parrying that dam cat while having 2 Wolfman claw on my face. Again, parry that with out getting hit.

If there will be any "gap period after a successful parry", that because you let it happen.

2. When it come to Warrior vs Mage, this what gonna happen.
    Warrior rush in, with his thumb at the parry button, that would give his the reaction time faster than any mage's attack can come out.
    If she not attacking. When you are in a good range, do surprice dash attack that come out faster than 0.2 sec. Then let see she can react faster than average human reaction.
    If she attack, parry them. Then what? is she gonna take the hit form parry? No, she will use her teleport.
    And when her only life saver teleport still on cool down, use dash attack, it wont get push back by eruption, even if she use laser you would get behind her easily with dash attack. or you can just parry the dam thing again, and this time she cant teleport out of the way.
    Keep going until warrior win.

Even freeze teleport can be parry, since it cause impack that break barrel, it can be parry. It didn't just freeze you, it make contact then focre freezing effect on you, I know because I use to do coding in gaming too. Also if it got parry, Warrior wont be freeze. When a contact is include reversal, it's the one that use reversal that count as the one dealing damage, and only him can force any effect on enemy.

Warrior vs Mage, is not about combo routine, It about Reaction.
    If Parry can not be use on people that don't follow a specific combo routine, then how can we use it in Street Fighter 3? It all about reaction, you don't have to know **** about what they gonna do, just react.

3. If you has any experience PVP "cant kill what you cant catch" is only work if you has a way to attack with out getting close yourself. It gonna be like monk Fighting Bearman in Temple Var'ja on normal mode, or in Ning Yuan on legendary mode. When the enemy not stopping his attack, mock must deal enough dmg to stun and take him down with the sp he has. However, I doubt that monk would take Warrior down, with out getting in and get hit first to get the 3 orb.

This is what gonna happen when Warrior vs Monk.
    a) Warrior rush in with dash attack to knock monk down. Monk dodge and use Rage of Vaj'Ra, waiting for warrior to finish his Dash attack, since at the end of dash attack he wont be hit. Monk hoping that when the dash end warrior will be hit with Rage of Vaj'Ra. But warior don't even care to time his parry, he just holding down parry button, then it automatically jump from dash to parry at the end of dash. Monk Vaj'Ra get parry, the chase continue until them both out of SP, then They attack eachother, get more sp, the chase continue.

b) Warrior corner Monk, In a way that Blade Barrage would cover all the area that monk can go w/o dodge. Slam the first Blade barrage, Monk dodge out of coner to where warrior is, Warrior turn aroung freely and hit 2 3 4 5 Blade in his face.
    Of cause, monk can use Rage of Vaj'Ra to counter this. but it lost more SP, and with out 3 orb, wont do mush damage on warrior that has extra 40% Def. So it come down to, can monk get 3 orb before warrior can catch monk.

Also When warrior run for 3 sec, his attack with be a 1 hit knock down, and he dash forward when he swing his Blade, so it cover more area. if monk not carfull, he can be catch off guard.

Both warrior and monk has they faster than you can react attack, and it both will knock enemy down, if it hit. So it depend on mind game at this point.
  • Options
    By the way, I didnt just Play Warrior, I got my Lv47Mage and Lv45Monk with a few godly gear and lv44 weapon on them. I play all 3. And know what they can do, and what they cant, before I said anything.
  • Options
    There's no gap between warrior's parry, it's just that sometimes the game gets Glu'd and your character somehow parries real fast which makes you have to parry fast again or else you will get hit.
  • Options

How do you feint an attack? If i see a monk punch me, can he pull it back? No, hes gonna follow through with the punch, and i think my reaction time is good enough to parry and unleash double energy wave hit.

Ive played as all three characters, but theres a reason i use warrior. His parry requires no CD, no Mana cost, and he has amazing defense.

And besides, we wont even know what the PvP mechanics are gonna be like, so why are we arguing about it?
  • Options
    Well i played heroes of order and chaos for a year and a half.
    Got to #18 in 3v3 out of 100k-200k players.its not the exact same tactics but close enough.
    Wait and see is all I'm gonna say.
    No point arguing about something not even out yet.

P.S.
    Like seriously if your that godly at parrying why arnt you all 150+ endless scores cause obviously your invincible with parry if nothing gets past lol.
    Demonic666
  • Options
    Well i played heroes of order and chaos for a year and a half.
    Got to #18 in 3v3 out of 100k-200k players.its not the exact same tactics but close enough.
    Wait and see is all I'm gonna say.
    No point arguing about something not even out yet.

P.S.
    Like seriously if your that godly at parrying why arnt you all 150+ endless scores cause obviously your invincible with parry if nothing gets past lol.

Out of time, even with all the parry, if it not all cri, it wont take down Bearman on 134+.

If this game PVP gonna be 3 vs 3 in a open world map that alot of place to hide, then it's a different story. But one on one with the enemy that alway has his eye on you, and has ability to cancel your attack, in a map that no where to hide, no sp regen without deal or take dmg. If you think it gonna be the same, you didn't play much game in your life. Just 1 factor add, can make a world different.

Example,
    TF WFC has a fast tranformation, you get it you kill and then run, it's a hit and run game. But when TF FOC include delay after tranform, it became every day boring shooting game, You has to go with your team because you can't run away fast enough before getting kill.
    Or Street Fighter 3, where the tier is not matter, as long as you has parry, even the safest and broken attack can be counter. But when it come to SF4, with a ****ty Focus attack that can easily be break, or the enemy can cancel his attack into spacial or super because it not using reversal but using stupid hitoverride. The low tier character wont has a chance in SF4, and they have to release patch after patch but nothing ever gonna be balance.

so dont think it gonna be the same, where you can hide behide your friend and wait to come out of no where to take the kill, or wait until enemy skill on cooldown, then come out to kill them. Sorry 1 on 1 has no place for you to hide, no friend to make enemy weak for you, they skill will all be ready just for you.

If you think because you are good at Heroes of order and chaos gonna make you a god in this one, well then I am a god too. In DOTA i easily get a rampage, by having my team go in and get kill so that all thier skill will be on cool down, then I come out and kill every last one of them. So I gonna make friend do the same on 1 vs 1 ahahahaha, NOPE THAT NOT GONNA HAPPEN.