Options

Data on iif, it increases quality not quantity

ThaDoctorThaDoctor Registered Users 50 Posts
Okay, so I decided to test increased item find to figure out exactly how it works because I've never seen any data to back up claims. I defeated legendary cyclops 300 total times. 100 times at 300% iif, 100 times at 150% iif! and 100 times at 0% iif. I wrote down the number and quality of each item dropped. I disregarded reagents as he always drops 2 every kill and I did not record gold drops, so that's something to consider. On to the results!

100 kills at 0% iif -

686 drops
267 grey 38.9%
379 green 55.2%
26 blue 3.8%
13 purple 1.9%
1 gold 0.1%

100 kills at 150% iif

697 drops
245 grey 35.1%
345 green 49.5%
60 blue 8.6%
36 purple 5.2%
11 gold 1.6%

100 kills at 300% iif

640 drops
208 grey 32.5%
308 green 48.1%
68 blue 10.6%
50 purple 7.8%
6 gold 0.9%

Conclusion - you can see from the total drops that there were no gains with increased %. Iif definitely doesn't affect drop totals. You can see, though, that the quality of item dropped definitely increases with higher item find %. Higher iif yields more blue/purple/golds and less green/whites. The anomaly of more golds at 150% than 300% can probably be attributed to the small sample size and a lucky drop streak. I would guess it to actually be around .5%

Comments

• Options
    EdgarsEdgars Registered Users 50 Posts
    Thats what i was always thinking that iif does. It increases chance to get Gold items. If Gold item has 0.1% chance to drop, then with 500 iif it has 0,5% chance to drop. More chance to drop better items - not more items.
  • Options
    litolito Registered Users 68 Posts
    It doesnt matter..its still retarded drop rate!!
    "fly high and touch the sky, but keep your feet to the ground"
  • Options
    SuperstargumSuperstargum Registered Users 197 Posts
    lito wrote: »
    It doesnt matter..its still retarded drop rate!!

Rofl I agree
  • Options
    TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    Very nice post and stats but you should consider the reagents too (not necessary blue sigil and purple heart but the gold soulshard).
    Anyway my impression is that drops on the bosses are different (L Nian gives much more good stuff than L Cyclops at the same IIF). Not very sure on this because I didn't get all the transcendent pieces but I got 4 of the 5 lv. 36 weapons from him.
  • Options
    Trainelu wrote: »
    Very nice post and stats but you should consider the reagents too (not necessary blue sigil and purple heart but the gold soulshard).
    Anyway my impression is that drops on the bosses are different (L Nian gives much more good stuff than L Cyclops at the same IIF). Not very sure on this because I didn't get all the transcendent pieces but I got 4 of the 5 lv. 36 weapons from him.

Reagents definitely are affected by iif, I noticed getting significantly more bloods at lower iif. I do know that each boss seems to have different drop rates. This wasn't an experiment to figure out cyclops drop rates, it was merely to figure out the effect of iif ON those drop rates. I'm sure if it did it on Nian the numbers would all change, but I'm certain that the different levels of iif would show the same results as doing it on cyclops. That is, iif increases quality, not quantity.
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    ThaDoctor wrote: »
    Reagents definitely are affected by IIF...

Is that why I have 1,185 demon prince sigils and only 18 blood, 97 hearts, 65 eyes and 11 soulshards, (with 421.9% IFF)?

Could lower IIF give less sigils and more bloods?
  • Options
    NazmarNazmar Registered Users 13 Posts
    Very nice post Thadoctor. We got some data now....
  • Options
    CooLTanGCooLTanG Registered Users 26 Posts
    Is that why I have 1,185 demon prince sigils and only 18 blood, 97 hearts, 65 eyes and 11 soulshards, (with 421.9% IFF)?

That's exactly right.
  • Options
    K_OtiCK_OtiC Registered Users 165 Posts
    I wouldn't consider 100 kills as useful statisical data. 10000 kills you could see proper patterns but 100kills aren't going to show a real change in item vs item. Perhaps request 20 people do 200 kills at 0% iif and 200 at 200% then graph it.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    K_OtiC wrote: »
    I wouldn't consider 100 kills as useful statisical data. 10000 kills you could see proper patterns but 100kills aren't going to show a real change in item vs item. Perhaps request 20 people do 200 kills at 0% iif and 200 at 200% then graph it.

Yea, that's true. I mean, i had a friend that got murdermaker from jade forest cyclops in 3 kills. She got three more in her next 300 kills. Does that mean that murdermaker dropped like candy from Jade Forest Cyclops? I will say NO.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    ImrulkzImrulkz Registered Users 677 Posts
    Yea, that's true. I mean, i had a friend that got murdermaker from jade forest cyclops in 3 kills. She got three more in her next 300 kills. Does that mean that murdermaker dropped like candy from Jade Forest Cyclops? I will say NO.
    Yeah im very agree with you, drop rate depent on your luck. Im still never find MM till cyclops jade gone, now on tower from 114-120 after 500 running still not find. Wth is this? U will u got same item u had more than 5 time.
  • Options
    HemantmaliksHemantmaliks Registered Users 116 Posts
    I agree with K_otic. Stats should be more Crystal Clear, Infact DEVZ should provide more info on IIF..
  • Options
    Imrulkz wrote: »
    Yeah im very agree with you, drop rate depent on your luck. Im still never find MM till cyclops jade gone, now on tower from 114-120 after 500 running still not find. Wth is this? U will u got same item u had more than 5 time.

That's my point. Finding an item is pure luck.
  • Options
    K_OtiCK_OtiC Registered Users 165 Posts

Yeah same issue here my mage had tier 8 weapons raining from the sky 8 godly chests and 6 helms in a day or 2 in there. 4 8+hour days on my warrior 0 weapons or items. Finally got my MM in tower 114/115 after a few runs there. Then went back to jade forest and acquired a helm and chestplate in a few hours. Monk had other issues many days and hours in jade 9 weapons 4 the same one and 5 of the same one 4 helms 0 chests no mittens.
  • Options
    SuperstargumSuperstargum Registered Users 197 Posts

That's because Bloods are used for the first 2 steps of evolution. Eyes are only in the first step... Sigils are also used in the last 2 steps but sigils are too abundant so its not much of a problem collecting these... Which is why Bloods always seem to be a shortage...
  • Options
    DemonicDemonic Registered Users 167 Posts
    That's because Bloods are used for the first 2 steps of evolution. Eyes are only in the first step... Sigils are also used in the last 2 steps but sigils are too abundant so its not much of a problem collecting these... Which is why Bloods always seem to be a shortage...

Um sigils are used in every step

Eye,blood,sigil
    Blood,sigil,heart
    Sigil,heart,soul

Lol how did you get that wrong.
    Be glad sigils are so abundant, otherwise your just gonna get screwed over for evolutions.
    Demonic666
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Demonic wrote: »
    ...Be glad sigils are so abundant, otherwise your just gonna get screwed over for evolutions.

1,185 demon prince sigils and only 18 blood, 97 hearts, 65 eyes and 11 soulshards.. I will still be screwed over for evolutions even if every one needs twice as many sigils.
  • Options
    VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    I remember Admin said that, Jade boss and tower dont have the same IIF formula as other stage of the game.

So it pointless to talk about item drop rate from Jade or tower, when the test results are coming from story mode's stage.
  • Options
    VoidBlader wrote: »
    I remember Admin said that, Jade boss and tower dont have the same IIF formula as other stage of the game.

So it pointless to talk about item drop rate from Jade or tower, when the test results are coming from story mode's stage.

I'm certain they have different drop rates for each quality and iif will affect each of those bosses/floors differently. I'm willing to bet they use the same quality increase and not any quantity increase as story mode

I completely agree with you. My aim wasn't to get actual drop rates and such. It was merely to answer two questions. Does iif affect the number of items dropped? Does iif affect the quality of items dropped? There's a lot of ambiguity on this topic on both the forums and the in-game chat with people completely certain it is one, the other, or both without ever pointing to any data. I got some rough data and made a conclusion.

The answer appears to be No, Yes respectively, even with the small sample size. I'm willing to entertain arguments to the contrary, though.

1,185 demon prince sigils and only 18 blood, 97 hearts, 65 eyes and 11 soulshards.. I will still be screwed over for evolutions even if every one needs twice as many sigils.

lower your iif to like 50% (or 0% if you can) and lob off 10 hellboy kills, you will notice a difference immediately. Still lots of sigils, but you'll start seeing lots more bloods.
  • Options
    DemonicDemonic Registered Users 167 Posts

You farm bosses too much.
    Ive got 1k+ sigils, but ive also got 500 eyes and 300 bloods lol... 50 hearts
    Hearts are the problem, dont know why people complain about eyes and blood when there just non-stop drops from endless
    Demonic666
  • Options
    Demonic wrote: »
    You farm bosses too much.
    Ive got 1k+ sigils, but ive also got 500 eyes and 300 bloods lol... 50 hearts
    Hearts are the problem, dont know why people complain about eyes and blood when there just non-stop drops from endless

I have over 1000 sigils, but 100 hearts, bloods, and eyes.